SiouxSports.com Forum

Target Center Upgrades

MafiaMan

19 hours ago, Sioux>Bison said:

The Target Center is a disaster of a hockey venue and it won't get better at hosting a tourney if they don't make some big changes and updates to the ice, boards, seats etc. it will not be a better venue without these changes and without changes to the way the tourney is managed. The tourney is a disgrace to one of the best hockey leagues in the country.

the tickets should be cheap becaus of how big a joke the target center is.

I'm curious, how do you thing the tournament could be managed better?

As to your last point, tickets this year for General Admission are $45 for all 4 games.  At $11.25/game, I'm not sure how much more affordable they could be.

EDIT: Being told tickets can be had for $18 a day or $9/game

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, InHeavenThereIsNoBeer said:

I'm curious, how do you thing the tournament could be managed better?

As to your last point, tickets this year for General Admission are $45 for all 4 games.  At $11.25/game, I'm not sure how much more affordable they could be.

That would be nice...I'm either scalping for the B1G or just watching at one of the bars. I'm not paying the prices they want for an empty arena.

1 minute ago, GFG said:

That would be nice...I'm either scalping for the B1G or just watching at one of the bars. I'm not paying the prices they want for an empty arena.

I thought it was very good considering that's what a ticket for one game at The Ralph usually costs. How much are Big 10 tickets' face value?

6 minutes ago, InHeavenThereIsNoBeer said:

I thought it was very good considering that's what a ticket for one game at The Ralph usually costs. How much are Big 10 tickets' face value?

I would jump at that price for sure. B1G is a lot higher.

$80 for upper level

$80 for lower level corners

$150 for lower level between the blue lines

$180 for club level

Edit: Single game tickets for the Championship game start at $40 a piece

14 minutes ago, Cratter said:

Well you live in GF, and are on a SiouxSports website a lot. Going to the NCHC tournament is an easy step for you. 

Now all GFG needs is a Sioux hockey jersey and his transformation to the dark side will be complete!

• Upvote 4

31 minutes ago, GFG said:

$80 for upper level

$180 for club level

Another reason not to join BTH.

Just now, GFG said:

I think some of it has to do with whatever their deal is with the X. They were much cheaper in Detroit last year.

Odds are I probably wouldn't be going to Detroit anyways, and by the looks of it no one else did either. :lol:

• Upvote 2

Just now, Cratter said:

Odds are I probably wouldn't be going to Detroit anyways, and by the looks of it no one else did either. :lol:

Literally nobody :lol:

I would never go to the tournament in Detroit. Planned on never going right from the start

15 hours ago, GFG said:

$80 for upper level

$180 for club level

Those are not even the good seats

15 hours ago, GFG said:

Literally nobody :lol:

I would never go to the tournament in Detroit. Planned on never going right from the start

Um, I traveled to Detroit this past summer and if you get out of the city, the suburbs are actually nice. Obviously, we stayed out of the "city"...

16 hours ago, GFG said:

$80 for upper level

$180 for club level

Got an email trying to get me to buy tickets to the Big Ten Tourney and for the first 2 days they had a deal for 4 tickets in the lower level with hot dogs and sodas for just $99 each day.  Apparently they want the lower level to look a little more respectable.  

1 hour ago, tnt said:

Got an email trying to get me to buy tickets to the Big Ten Tourney and for the first 2 days they had a deal for 4 tickets in the lower level with hot dogs and sodas for just $99 each day.  Apparently they want the lower level to look a little more respectable.  

I got that same email. Are they only having the bottom level open?

1 hour ago, tnt said:

I heard they're not selling the upper level