SiouxSports.com Forum

Twins ?

Fetch

1 hour ago, sioux rube said:

Twins blew a 3-0 lead late but manage to win 4-3 in the bottom of the ninth 

I didn't get to watch today but looking at the stats I'm wondering why Rocco didn't let Pineda try to go another inning. Think he was at 88 pitches and seemed in complete control.

• Upvote 2

So....watched the highlights, and didn't see the hit for the Sox that tied the game until now.....

Why are they not playing no doubles defense with Verdugo there in the 8th?  3-2 count, runners moving, tying run on first?  If Arraez is playing the line he catches Verdugo's hit, or at least knocks it down to keep the Twins ahead.

Just don't get it. 

No runs scored in 14 innings.  Overshifting cost them the only run in game 2.....but at least it looks like everyone is having fun.  

I used to be a big time Astudillo fan, but now he makes me miss Adrianza.....

I wondered out loud if Rocco would get fired for a crappy season, but then remembered Gardy was allowed to have four 90+ loss seasons (with a new stadium) before he was tossed.  

4 hours ago, Wilbur said:

No runs scored in 14 innings.  Overshifting cost them the only run in game 2.....but at least it looks like everyone is having fun.  

I used to be a big time Astudillo fan, but now he makes me miss Adrianza.....

I wondered out loud if Rocco would get fired for a crappy season, but then remembered Gardy was allowed to have four 90+ loss seasons (with a new stadium) before he was tossed.  

Astudillo looks like he lost some weight...:whistling: 

35 minutes ago, Walsh Hall said:

I’m not a Rocco fan at all, but I’m confident you could have made those 2 plays, much less an MLB player.  Could not have been more routine.

True.  I can't imagine moving the guy you've had play 2nd the entire day to 3rd.  Arraez has been great, I don't blame him for the poor throw.

They've got to move Colome.  Either to earlier in the game or trade him.  Can't believe Rocco stuck with him. 

Okay (brushes the dirt off of miserable road trip)......

Hearing that NIck Gordon and Kiriloff are coming up to the big club.  Love the moves.  May be the time to trade Cave.  Left handed hitting guy who can play all the outfield positions should draw some attention.  Not sure why they didn't trade him before when teams asked.  I also think its a great time to shop Kepler a bit.  Doesn't do anything for the club other than strike out and play shoddy defense in right.  I think they should try and get a suitor before its too late and he isn't hitting his weight and is on a big contract.

As the post above said, end the Colome experiment at closer.  I can't handle closers that work that slow and are terrible at throwing strikes or hitting batters.      

4 hours ago, Wilbur said:

Okay (brushes the dirt off of miserable road trip)......

Hearing that NIck Gordon and Kiriloff are coming up to the big club.  Love the moves.  May be the time to trade Cave.  Left handed hitting guy who can play all the outfield positions should draw some attention.  Not sure why they didn't trade him before when teams asked.  I also think its a great time to shop Kepler a bit.  Doesn't do anything for the club other than strike out and play shoddy defense in right.  I think they should try and get a suitor before its too late and he isn't hitting his weight and is on a big contract.

As the post above said, end the Colome experiment at closer.  I can't handle closers that work that slow and are terrible at throwing strikes or hitting batters.      

Actually I thought he was pretty good at hitting batters.;)

17 minutes ago, SWSiouxMN said:

Twins are broken.

I hear ya.  Embarrassing to watch your manager go out there forgetting there was already a mound visit......

This team has too much talent to suck this much.  Time for a shakeup move.