SiouxSports.com Forum

Weber Game Thread

bincitysioux

Well I can go back to pretending I don't care about Sioux football.  At least hockey season has started.  Good luck selling tickets to the Alerus!

Good riddance. It's funny you'll tolerate an anual choke job in the national tourny every year but can't handle two off games in a row due to injures. Your "support" will not be missed.

• Upvote 3

I think all three qbs are about the same. I doubt our third string, Mollberg, does much better. I think all are about equal. 

If we ever need to throw the ball when UND is behind. They are all going to be "cold" thanks to no passing rhythm between the qbs and the receivers throughout much of the game. UND runs the ball well usually in the first half. Until the other teams defense adjust and shut that down seeing the same plays being run. 

I think all three qbs are about the same. I doubt our third string, Mollberg, does much better. I think all are about equal. 

If we ever need to throw the ball when UND is behind. They are all going to be "cold" thanks to no passing rhythm between the qbs and the receivers throughout much of the game. UND runs the ball well usually in the first half. Until the other teams defense adjust and shut that down seeing the same plays being run. 

I think you are spot on there.  And after teams watch Weber who is not a passing game...rip us apart with fast tempo and passing.....other teams might finally realize they should just start like that in the 1st quarter, which if they do.......we are in trouble.

We all knew this team has never been built to play from behind.

What!?! UND was leading 24-10 in the 4th....  This is a team that is supposed to wear team out by the 4th Q and finish them off instead we turnover the ball over and give the opposing teams a short field to come back and win.  The offense was setup a couple of times in the 3rd Q with great field position and nothing.  Plus we had a duck hook on a chippy FG..  UND is killing themselves plain and simple.

We are still a joke!

On a positive note Boeser had a hat trick to lead the Sioux to victory with its #3 goalie in net.  It wasn't pretty, but they found a way to win.  Something we can't say about the football program right now.

Good job North Dakota Hockey beat Bemidji State. 

Is that like Oregon football beating Wyoming and bragging about it?

Edited by Cratter

Good riddance. It's funny you'll tolerate an anual choke job in the national tourny every year but can't handle two off games in a row due to injures. Your "support" will not be missed.

He's a hockey and nickname only troll. Unfortunately something the und fan base has way too many of. 

sadly this is spot on.  A promising start thrown in to the trash, and at an inopportune time as well.

At least you got the tongue in cheek comment.  The last two losses are going to be devastating to getting people to watch this team.  Unlike other schools, football isn't the only show in town where people will come out to games no matter how they play.  

• Downvote 1

I understand the injury situation and limits on talent and recruiting that Bubba has - but - what we are seeing that passes for "Bubba Ball" is just crap.  At this time in his second year I at least expected an assignment sharp, mentally tough team that sometimes got beat on talent but didn't beat themselves and were tough to play against.  I don't expect to be out-adjusted every half time and to pee winnable games down our leg.  Missed blocks, poor execution - at some point that has to be on the coaches.  Not impressed so far.  Time for the team and coaches to figure it out.

Exactly this.

Two eerily similar chokes in a row in winnable games is a scary trend, not to mention the impact on team support, attendance, etc. 

This kind of sucks. Daybyday or not.

Frustrating beyond words.  By all rights UND should be 4-0 in the Big Sky going into next week's matchup in Missoula.  Unlike some of the posters who stop caring after these tough losses, I continue to find myself invested in this team and the direction it's heading.  While the excuse doesn't change anything, this is a different game if Reyes plays and if UND has even an average QB.  When you lose a lead late and your opponent knows you can't effectively throw the ball, this is the result you get.  I will continue to support this team, but these last two losses have been hard to swallow, and hurt a lot more than the loss to NDSU, that deep down, we all knew was coming.  The what ifs after these last two late collapses sting.

• Upvote 2

Earlier in the game I think we had a first and goal from the 5 yard line and got  no points.  That was big .  Obviously , when you are trying to hold the lead and win the game   late,  you can't be fumbling on your own 10 yard line.  Bartels did not have a good game by any stretch.

• Upvote 1

I think you are spot on there.  And after teams watch Weber who is not a passing game...rip us apart with fast tempo and passing.....other teams might finally realize they should just start like that in the 1st quarter, which if they do.......we are in trouble.

exactly.  never understood why we decided to pride ourselves on stopping the run in a pass happy league.