SiouxSports.com Forum

Twins ?

Fetch

Just now, SiouxFan100 said:

Minnesota pro teams doing what Minnesota pro teams do

I just did not appreciate that championship enough in 1991.  Watched every pitch of the series with my dad, and wondered why it was such a big deal for him.  30 years next year. 

11 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

I just did not appreciate that championship enough in 1991.  Watched every pitch of the series with my dad, and wondered why it was such a big deal for him.  30 years next year. 

I watched every pitch in 91 and 87

it was a fun time -very electric 

it would have been fun to have a favorite team to follow for a few more weeks

4 minutes ago, Walsh Hall said:

I'll be curious to see how the baseball folks evaluate the play with the short season.  I was expecting big years from Kepler and Garver and they were simply awful.  Polanco and Rosie were okay, certainly not great.  Sano is Sano.   Should be an interesting off-season.

I'll give you one of my predictions:  Rooker or Kirillof is your starting LF next year

4 minutes ago, SWSiouxMN said:

I'll give you one of my predictions:  Rooker or Kirillof is your starting LF next year

I agree.  Looks like Buxton, Berrios, Rosie, and Rogers are near the end of their arbitration years.  Will need to make a decision on them.   I'd like them to lock up Buxton and Berrios and pray Buxton stays healthy.

I enjoy the excitement Rosie brings, but with some highly touted prospects I assume that Rosie is gone.

Cruz is a FA.  I wonder if he'd want to stick around for another year.

7 hours ago, Wilbur said:

The Minnesota Sports fan in me has an awful....AWFUL feeling about today's game.  I see nervous at bats, not moving runners, a wild Berrios, and more sloppy play in the field in big spots.

I'm not over yesterday.  A lefty who only threw flipping curve balls no hit them for 4 plus innings.....???

At least Berrios was good and they didn't kick the ball around.

Goodbye: Hill, Odorizzi, Romo, Avila, Bailey, Marwin, Homer.  

Decisions ahead on guys like May and Clippard and Rosario, and Cruz. 

7 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

At least Berrios was good and they didn't kick the ball around.

Goodbye: Hill, Odorizzi, Romo, Avila, Bailey, Marwin, Homer.  

Decisions ahead on guys like May and Clippard and Rosario, and Cruz. 

Find a way to keep May and Clippard.  Trade Rosario and let Cruz walk. 

4 minutes ago, SWSiouxMN said:

Find a way to keep May and Clippard.  Trade Rosario and let Cruz walk. 

I agree.  Cruz isn't getting any younger.  They seriously blew it not trading Rosario before this season to the Marlins.  They were willing to give us two good young arms and now we have zero trade leverage.  

I shop the market with Kepler too.  Admit signing him long term was a mistake, and let the young kids come up and act like they care instead of him. 

Pitching wise they have questions.  Maeda, Berrios, Pineda, and then maybe Alcala and Dobnak are your rotation.  Gotta find a free agent pitcher, but they never go get big name pitchers.