SiouxSports.com Forum

2015-16 Looking Ahead

niouxsiouxfan

Nope, what was it?

1963. Of course, that was the season before Huff, et al. arrived. UND finished 8-23 that season, and was 1-10 at the time that game was played. A loss to Mayville St. a few weeks earlier didn't exactly help attendance, either.

I believe the fgcu deal is a tourney thanksgiving week.

I have attended this tourney before....well kind of. It was a 4 team tourney at Alico Arena then which is FGCU's home court. Now it is at Germain Arena which is where the ECHL's Everblades play and UND was supposedly slated to play hockey in their College Classic until the NCHC was formed and changed things. FGCU was my brother's adopted team when he lived there.

Might have to spend Thanksgiving in Fla.!

Here is the most recent UND BB Newsletter.  Interesting update on the incoming HS recruits, the trip to Europe, etc. 

I would recommend, if you can, assisting the program with a $100 contribution for their summer workouts.

top.jpglink1.jpg link2.jpg link3.jpg link4.jpg link5.jpg

Uersity of North Dakota
801 Oxford St. Stop 9046
Bm 205
Grand Forks, ND 58202-9046
(701) 777-3478

spacer.gif   spacer.gifspacer.gif

Hi David,

Attached is our spring newsletter and some pictures from the alumni event.  We have a big Summer coming up and can’t wait to get started with workouts next week.  Let us know if you are in the Grand Forks area.  We would love to have you stop by our office to visit.  Have a great summer.   

Thanks for all you do,

Coach Brian Jones

bottom.jpg

To download attachments, click on this link :
Click here
Click here
Click here
Click here
Click here

Subject : Newsletter and Alumni Pictures

Different UNI program I would argue as they were a Top Ten team last year and might be ranked when they come next year. That's a pretty big deal. UND could also do something special that night and honor some of UND's teams from the early 1990s with Jake on it.

In terms of actually winning the game, I think UND's best chance to knockoff UNI would be in the Betty. With that said, I am a supporter of moving a few games in the REA every season. It's just such an impressive building that it would help in recruiting. To ignore the recruiting and atmosphere it provides is foolish. Even at only 5,000 or 6,000, the REA would accommodate twice as many as UND could in the Betty. The thing is, though, that the UND MBB team needs time to practice in the REA, or else the game is just as foreign to UND as it is to the away team, like UNI or NDSU.

After visiting other threads that are receiving heavy traffic, something glaring arises.

If Faison can find more money to payHak (presuming there was a biddng war, which seems likely), when is he going to explain himself?

(How can the money be used elsewhere, and when is he going to give other programs the attention they need?  I just want him to do more than promote hockey)

Then when is some of that extra money going to get diverted to help other programs?  Not just MBB!

After visiting other threads that are receiving heavy traffic, something glaring arises.

If Faison can find more money to payHak (presuming there was a biddng war, which seems likely), when is he going to explain himself?

(How can the money be used elsewhere, and when is he going to give other programs the attention they need?  I just want him to do more than promote hockey)

Then when is some of that extra money going to get diverted to help other programs?  Not just MBB!

One person reported that he had heard that.  Doesn't make it true.

Additionally, I suspect Faison has some hockey specific donors on speed dial who told him to call them as soon he hears Hak has an offer for somewhere else and they'll match it.  Doesn't mean Faison has a pool of money sitting around that he refuses to use for other sports.

• Upvote 1

I believe UND Athletics runs a deficit...not large when put into perspective of today's world, but I would be very surprised that they have a large surplus of money lying around-going unspent.   Simply put, basketball just needs to win.  First and foremost on the court, but also in the classroom and in the community with the character of the players that they have on the roster.  Win, and the possibilities will be endless,for the team and the fan base. I truly believe that. 

I think someone speculated that and created it out of whole cloth. Faison might have offered a little more money but there is no way he was in a bidding war with the Flyers.

• 3 weeks later...

Definitely a 3-guard lineup.

As stated; Hooker, Crandall, Seales, Bernstine, Shanks

I could see McDermott and Collins getting playing time as well. They both bring skillsets needed on this team.  But, I wouldn't be surprised if one of them or even both redshirt.  I'll have better grasp of that after FanFest, if not sooner.

• 2 weeks later...

If UND want to make a run to the top of the Sky, these three things needs to happen

1) Development of Shanks and Cashman into more consistent post players.

2) Newcomers need to make an immediate impact

3) Hooker takes next step in his development and becomes a Big Sky POY candidate.

Anybody hear how summer is going for these guys? 

If UND want to make a run to the top of the Sky, these three things needs to happen

1) Development of Shanks and Cashman into more consistent post players.

2) Newcomers need to make an immediate impact

3) Hooker takes next step in his development and becomes a Big Sky POY candidate.

Anybody hear how summer is going for these guys? 

Hooker seems to be enjoying playing sand volleyball!  :)   Haven't asked him any basketball related questions though...

UND MBB head coach Brian Jones in search of asst coach to replace Jason Shay, who left for East Tennessee State.

Tom Miller added,

HoopDirt.com @HoopDirt
Assistant Coach – University of North Dakota – Full-time http://hoopdirt.com/job/assistant-coach-university-of-north-dakota-full-time/ 

Horner will be promoted to assistant coach and they will then look for a DOBO and video coordinator next

• 2 weeks later...