SiouxSports.com Forum

2015-2016 College Hockey (non UND Hockey)

cberkas

1 hour ago, UND-RedSox fan said:

I have no idea what to think of Michigan. They put up 6 goals a night but yet I'm not sold on them. They haven't played a good team in a long time. Penn State only has a good record because they play most of their out of conference games against Atlantic Hockey. We all know what Minnesota is this year. Michigan State, Ohio State, and Wisconsin are three of the worst teams in the country. And that is all Michigan has been playing in the last 3 months.

Racine doesn't look to be a very good tender...and their defense has shown even against those bad teams to be a bit suspect.
That 2nd goal tonight for UMN was similar to the Frazee/Bina goal but just from the blue line instead of the opposing goal line.  Racine didn't look sharp at all.

2 minutes ago, brianvf said:

Racine doesn't look to be a very good tender...and their defense has shown even against those bad teams to be a bit suspect.
That 2nd goal tonight for UMN was similar to the Frazee/Bina goal but just from the blue line instead of the opposing goal line.  Racine didn't look sharp at all.

The game winning goal he should have stopped.

4 minutes ago, brianvf said:

Did you see he was actually a finalist for the Richter?! Granted 26 goalies are finalists but he has been awful. Somehow 3 goalies from the Big 10 made it despite the fact that they are the worst defensive college hockey conference in 15 years.

If you want to know just how bad the paid ticket no shows are at Mariucci, get this...Minnesota sold 10,499 tickets for the game tonight. 2nd all-time in the arenas history and there was still some noticeably open seats. It definitely didn't look bad attendance wise, but they sold much more tickets than available seats. 

Edit: Even more surprising is that UND isn't in the top 3...I find it hard to believe. #1 is Wisconsin in 2004 with 10,587 and #3 is Michigan in 2014 with 10,495. I actually can't believe UND isn't in there...only explanation is that they didn't release as many tickets for the UND games.

28 minutes ago, GFG said:

If you want to know just how bad the paid ticket no shows are at Mariucci, get this...Minnesota sold 10,499 tickets for the game tonight. 2nd all-time in the arenas history and there was still some noticeably open seats. It definitely didn't look bad attendance wise, but they sold much more tickets than available seats. 

Edit: Even more surprising is that UND isn't in the top 3...I find it hard to believe. #1 is Wisconsin in 2004 with 10,587 and #3 is Michigan in 2014 with 10,495. I actually can't believe UND isn't in there...only explanation is that they didn't release as many tickets for the UND games.

Have they even offered SRO tickets for the UND games? Next year when the ice surface is changed from Olympic to NHL the UND game should have no empty seats and should pass both Wisconsin and Michigan.

4 minutes ago, cberkas said:

Have they even offered SRO tickets for the UND games? Next year when the ice surface is changed from Olympic to NHL the UND game should have no empty seats and should pass both Wisconsin and Michigan.

Courtesy of all the UND fans that will attend. You sure as hell know Minnesota fans won't fill it up on their own. ;):D

3 minutes ago, cberkas said:

They've always offered SRO for every game to my knowledge. There's no way UND wouldn't be #1 on that list if they released the same amount of tickets, though. They're not changing the ice size next year. It got moved back so they could do some other upgrades first. Locker room and such. I wish they would've done the ice first.

18 minutes ago, GFG said:

They've always offered SRO for every game to my knowledge. There's no way UND wouldn't be #1 on that list if they released the same amount of tickets, though. They're not changing the ice size next year. It got moved back so they could do some other upgrades first. Locker room and such. I wish they would've done the ice first.

Well yeah, but what's really important here? :)

8 hours ago, bigskyvikes said:

Boy is this guy on to something? 

I made a similar prediction on USCHO when a Duluth fan (Biddco?) said he hoped UMD got swept at SCSU to hurt UND.

I told him such a wish guaranteed no worse than a split for UMD. :D 

• Upvote 1