SiouxSports.com Forum

2015-16 Looking Ahead

niouxsiouxfan

tough loss for team  if true.  If Hooker and Geno start there will be no point guard on bench.  If Hooker or Geno get sick or injured only one PG left.  Terrel played solid defense started last season, was 4th in minutes played, good student and was very likely to be first guard off the bench this year...tough loss at a key position and probably too late to replace.....odd timing plus He had a sweet paid for Vacation to Italy lined up next month....he could have took that in before leaving...  Since none of the recruits on are this roster yet and no announcement so who knows if he is gone

• Upvote 1

I think UND will be ok with only 2 pg. For a few years Webb and Anderson were the only pg and they both started. You just have to stagger their substitutionsa little. Once UND gets into half court it really doesn't matter with their offense. Seales might be able to give some minutes there too. Also while I agree TDR brought great energy to the game on the defensive end I think he was far to over aggressive on defense. The energy and hustle were great but the dumb fouls kind of negated that IMO. Also agree it's to late to replace. Give it to a walk on this year and save it for a 4 year guy next year.

• Upvote 2

I think UND will be ok with only 2 pg. For a few years Webb and Anderson were the only pg and they both started. You just have to stagger their substitutionsa little. Once UND gets into half court it really doesn't matter with their offense. Seales might be able to give some minutes there too. Also while I agree TDR brought great energy to the game on the defensive end I think he was far to over aggressive on defense. The energy and hustle were great but the dumb fouls kind of negated that IMO. Also agree it's to late to replace. Give it to a walk on this year and save it for a 4 year guy next year.

I agree with this statement above, give scholarship to hobaugh. I think this increases Collins and McDs odds of playing day 1 as well.

• 2 weeks later...

– North Dakota men's basketball head coach Brian Jones and his 2015-16 squad will benefit from some extra seasoning before they embark on a regular season schedule that features 13 homes games and nine opponents that tasted postseason play a season ago. That added experience for a team featuring eight returners and eight new players will come from 10 extra practices and a four game foreign tour during August that includes stops in Italy ... Ok the 8 returning players are Shanks, Geno, Hooker, Richman,Benton, Blake, Hobaugh, and Cashman....The 8 new guys Seales , Mcdermott, Baldwin, Bernstine, Baker, Avants. Collins...and????

– North Dakota men's basketball head coach Brian Jones and his 2015-16 squad will benefit from some extra seasoning before they embark on a regular season schedule that features 13 homes games and nine opponents that tasted postseason play a season ago. That added experience for a team featuring eight returners and eight new players will come from 10 extra practices and a four game foreign tour during August that includes stops in Italy ... Ok the 8 returning players are Shanks, Geno, Hooker, Richman,Benton, Blake, Hobaugh, and Cashman....The 8 new guys Seales , Mcdermott, Baldwin, Bernstine, Baker, Avants. Collins...and????

Jarvis! One can wish right?

The roster only lists 7 new guys. http://www.undsports.com/SportSelect.dbml?&DB_OEM_ID=13500&SPID=6388&SPSID=58566

3 things that have to be addressed, in order to be better this year.

1.  Defense- (that also means getting the rebound to end the possession)

2.  Late Game Offense-  believe it or not, the offense worked for a good portion of games that we were in last year. It crumbled inside the final 3 minutes and that helped turn a few W's into L's.

3.  Big Men- Catch the Ball-  Hooker will find you, even when you don't think your open- he will see that you are, and put it in your hands.  It should be a summer of working on hand eye coordination.  Catch the ball and you may end up with quite a few easy ones throughout the year. 

3 things that have to be addressed, in order to be better this year.

1.  Defense- (that also means getting the rebound to end the possession)

2.  Late Game Offense-  believe it or not, the offense worked for a good portion of games that we were in last year. It crumbled inside the final 3 minutes and that helped turn a few W's into L's.

3.  Big Men- Catch the Ball-  Hooker will find you, even when you don't think your open- he will see that you are, and put it in your hands.  It should be a summer of working on hand eye coordination.  Catch the ball and you may end up with quite a few easy ones throughout the year. 

I agree on all 3, especially the last point.  The development of our bigs will be the biggest factor to our success this season.

I agree on all 3, especially the last point.  The development of our bigs will be the biggest factor to our success this season.

As long as Jones doesn't force the issue of the bigs "needing" the ball.  The guard play will be phenomenal this year.  The game has been guard oriented for sometime, should be nice to watch these guys play together.  They will get the bigs the ball when necessary I believe, but I don't want to see it forced.  Keep the lane open for the little guys going to the hoop. Can't wait for the season to start.

• 2 weeks later...
  1. The wait is over cant wait to watch my bro @genocrandall take off this year! So much potential & dedicated to his craft.

1 retweet13 favorites
    Retweet

Favorite

More

2. @Blessed2Coach @genocrandall I'll double that.Was so good for De his senior year and received rave reviews for his first year of work at UND

0 retweets2 favorites
    Retweet

Favorite

More

3. @RyanJamesMN @genocrandall Great year for him to humble self refocus & reflect! Such a special young man & talent! Promise is on the way!.....

0 retweets0 favorites
    Retweet

Favorite

More

4.  Al Harris retweeted

@Blessed2Coach @RyanJamesMN appreciate it guys, big things on the way. Won't disappoint.

5 hours ago
1 retweet13 favorites
Retweet

Favorite

More