SiouxSports.com Forum

NORTH DAKOTA vs. ST. CLOUD STATE - Fri @ 4:08

The Exiled One

Lol. I am row 1 (c per our ticket ). I saw the same team that tried to play the same game over and over and over again only to be beat by a simple trap. Trap us and you will win. I have said that for 20 years. It is still holding true.

If that was true then North Dakota should have never beaten Wisconsin.

• Upvote 1

I'm not a board moderator so I guess what you say it was, it was. I'd like to meet you sometime Brian. You know where I live.

Not saying SCSU didn't trap, just that you've said it a bunch. :)

I'm at the Frozen Faceoff every year, be happy to meet up for some beverages. ;)

We got beat because we didn't get enough pucks to the net despite plenty of zone time, a bad minute or so at the end of the 1st period, and not being able to capitalize on some very good chances like Johnson walking in alone and Poolman not being able to finish when Lindgren got caught out of the net.

Exactly. Tighten up immediately after that first goal, bury one of two orher prime chances, it's a different game.

Clear Penrose Cup Hangover today.  We were slow, sluggish, disorganized.....in other words, playing like a team that had little to gain this weekend.  St. Cloud played like their season was at stake (which it was).  I think I will have to support them tomorrow night as it would be cool to have six NCHC teams in the NCAA tournament next weekend.

And tomorrow's 3rd place game is not meaningless for us.  We need to have a strong performance and a win to get some positive vibes going for next weekend.  Next weekend it's win or go home until next season and a good performance tomorrow will help us survive what will be a tough regional in Fargo.

Somewhere in Tioga, gfhockey's two-door cavalier is parked on the street in front of the one-bedroom apartment he shares with a truck driver from Glendive, while he's inside eating a Romo pizza and feeling his oats about a hockey game Blais would have won.

if that is the case, then shame on und's staff for not being able to make the proper in game adjustments.

What?  Didn't you know that it's simply not acceptable to criticize Hakstol for anything on this forum?  Isn't that in the official rules someplace? :silly:  :p

Today was pretty much a train wreck all around.  We need to come out and take charge on Saturday and build some momentum for next weekend, when the season will be on the line for all 16 teams.

• Upvote 2

Strange thing is that this is the first time I've seen a trapping defense this year. A real innovative move by SCSU, something we have never thought to try. You just never know what you will see at these tournaments.

Cc tried to trap....Wisconsin too I believe. It wasn't the trapping. Boys just didn't show up. That can happen from time to time. The huskys didn't even play good.

"Luck" would even out over time.  UND has been absolutely CURSED for the last 15 years.   It's becoming a statistical anomaly that they keep getting to the NCAA's but fail to win it all. 

I still have hope for this year.  But, with the loss of Mac, and the epic fail today, I just don't know.