SiouxSports.com Forum

Weber State: Gut Check Week

SWSiouxMN

This is a big game in terms of the season goals and trying to win the conference and get into the playoffs. Since its a road game, it will be tough, but if the UND defense gets back Reyes, I think UND can pull this one out. Furthermore, if Studsrud and Georges play, that would be even better. 

They must not have faith in the other two cb?

With the teams remaining on our schedule I think all of the top four will get their chance to prove themselves.  Every team left presents a different offensive scheme and it fits their skill sets differently.  As long as they stick around, they will get a shot.  One of them has to start standing out pretty soon.  

• Upvote 1

I don't think thats its a big drop in any of the corners. I think that some aren't getting the opportunity due to measurables/height. I believe that once you play against Better QB's you will see that the measureables arent measuring up. (I.e. Portland) I think all the cb's have some good qualities. 

agreed

• Upvote 1

does this team have quality depth?

You apparently don't think it does. 

My opinion is for a coaching staff that had to replace nearly half of the roster before last season, it's been pretty good. Still some work to do at some positions but that had to be expected with the turnover that was there. Guys that want to play are still around. 

• Upvote 1

I dont think play making ability is the problem for carter.  Look at game film from last season he made some great plays. And from what i hear  "he's making great plays at practice.  if you think there is that much of a play making difference in the cb's . That good for you. But thats not your call or mine thats on the coaches and i stand by their choice. I just want to see what everyone brings to the table. 

If Carter had shown any playmaking ability to this point he would be playing.  That much is obvious after last weekend.  The coaches must not have seen enough through 2 fall camps and a spring ball session.

i think he play every game last year until he was hurt.  im just like most of und fans i want to win! And yes i trust what the coaches are doing . They have a standard for the team and i don't think anyone wants to win more then the coaches.