SiouxSports.com Forum

Weber State: Gut Check Week

SWSiouxMN

A loss here would mean curtains for playoff hopes. We aren't "supposed" to make them this year anyway but I think it could make the rebuilding project accelerate faster in terms of brining in recruits and rebuilding the reputation of the program if we exceed expectations. We need to get back to being a program with a killer instinct. That means instead of being down after a loss our team is angry and takes it out on the next opponent. Losing programs snowball with bad momentum, good programs recover the next week, great programs are a force to be reckoned with the week after a loss. We need to start being a force after a loss or even a sub par performance. So yea, we need to kick arse this weekend.

Agreed. And no we weren't supposed to make the playoffs, but we also weren't supposed to beat Wyoming and start 4-1. For recruiting purposes, I think the hot start is good as it shows we are trending in the right direction. The Idaho St loss is a step back in terms of program direction (good programs find a way to win, especially those types of games). That being said, we have plenty of opportunities to rebuild our momentum, it start with another road win, then taking on the MT schools. Playoffs are alive, but we just made it much harder on ourselves by blowing that game.

Let's remember, UND is 2-1 in the conference and 7-1 would likely mean a conference championship. Point is, UND is not eliminated from anything, and they are CAPABLE of beating everyone left on the schedule. 

One day at a time and one game at a time. Time to focus on Weber State and getting back in the win column. Getting Reyes back would do wonders. Also, Stusdrud is critical to the offense. We don't have enough talent at wide receiver for a "gunslinger" like Bartels or Mollberg to be effective. UND needs Studsrud's athleticism. I'm looking for Studsrud and Reyes to return and for UND to get a necessary victory on the road. 

Let's remember, UND is 2-1 and 7-1 would likely mean a conference championship. Point is, UND is not eliminated from anything, and they are CAPABLE of beating everyone left on the schedule. 

One day at a time and one game at a time. Time to focus on Weber State and getting back in the win column. Getting Reyes back would do wonders. Also, Stusdrud is critical to the offense. We don't have enough talent at wide receiver for a "gunslinger" like Bartels or Mollberg to be effective. UND needs Studsrud's athleticism. I'm looking for Studsrud and Reyes to return and for UND to get a necessary victory on the road. 

Interesting tidbit ... Kenny Golladay is leading University of Northern Illinois with 34 receptions for 529 yards and 3 TDs. No other receiver on that roster has exceeded 20 receptions or 200 yards.

Could we please find another freak athlete like that? Please Bubba? Channel your inner Mussman, but only on this one thing!

Interesting tidbit ... Kenny Golladay is leading University of Northern Illinois with 34 receptions for 529 yards and 3 TDs. No other receiver on that roster has exceeded 20 receptions or 200 yards.

Could we please find another freak athlete like that? Please Bubba? Channel your inner Mussman, but only on this one thing!

Not saying Dulin is an NFL player like Kenny, but he's got even more length than Kenny and can run a little bit. He also showed good hands on his HS film. Let's hope he's filling out nicely and getting faster and stronger for next year.

Not saying Dulin is an NFL player like Kenny, but he's got even more length than Kenny and can run a little bit. He also showed good hands on his HS film. Let's hope he's filling out nicely and getting faster and stronger for next year.

Sure hope so. He certainly has the size if he can fill out. 

Glad to hear Weber primarily likes to run the ball, should be a good matchup for us.  Let's have NO turnovers this week.   Studsrud's athletic and running ability has been nice and he has a winning record for us.  Can't say that I wanted Bartels to start over him, but with some of Studs poor throws and never looking off his first option.......a guy can't help but wonder if a better passing attack would result in a net overall gain for our offense even if the QB doesn't get as many rushing yards.   I guess now we have no choice and will find out how it goes.  Bartels gets a full week of starter reps.....and has played before.....so it's his chance to show us what he's got.    Let's just win this one.....I don't want to give up hope on the playoffs yet!

• Upvote 1

Big time.  Buffering made it almost unwatchable.

Yes, at first I thought it was my computer, but it sounds like it was a widespread issues. The game started off running great. By the second quarter I was having buffering issues, and after the start of the 3rd quarter it was buffering every 5-10 seconds.

I know it is a free webcast, but it is very unimpressive to put that kind of product out there. I don't know if it is UND or Eversports, but they need to figure it out.

Anyone watch a webcast from Weber yet?  Wondering what the quality will be like.  Looking forward to hockey on TV and Football on the computer.

The game is locally televised so the tv feed may be the one they use for the online feed, but everyone has been having problems with eversport lately so the feed may not be the problem.

anybody planning on making the trek out west? Be careful coming out as the weather isn't supposed to be the best this weekend

Weekly 2-deep changes:

Offense
Brandon Anderson returns from injury to move back into #1 LG spot, Dan Bell moves back down to #2 (Anderson ended up playing the whole game last week after the staff didn't think he'd be able to go early in the week).

Defense
N/A

Special Teams
N/A

Of note - Studsrud and Reyes both listed as starters on the depth chart, with the staff hoping they will play.  Clive Georges not on the depth chart, staff is hoping he will play.

This is one game I thought UND had in the bags or would have won with ease but I forget how many injuries you guys have.  That definitely hurts but still who would have ever thought you'd be 4-2 with a 2-1 big sky record to start and tied for 3rd?

One game at a time.  Had plenty of opportunities last week even with the injuries.  It would have been big to get to 5 wins with 5 games left.  

Lots of season left but it appears there will be a lot of teams sitting at 7 wins come year end.  Hoping we can find a way to win a minimum of 3 more games and be at worst one of them.  

One game at a time.  Had plenty of opportunities last week even with the injuries.  It would have been big to get to 5 wins with 5 games left.  

Lots of season left but it appears there will be a lot of teams sitting at 7 wins come year end.  Hoping we can find a way to win a minimum of 3 more games and be at worst one of them.  

Weber and Northern Colorado are must win games.

Montana and Montana St. - Need to win 1 if not both.

Cal Poly - I just see us struggling here. Last week of the season, so who knows how banged up we are. Fortunately, we have a good run defense, but Cal-Poly always seems to have a tricky offense. Beat MT, Got Smoked my MT State, Almost beat E. Washington. They seem pretty unpredictable, but I'm hoping our playoff chances to come down the the very last week on the road (though that would make for a heck of a game).

UND's best chance is at Weber, NC at home and need a win against Montana or montana St.  I don't see a win at Cal Poly.

great minds think alike. I agree, I just think Cal Poly is better than their current record. Doesn't mean injuries won't be a factor at the end of the season for them either.

If UND plays like they did against Wyo or even PSU, they could win any of these games. Play like we did against Drake in the 2nd half or ISU in the second half, and we could lose any of these games.

Edited by siouxfan512