SiouxSports.com Forum

Twins ?

Fetch

33 minutes ago, SiouxScore said:

I was hoping to see the Twins really focus on adding at least 2-3 impact arms and May was one of those guys so this isn't a good start especially with a couple other guys I had in mind opting to take qualifying offers. Hope he gets a chance to close for the Mets. 

2 at 15 was a little steep.  I'm a big May fan myself but not at that price. 

Is Brad Hand still sitting around?  Go get him!

23 hours ago, SWSiouxMN said:

2 at 15 was a little steep.  I'm a big May fan myself but not at that price. 

Is Brad Hand still sitting around?  Go get him!

Might be a little high but I'd be willing to go there if I'm the Twins of course it isn't my money either. I also would've moved May into more of the closer role as well though.

• 1 month later...

Goodbye Eddie Rosario.  Cleveland should work out okay for him.

I get that we are updating our team defensively with Simmons at short, but moving Polanco to 2nd means they don't have a position for Arraez other than utility.  And they need his bat in the lineup. 

22 hours ago, Wilbur said:

I get that we are updating our team defensively with Simmons at short, but moving Polanco to 2nd means they don't have a position for Arraez other than utility.  And they need his bat in the lineup. 

They really didn't have a reliable infield utility man. Now they do. That said, I hope he takes some fly balls also. 

Twins resign Cruz.  I like the move.  Guy is a great leader, and an even better humanitarian.

1. Buxton-CF
2. Donaldson-3B
3. Cruz-DH
4. Kepler-RF
5. Polanco-2B
6. Kirilloff-LF
7. Sano-1B
8. Garver-C
9. Simmons-SS

You could have Arraez play left field too to get his bat in the lineup.  If he's in the lineup he leads off and you move Buxton down to 9th.  The lineup looks pretty good from a distance. 

Rotation:
1. Maeda
2. Happ
3. Big Mike
4. Berrios
5. Probably bring in another starter.  Or Dobnak, and they keep Thorpe or Smelzer in the pen as another lefty.  

Bully:
1. Rodgers
2. Duffey
3. Dobnak
4. Robles
5. Stashak
6. Thielbar
7. Alcala

• Upvote 1

Now the Twins add Colome.  That makes the bully.....or possible bully.....

1. Rdgers (L)
2. Duffey (R)
3. Dobnak (R)
4. Robles (R)
5. Stashak (R)
6. Colome (R)
7. Thielbar (L)

Taxi Squad:  Smeltzer, Thorpe, Alcala.  Will be great competition for bullpen spots.  

• Upvote 1

On 1/31/2021 at 10:13 AM, Wilbur said:

My favorite player gone. Yeah he has some boneheaded plays but he just loves to play the game. Don’t like seeing him going to a divisional team especially the Indians. 

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Crazy game one loss for the Twins.  Touted defense.....should of had 4 errors.  Touted offense.....strikes out 17 times.  At least they play 162.  Ohh and Donaldson is hurt everyone......surprise.......Arraez now the every day 3B and Cave moves to LF I'm guessing.  

The Twins letting guys go up there and swing away against Hader was a joke.  I mean, lefties aren't going to make contact against the guy, so why not at least try a bunt with Arraez?  I know he's one of our best hitters, but Hader is just too good against left handed hitting.    

11 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

Crazy game one loss for the Twins.  Touted defense.....should of had 4 errors.  Touted offense.....strikes out 17 times.  At least they play 162.  Ohh and Donaldson is hurt everyone......surprise.......Arraez now the every day 3B and Cave moves to LF I'm guessing.  

The Twins letting guys go up there and swing away against Hader was a joke.  I mean, lefties aren't going to make contact against the guy, so why not at least try a bunt with Arraez?  I know he's one of our best hitters, but Hader is just too good against left handed hitting.    

No way they should have lost that one.  Kepler needed to catch that last out.  

35 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

Seriously Rocco.....move runners.....sigh.....0-3 in extra innings.....

Pineda was good.  Nice to see him pitching well. 

Hate the extra inning rule but Rocco is terrible with it. Why does he always seem to pinch hit Astudillo? He should be playing the first 9 innings if you think he is the guy you want up to try to score a man from 2nd with the game on the line. Just no rhyme or reason with a lot of Rocco decisions. 

• Upvote 1

Been a Twins fan for 35+ years.  Its a long long season, and each season has its ebbs and flows, but this is what I see as problems going forward.

1.  This team is soft.  Like super soft.  I get the days of Ripken are over, but some of these every day guys are already on pace to play less then 120 games.  Guess I got to used to watching Kirby and Herbie play every day.  

2.  The bullpen.  I have a friend thats a huge White Sox fan, and he laughed when the Twins got Colome.  "Ohh, you'll see".  Maybe move him away from the closing?  I won't discuss Rocco's bullpen management, because thats a book.  

3.  Moving runners.....we rarely steal, we don't bunt, we don't hit and run.  And times when the offense isn't going waiting around for a home run isn't going to work.  You have to create offense.  Like in hockey late in the game.....if you are behind, you pull your goalie to create a numerical advantage to try and create offense.

4.  The over shifting.  I'm old school.  I get why people love it, but I can't stand it.  I have no issue when a guy rips a base hit to left field.  I do have an issue when we don't have a guy playing 2nd base and an easy out or outs are missed with runners on base because of statistics in a round ball round bat game.  Every time it happens its deflating as hell to the team and like yesterday it costs them a huge inning.  I should get over this, but we get killed by this too much.    

End rant, long season, shut up and watch the games Wilbur......But can we please not pinch hit Sano any more? 

9 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

Been a Twins fan for 35+ years.  Its a long long season, and each season has its ebbs and flows, but this is what I see as problems going forward.

1.  This team is soft.  Like super soft.  I get the days of Ripken are over, but some of these every day guys are already on pace to play less then 120 games.  Guess I got to used to watching Kirby and Herbie play every day.  

2.  The bullpen.  I have a friend thats a huge White Sox fan, and he laughed when the Twins got Colome.  "Ohh, you'll see".  Maybe move him away from the closing?  I won't discuss Rocco's bullpen management, because thats a book.  

3.  Moving runners.....we rarely steal, we don't bunt, we don't hit and run.  And times when the offense isn't going waiting around for a home run isn't going to work.  You have to create offense.  Like in hockey late in the game.....if you are behind, you pull your goalie to create a numerical advantage to try and create offense.

4.  The over shifting.  I'm old school.  I get why people love it, but I can't stand it.  I have no issue when a guy rips a base hit to left field.  I do have an issue when we don't have a guy playing 2nd base and an easy out or outs are missed with runners on base because of statistics in a round ball round bat game.  Every time it happens its deflating as hell to the team and like yesterday it costs them a huge inning.  I should get over this, but we get killed by this too much.    

End rant, long season, shut up and watch the games Wilbur......But can we please not pinch hit Sano any more? 

In my opinion all of those fall on Rocco.

2 minutes ago, The Sicatoka said:

Earl Weaver looks down from above and smirks. 

I would have shot Tom Kelly if he hadn't bunted in the 91 series in game 7 with Chuck Knoblauch.  I have a feeling in the same situation today, Rocco doesn't bunt......