SiouxSports.com Forum

Twins ?

Fetch

The Twins blew it not trading Kepler.  Although its at the point where they aren't going to get anything for a .210 hitting poor fielding outfielder who gets hurt more than average.  

2022 Twins lineup:

1. Arraez-2B.  Just put Polanco at short until Royce is ready.

2. Polanco-SS.  Don't let the door hit you Simmons.  Royce a year away?

3. Donaldson-3B.  Guess nobody wants to take that contract.

4. Buxton-CF.  Didn't pay Berrios.  Trade while the getting is good?

5. Garver-C.  The other two just aren't every day catchers.  

6. Kepler-RF.  Sigh.....

7. Sano-DH.....what could have been.

8. Kiriloff-1B.  Take lots of grounder when you get healthy.

9. Larnach-LF.  Martin seems at least a year or two away.  Larnach plays every day hopefully.

We are now in rebuild mode.  

35 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

The Twins blew it not trading Kepler.  Although its at the point where they aren't going to get anything for a .210 hitting poor fielding outfielder who gets hurt more than average.  

2022 Twins lineup:

6. Kepler-RF.  Sigh.....

9. Larnach-LF.  Martin seems at least a year or two away.  Larnach plays every day hopefully.

I think a few offseason moves get made.  I'm going to take it as a step back in '22 before charging in '23.  

Now, lets hope there IS baseball in 2022

37 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

2022 Twins lineup:

6. Kepler-RF.  Sigh.....

Didn't Royce tear his acl? I think missing a whole year will push his MLB arrival back.

20 hours ago, UNDMOORHEAD said:

Didn't Royce tear his acl? I think missing a whole year will push his MLB arrival back.

Yup, probably at least a year away.  

I can't handle another year of Simmons.  Let Polanco play short until Royce gets his feet back under him.

Minnesota Twins Update: Thank You Twins Fans

Dear Al,

I’d like to take this opportunity to provide you, as a valued fan of the Minnesota Twins, with an update on the state of the franchise, while also sharing gratitude for your longstanding support of the ballclub. THANK YOU for your dedication to Twins Baseball. 

As we approach the final stages of the 2021 season, it’s important to recognize how great it’s been to have our fans back at Target Field. Considering everything our community has endured these past 18 months, Twins baseball has played an important role in bringing people back together. We love seeing you – and hearing you – at the ballpark.  

Coming off back-to-back AL Central titles, and postseason appearances in three of the past four years, there were high expectations for the 2021 Twins – both internally and externally. Know that everyone across the Twins organization is disappointed and frustrated with the way this season has played out. While challenging, the adversity we’ve collectively faced provides an opportunity for assessment, development and – ultimately – growth. Going forward, our sole focus is on a return to playing winning baseball. 

Looking to 2022 and beyond, we are confident in the leadership of Derek Falvey and Thad Levine while remaining excited about the established and growing Major League talent across our roster. Manager Rocco Baldelli will write out next year’s lineup from a core group that helped us win consecutive division championships and still features many of the game’s best at their respective positions, along with key contributors and promising rookies. We know there is much work to be done but believe in our front office and coaching staff’s ability to reshape our team on both sides of the ball.  From pitching and defense, to offensive production, we’ll work tirelessly to assess and improve all areas of our club to return to competing for championships. 

Our excitement for the future is further bolstered by one of baseball’s deepest player development systems – one that industry experts universally agree got better in the last two weeks. While it is undoubtedly difficult to trade valuable members of our most recent Twins teams, the addition of top-level prospects – including multiple who are ranked among the top 100 in the game – is paramount to our effort to build a perennial contender. These new acquisitions join other highly-regarded talent in forming a growing pipeline of young players – especially on the mound – who will soon be ready to impact our Major League team.

Going forward with a continued commitment from the Pohlad family to deliver championship-caliber baseball for our fans, we will be working harder than ever to once again build a team you can be proud of.  We sincerely appreciate your support of the Twins and look forward to seeing you at the ballpark – enjoying the Target Field experience – again soon. 

Win Twins!!!

Dave St. Peter
President & CEO

The following is a copy of the e-mail that I received from the Twins today for being a season ticket holder with the response more or less to the end of the season "changes" and the look of the future. It must be gospel as it was from a UND Alum!
  • Upvote 1

The Twins going with this Burrows guy in a nationally televised game is flipping embarrassing.  Its gonna be 15-0 before he's out of the game.  

Seven runs, and he's gotten 4 outs.  One more out recorded than homers given up.

Give him his first big league start in this situation.....great. 

1 hour ago, Wilbur said:

The Twins going with this Burrows guy in a nationally televised game is flipping embarrassing.  Its gonna be 15-0 before he's out of the game.  

Seven runs, and he's gotten 4 outs.  One more out recorded than homers given up.

Give him his first big league start in this situation.....great. 

Guess using him as the opener didn't go very well. (Although whenever the Twins have used an opener, it hasn't gone over very well soooo)

I get we suck, but what team leads off with a guy hitting .209, and then follows him with a guy hitting .168?? 

I know the guy making the lineup card is incompetent, but isn't there anyone in the organization that looks at his lineup and says, "hey Rock, ummm....you know that Arraez has the best OBP on the team and is more of a slap it to all fields than a big time slugging percentage guy?  Wouldn't we want him to get more at bats in the one or two hole?"  

End rant....

• Upvote 2

6 hours ago, Wilbur said:

I get we suck, but what team leads off with a guy hitting .209, and then follows him with a guy hitting .168?? 

I know the guy making the lineup card is incompetent, but isn't there anyone in the organization that looks at his lineup and says, "hey Rock, ummm....you know that Arraez has the best OBP on the team and is more of a slap it to all fields than a big time slugging percentage guy?  Wouldn't we want him to get more at bats in the one or two hole?"  

End rant....

I've wondered the same thing. He also has the ability to have long at bats by fouling off pitches with two strikes.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Ice Arena Man said:

The worst thing about this game I was in attendance and had to suffer watching this game. This Burrows doesn't belong in the major leagues as a pitcher! :0

You're telling me that a guy that couldn't make it in Detroit can't make it in Minneapolis?

Wait, Detroit is better than we are.:lol:

2 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

Bailey Ober and Griffin Jax??  

So....2022 rotation....

1. Maeda

2. Pineda

3. Ober

4. Jax

5....Not Happ or Shoemaker

I think one or the other but not other.  I lean towards Ober in the rotation and Jax to the pen.  I want to see one of the two arms from the Cruz trade get a shot. 

19 hours ago, SWSiouxMN said:

I think one or the other but not other.  I lean towards Ober in the rotation and Jax to the pen.  I want to see one of the two arms from the Cruz trade get a shot. 

I could see Ryan earning a starting job.  Thinking Strotman may have more of a reliever future with the arm issues he's had.  

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Well this painful Twins season ends today, and it is time to look at what needs to happen for next year.

Right now, there is only 1 thing that needs to happen

The Union and Owners need to agree to a new CBA to prevent a stoppage.

I could go for a long laundry list of things to go... but it is moot if there aren't any games. 

10 hours ago, SWSiouxMN said:

Well this painful Twins season ends today, and it is time to look at what needs to happen for next year.

I could go for a long laundry list of things to go... but it is moot if there aren't any games. 

If there wasn't a season they'd still find a way to lose. 

22 hours ago, SWSiouxMN said:

a season cut in half and a playoffs doubled is probably the best thing that could happen to baseball.

At least then Twins fans woulf be subjected to shorter bouts of deapair, hopelessness, and depression.

• 5 months later...