SiouxSports.com Forum

2015-2016 College Hockey (non UND Hockey)

cberkas

21 hours ago, fightingsioux4life said:

A combined BTHC/NCHC/WCHA tournament at the Xcel Energy Center would be epic. I would pay good money to watch that action.

I think that's a horrible idea. The Little 6 would dictate the terms and the NCHC and the WCHA would be playing games at 1100 in the morning.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Goon said:

I think that's a horrible idea. The Little 6 would dictate the terms and the NCHC and the WCHA would be playing games at 1100 in the morning.

Then the Little 6 would be left out and the NCHC and WCHA would do it without them. The Little 6 needs to get over itself and drop this messiah complex; they are in no position to dictate anything.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

37 minutes ago, Goon said:

So basically the same time as the Little 6 teams when they are shown on Big Ten Network? :)

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Godsmack said:

In reading Candace Horgan's article in today's USCHO, how is it that Denver can finish no higher than second? Aren't they tied with SCSU right now? Couldn't they theoretically earn a share of the Penrose Cup?

She's probably talking post-season conference tournament seeding. 

10 hours ago, fightingsioux4life said:

Why? Everyone would know at least one year in advance when and where it would take place. Or maybe NCHC and WCHA? Whatever happens, the current format is not sustainable for any of these leagues.

I don't think the NCHC would be involved with that. I'd love to combine the B1G and NCHC tournaments at the X the same weekend, but I would bet if that happens that it's the B1G and WCHA since they're the two conferences with rotating venues right now. The B1G not-commissioner guy also said he's been in talks with the WCHA about some sort of scheduling agreement.

10 hours ago, The Sicatoka said:

So Don is recruiting the Thai phenom Shu Ting Puk? ;):D

If Don found a recruit with that name I'd be disappointed if he didn't recruit him :D

10 hours ago, The Sicatoka said:

I'm saying game day scheduling. 

Fri at ... Noon(?) for WCHA Semi #1; 3 pm B1G Semi #1; 6 pm WCHA Semi #2; 9 pm B1G Semi #2 ... 

You could try a Thu/Sat (B1G) and Fri/Sun (WCHA) format, but do folks want to hang around to Sunday? 

2 conferences, 4 teams each. Thu: B1G semi #1 and WCHA semi #1  Fri: B1G semi #2 and WCHA semi #2  Sat: B1G and WCHA championship games.

19 hours ago, InHeavenThereIsNoBeer said:

Then I'd have to set an alarm for 6:00AM to start drinking! ;)

Nevermind the alarm, gfhockey could just swing over to your hotel room and knock on the door.  He'd be just getting home from The Seville Club anyways.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, iluvdebbies said:

Only when I tell them I'm Dave Starman.

If you really are The Star-Man,  first of all, thank you for your enthusiasm for and promotion of the college game.  Second, you owe me $12.50, a Sega Genesis controller,  and two months rent.  You'll get your ABBA tape and hair dryer back when I get my stuff.

If, you are not really The Star-man,   find a new pick-up line because I've used that one up.

• Upvote 1

32 minutes ago, Boy Named Sioux said:

If you really are The Star-Man,  first of all, thank you for your enthusiasm for and promotion of the college game.  Second, you owe me $12.50, a Sega Genesis controller,  and two months rent.  You'll get your ABBA tape and hair dryer back when I get my stuff.

If, you are not really The Star-man,   find a new pick-up line because I've used that one up.

No need to get your "tight pants" in a wad. I'm doing just fine with my Starman line. But it is amazing the number of "Caitlyns" YOU have picked up with it though.

I think a common fallacy amongst college hockey fans is that "traditional" powers will always be great.  Fact of the matter is, once you slide down the hill of mediocrity, it's harder to climb back up than we think.

Who could imagine Michigan Tech taking a 30 year nosedive after their last NCAA apprarance in I believe the early 1980's?  Maine was a powerhouse in the 1990's and was a few seconds away from being a national champion as recently as 2002.  Lake Superior State - 88, 92, and 94 NCAA champs.  Blew a 3rd period lead againt Maine in 93, otherwise we're talking FOUR titles in seven years!  And that program has fallen into the abyss.  

I guess my point is that there seems to be a thought out there that just because schools like Wisconsin (and Michigan State, for that matter) USED TO BE associated with greatness, just because they're B10 doesn't necessarily mean there is any reason to think they'll be "back" anytime soon.  

• Upvote 4