SiouxSports.com Forum

Submitted Nicknames

darell1976

Committee member and UND alumnus Lowell Schweigert voiced concerns about the time crunch to pick a name and Walton said Kelley would support the committee taking the time it needs.

We should all be glad that guys like Lowell Schweigert are on this committee.  He is a great guy and really understands the importance of this commitee and the process.  While I get it that it this process has taken forever it seems, now that we are in the point in the porcess to select the name, he realizes you need time to make sure it is done right. 

Committee member and UND alumnus Lowell Schweigert voiced concerns about the time crunch to pick a name and Walton said Kelley would support the committee taking the time it needs.

We should all be glad that guys like Lowell Schweigert are on this committee. He is a great guy and really understands the importance of this commitee and the process. While I get it that it this process has taken forever it seems, now that we are in the point in the porcess to select the name, he realizes you need time to make sure it is done right.

Are you kidding? This needs to get done right away! All hail the Sundogs!

The branding guy's name may be "Kelly O'Keefe" but I don't believe he's related to Tim O'Keefe et al. He seems to be an east coast guy when you look at his VCU Brandcenter bio and LinkedIn account. 

You mean like Kodiak Grizzley Bears? The same bears indigenous to Kodiak Island of Alaska? Not sure there are any ties to ND with this!

I agree. But, hasn't stopped a bunch of people getting on board with the name Roughriders so we can apparently honor a volunteer cavalry from New Mexico and it's surrounding areas.