SiouxSports.com Forum

Twins ?

Fetch

19 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

Interesting for the Twins today.  Do you use Maeda in game two or save him for Sunday and go bullpen in game 2 today?

Given that they called up Thorpe again, I'm guessing they end up with a bullpen game.

I can't wait for Pineda to be back pitching and Odo to be healthy so these bullpen games can stop. 

Swept by the Tigers. 5-8 I think combined against Detroit and Kansas City. 5 losses in a row. This team looks really bad right now. I know they are dealing with injuries but a lot of other teams are too. The offense has been horrific lately with just 13 hits total in 3 games in Detroit. 2 of those games came against rookie pitchers who came in with a 7+ ERA and a 11+ ERA. With the offense struggling the way it is why do we continue to see guys like Cave, Adrianza, Vargas, and Wade out there instead of giving guys like Kirilloff or Rooker the at bats. Still have 13 games left with the White Sox, Indians, and Cubs too. Guess I should include 7 games left with Detroit since we can't beat them too.

What a go through the motions last week for the Twins.  The one game they won in Cleveland they probably didn't deserve to win either.

The approach at the plate in Detroit was terrible.  Great example is Marwin jumping on the first pitch in the 9th inning off the new guy in for Detroit.  Take a few pitches and give everyone a peak.  The best at bat came from a rookie that last inning that took pitches and worked ahead.

They aren't trading for anyone so they'd better hope big Mike and Donaldson can contribute if they join the squad.  

56 minutes ago, SWSiouxMN said:

Speaking of.

Detroit is going to be good in 2 years.  They have some studs 

Central is going to be a war in the future.

The White Sox have great young talent.....the Tigers have great young talent, the Indians are trading for great young talent and have tons of pitching in the stable.  

And KC just beats the Twins because they have guys like Soler, Dozier, and Perez who kill the Twins.

At some point it'd be nice to see a starting pitching product within the organization be able to come up and contribute.  I'm ready to cut the cord with Berrios.

1 minute ago, Wilbur said:

Rocco with zero clue with the club right now.  Its getting into Gardenhire territory with the misuse of the bullpen.

Doesn't help when your well paid right fielder pulls little league crap. 

Kep should have been pulled after that.

doesnt help when Hill can’t even go 5.

im done with the hill experiment, once Odo is back, send him to the pen. 

4 minutes ago, SWSiouxMN said:

Kep should have been pulled after that.

doesnt help when Hill can’t even go 5.

im done with the hill experiment, once Odo is back, send him to the pen. 

What gets me is Mr. Play the numbers Baldelli.....guy plays most of the game with his 2nd baseman on the left field side of 2nd base yet when the game is on the line you bring in the lefty to face a slew of tough righties.....

The Kepler crap can't happen.....can't.