SiouxSports.com Forum

Target Center Upgrades

MafiaMan

22 hours ago, Sioux>Bison said:

The Target Center is a disaster of a hockey venue and it won't get better at hosting a tourney if they don't make some big changes and updates to the ice, boards, seats etc. it will not be a better venue without these changes and without changes to the way the tourney is managed. The tourney is a disgrace to one of the best hockey leagues in the country.

the tickets should be cheap becaus of how big a joke the target center is.

Could not agree more on the ice , boards, and glass. Went to it last year. The whole thing was a joke from getting in Target Center to getting out. Until they upgrade I will stay at home and watch from my couch. 

• Upvote 3

20 minutes ago, sioux rube said:

Could not agree more on the ice , boards, and glass. Went to it last year. The whole thing was a joke from getting in Target Center to getting out. Until they upgrade I will stay at home and watch from my couch. 

I hope you have a real comfy couch! I'm not so concerned about the upgrades, my problem is with the employees!

After the !@#$ show that was getting our tickets last year at will call we're glad to be out of town on a ski vacation during this years Tourney.   However much I love having the Tourney right here in town where I live it's not worth going to the Target Center for it.

• Upvote 2

Kinda interesting I just got a call from the Big Ten ticket office trying to sell ticket packages to the Big Ten championships

when he asked how it was going today I said Well not that great for the Big Ten"

he laughed and said " so you probably pretty much not interested in a ticket package?"

Yeah you got that right buddy.

• Upvote 2

8 minutes ago, Redneksioux said:

After two straight years of a disappointing experience at the target center, I'll be staying home this year.

I hear ya - I have gone for many years & always enjoyed the Xcell center 

Maybe the Regional depending on how things turn out

On March 2, 2016 at 4:44 PM, InHeavenThereIsNoBeer said:

I'm curious, how do you thing the tournament could be managed better?

As to your last point, tickets this year for General Admission are $45 for all 4 games.  At $11.25/game, I'm not sure how much more affordable they could be.

EDIT: Being told tickets can be had for $18 a day or $9/game

Maybe by not trying to hang tv's in the arena (over the tunnel I was sitting near)during the game blocking fans' view of the game in process?

And let's not forget fan safety where fans were being funneled out after the und game but they couldn't get fans wristbands fast enough. If it weren't for a witty fan shutting the escalators off it would have gotten very ugly very fast.

Ill support und from home. I won't support the target center ever again.

• Upvote 1

It should be all about FUN

A interaction of teams from the conference 

Meaningless except the winner gets a last chance at the tournament - which can be exciting & how many teams have improved in the second half - it could be significant

But I did not find Target Center Fun & much prefer how we made the tournament last few yrs

So unless it is Fun & a pleasant place to get together with folks who love hockey as much as u do - Why do it ? It's a expensive trip - So unless it is special for lots of other reasons - I prefer to wait

Plus the whole PIG 10 Thing to me ruined great rivalries 

& their arrogance & attitudes set back & changed the Final Five forever

Trying to recreate it as Frozen Face off was worth a try - but to me has failed - mainly because of how poor the Target Center is compared to Excel Center - before the trip was kinda worth it to party eat & drink for a weekend  - I guess being retired & having to be more particular about what is Fun - It just isn't there anymore

Oh & my wife having knee replacement surgery next week may have also had something to do with it :D

2 hours ago, MafiaMan said:

Just because you won't - or can't - attend the games doesn't make someone "less" of a fan.

If I'm paying that kind of money I want the venue to be at least half decent. The Target Center is anything but half decent. It's a dump. 

14 minutes ago, sioux rube said:

If I'm paying that kind of money I want the venue to be at least half decent. The Target Center is anything but half decent. It's a dump. 

My definition of "that kind of money" must be different than yours.

• 4 weeks later...
On ‎2‎/‎24‎/‎2016 at 10:07 AM, northernraider said:

I think Sioux Falls would be a great central location for the Frozen Faceoff, but amount of local interest would be questionable.

Just hope they do not move it to Pepsi Center or something.   

I was thinking Sioux Falls too.  And perhaps even the old Neb-Omaha arena prior to this season t moving into their new arena.

44 minutes ago, tnt said:

http://www.targetcenterrenovation.org/

The final approval for upgrades has come and here is the timeline for renovations. Looks like a huge high definition scoreboard is first.

Anyone have any idea if/when they are going to replace the seats ?   That needs to be done in the first stage, the seats are disgusting.

• Upvote 4

10 hours ago, rochsioux said:

Anyone have any idea if/when they are going to replace the seats ?   That needs to be done in the first stage, the seats are disgusting.

Exact same thoughts I had when I didn't see it on the list.  

Seats would probably be done near the end, when any real construction is already completed. They would probably be a finish item, like carpeting. You don't put in the finish work until near the end because you don't want it covered in dust from construction work.