SiouxSports.com Forum

Weber Game Thread

bincitysioux

That might be the worst INT I have ever seen.  For you all you "the backup is better" people, watch this highlights above.  He is clueless when they send any pressure at all.  

That play reminded me of one of the first throws Bartles made when he came into the ISU game.  Clearly miscommunication between QB and WR.  

The backup QB. Always the best QB on the roster.

I've watched Studsrud throw bad interceptions (last game he played. His first pass of the game?), I've watched Bartels throw bad interceptions, and I've watched Mollberg throw bad interceptions. Those things aren't going to change. 

The backup QB. Always the best QB on the roster.

I've watched Studsrud throw bad interceptions (last game he played. His first pass of the game?), I've watched Bartels throw bad interceptions, and I've watched Mollberg throw bad interceptions. Those things aren't going to change. 

That  is the only kind of iterceptions there are.  All 3 guys have made them. Joe is the only one who hasn't thrown one this year of course.

Looking at the fumble, maybe tuck the ball and live another day. Loss of yardage with the lead is better than fumble recovery in the redzone. 

yep-

And Blind Joe (from The Voice) even pointed out Seibel being wide open on the play Bartels threw the pick.

Edited by gundy1124

yep-

And Blind Joe even pointed out Seibel being open on the play Bartels threw the pick.

Seibel the WR that is sitting out in the flats wide open? With a DB about 5 yards off? I noticed someone open that sat a few yards from the line of scrimmage, it actually took a few takes to figure out who the pass was trying to hit.

Seibel the WR that is sitting out in the flats wide open? With a DB about 5 yards off? I noticed someone open that sat a few yards from the line of scrimmage, it actually took a few takes to figure out who the pass was trying to hit.

yep, if you are going to throw it in 1.5 seconds let's at least hit the open guy, 23.

If you watch the protection, Norberg steps up with a block, the d-line gets collapsed to the left, Bartels could of moved to the right, smoked a cigarette, and let the double move develope.  Really, what was the hurry?  No pocket presence.

I know Bartels made some good throws, too, but we won't be successful with a QB collapsing in big moments of a game.

• Upvote 1

yep, if you are going to throw it in 1.5 seconds let's at least hit the open guy, 23.

If you watch the protection, Norberg steps up with a block, the d-line gets collapsed to the left, Bartels could of moved to the right, smoked a cigarette, and let the double move develope.  Really, what was the hurry?  No pocket presence.

I know Bartels made some good throws, too, but we won't be successful with a QB collapsing in big moments of a game.

The TD passes were some pretty good throws. 

His drop back and hurry made it seem like it should've been a slant route. Even a couple of extra steps,, a 5 step instead of 2/3 could allow you to see over the line a little btter and see the routes opening. 

My number one gripe with Bartels is his feel in the pocket. It doesn't exist. He has no idea how to step up or away from pressure to help his guys gain a blocking advantage. He seems to just panic right away. Maybe it's because he was used to awful line play as a fr?