SiouxSports.com Forum

Twins ?

Fetch

20 hours ago, SWSiouxMN said:

Alcala?

Its time to give him reps in high level spots to see what he got. 

I think they need to trade Kepler for pitching.  They have a slew of outfielders.  Get something for him before its too late. 

On 5/15/2021 at 2:41 PM, SWSiouxMN said:

Started the year 5-2

Since then, they have gone 7-22

I've never been a Rocco fan.  In the past the team hit through his management mistakes and it didn't matter in the long run because they scored so much.

I don't see them digging out of this huge hole.  Unfortunate because of the talent they have offensively. 

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 6/9/2021 at 8:13 PM, SWSiouxMN said:

We all know the fire sale is coming, question is who goes?

The Bomba Squad ERA is over.  Time to jump on the next trend. 

Kepler, Donaldson, Cruz, Rooker, Simmons, Colome.  

Miranda is ready to play 3rd.  Gordon can fill in until Royce is ready at short. Kiriloff can be your every day first baseman.  Get something for Kepler before its too late (Sano).  For God sakes....get some starting pitching.

Future lineup. 

1.  Arraez-LF

2. Polonco-2B

3. Buxton-CF

4. Sano-DH

5. Miranda-3B

6. Larnach-RF

7. Kiriloff-1B

8. Gordon-SS

9. Jeffers/Garver-C 

4 hours ago, Wilbur said:

Kepler, Donaldson, Cruz, Rooker, Simmons, Colome.  

Miranda is ready to play 3rd.  Gordon can fill in until Royce is ready at short. Kiriloff can be your every day first baseman.  Get something for Kepler before its too late (Sano).  For God sakes....get some starting pitching.

Future lineup. 

1.  Arraez-LF

2. Polonco-2B

3. Buxton-CF

4. Sano-DH

5. Miranda-3B

6. Larnach-RF

7. Kiriloff-1B

8. Gordon-SS

9. Jeffers/Garver-C 

That's actually not a bad lineup. Gordon can be a super utility guy when Lewis is ready.  Pitching is the key though.  Need at least one young potential frontline starter prospect and can gamble on other pitching.  Just not sure any of the available trade guys gets you that.  Maybe Cruz can land a nice piece or Donaldson if Twins eat some of the money.  Would definitely be selling low on Kepler now, and his contract is very reasonable, would be hesitant to move him at the deadline, maybe in the offseason.

• Upvote 1

Woof....Sano.  9.2 million next year, and 14 million the next season.  They wouldn't be able to trade a bucket of BP balls for him at this point.....

Maybe find a dump trade team for him and see if Cruz wants another season but at 10 or less a year.  

• 3 weeks later...

Would have loved to get an extension done with Berrios but Twins didn't seem willing to meet the price early and then started to seem like Berrios wanted to hit the market as we went on. This is a pretty good get from the Blue Jays. I really thought he would end up with San Diego and that is where I wanted him to go, Toronto would have probably been second on my list though with Boston and Tampa Bay close behind.

Twins need to go ahead now and continue the process. How many more trades do we see from the Twins today? At least 2 minimum and could easily see over 5?

Pineda? Simmons? Buxton? Maeda? Rogers? Kepler? Donaldson? Robles?

43 minutes ago, SiouxScore said:

Would have loved to get an extension done with Berrios but Twins didn't seem willing to meet the price early and then started to seem like Berrios wanted to hit the market as we went on. This is a pretty good get from the Blue Jays. I really thought he would end up with San Diego and that is where I wanted him to go, Toronto would have probably been second on my list though with Boston and Tampa Bay close behind.

Twins need to go ahead now and continue the process. How many more trades do we see from the Twins today? At least 2 minimum and could easily see over 5?

Pineda? Simmons? Buxton? Maeda? Rogers? Kepler? Donaldson? Robles?

I'm only confident that Pineda goes.  

Robles they can sell for a bag of balls at this point.