SiouxSports.com Forum

Tourny Selection Gameday Thread

geaux_sioux

I am freaking out a bit...same station, 2.5 hours between start of Gophers and start of Sioux...that leaves no room for error and no room for OT...

We might get stuck watching the end of a Gopher-Bulldog tilt and missing the first period of UND...

As long as the dogs are kicking gopher tail it would not be too bad!

The WCHA auto-bid? He means B10, right?

No he means the WCHA.

Tony Schmit @wildlycrazytony 2h2 hours ago

@twolinepass @puckato I'm a Go4 fan and even I think you're an idiot. WCHA is a solid conference. Go watch some hockey before you tweet

i, rl @twolinepass 2h2 hours ago

@wildlycrazytony it's not. i saw about 70 college hockey games this year. thanks.

@twolinepass @puckato Then your vision is bad enough that you qualify to ref the B1G tournament next year...

He's also been trolling Goon all weekend.

Anyone wondering how to exhibit professionalism on Twitter?  Do the opposite of that guy.

I didn't answer him, I muted him on my tweet deck. In my post, I said he was trolling a fan base, we was and I did attack him. The thing is if you're paid by impressions, not bad idea. I guess. Now he wants to get rid of the WCHA and AHA autobids. Yeah, okay.  I noticed that Freddy didn't take the bait either. 

I didn't answer him, I muted him on my tweet deck. In my post, I said he was trolling a fan base, we was and I did attack him. The thing is if you're paid by impressions, not bad idea. I guess. Now he wants to get rid of the WCHA and AHA autobids. Yeah, okay.  I noticed that Freddy didn't take the bait either. 

The idiot said Hockey East should always get 5 teams in if they are a 12 team conference. 

That explains enough about his thought process for me to come up with a conclusion.  

I like our regional pairing a lot!   I think we got a real nice draw compared to the other regions.   However I would have really liked beating the goofers in Fargo. ............. Quinny is very beatable and who doesn't like acting revenge against an opponent that beat you the weekend prior !   :D #GoSiouxGo

No he means the WCHA.

@twolinepass @puckato I'm a Go4 fan and even I think you're an idiot. WCHA is a solid conference. Go watch some hockey before you tweet

i, rl @twolinepass 2h2 hours ago

@wildlycrazytony it's not. i saw about 70 college hockey games this year. thanks.

@twolinepass @puckato Then your vision is bad enough that you qualify to ref the B1G tournament next year...

I miss playing Minnesota in the regular season and in the conference playoffs.  Morons like this I can do without.

Man, there is a lot of crying about the brackets. ECAC fans crying that Providence gets to play at home, Quinnipiac fans crying about playing a higher 1 seed. I look at it this way, their a 4 seed and should be lucky that their team is in the NCAA tournament. I'm  sure Lowell and BGSU would gladly that Yale and Quinnipiac's place. Miami fans are crying that they have to play Providence in Providence. They got a easier seed and are crying about it, If Miami is as good as they were in the NCHC tournament they have nothing to worry about.

http://www.miamihawktalk.com/discussion/viewtopic.php?t=60924&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

I honestly don't get how Miami was screwed? UND had to play UW in Wisconsin in March of 2008. UND also played the Mini Beanpot tourney in March of 2005. I just don't get how Miami was screwed?.

Wisconsin was the host in 2008, so obviously they would be in that regional.  I can't find who was the host in Worcester, but UND was a 2-seed.  Miami, as an 1-seed, gets rewarded by playing against a non-host 4-seed who gets hometown advantage.  That's getting screwed.  Providence has no business being allowed to play in Providence, IMO.