SiouxSports.com Forum

EARLY Departures 2015

AZSIOUX

If Poolman doesn't play mostly forward last season KT is most likely the odd D-man out most nights.  IMO he has no business entertaining thoughts about going pro at this stage in his hockey career.

As others have called out, he has an NHL ceiling...in the case of Thompson, leaving to turn pro is about getting ice-time to try and develop through the minors.  I am sure he has no delusions of NHL grandeur in the immediate term.

If Poolman doesn't play mostly forward last season KT is most likely the odd D-man out most nights.  IMO he has no business entertaining thoughts about going pro at this stage in his hockey career.

I couldn't disagree more.

As others have called out, he has an NHL ceiling...in the case of Thompson, leaving to turn pro is about getting ice-time to try and develop through the minors.  I am sure he has no delusions of NHL grandeur in the immediate term.

In both his freshman and soph years he improved so much.  He was on the top PP unit….which he will be again this year.  KT is a very good season.  Given his age, I could see him having a very productive season if he stays this year.

My sources say Keaton is leaning towards signing with the Ducks, which I think is stupid. But I guess, all kids dream of the NHL. Just not sure leaving now will ever get him closer to that goal.

Agreed, I do think he'll play at the next level but jumping to the A next year may be a knee jerk reaction.

Oh yeah, I do think he has the talent to play in the NHL but leaving now seems a bit early. But hey, what do I know.

Just hope he sticks around.

He may be reading the proverbial writing on the wall and see that he will be not playing as much with the talent coming in.

He may be reading the proverbial writing on the wall and see that he will be not playing as much with the talent coming in.

That one makes me laugh. Keaton is a very solid player and neither freshman coming in (although are solid incoming recruits) would be better than KT. Also, if you can't cut a college squad you're never going to cut it in the A.

That one makes me laugh. Keaton is a very solid player and neither freshman coming in (although are solid incoming recruits) would be better than KT. Also, if you can't cut a college squad you're never going to cut it in the A.

Exactly. But if he leaves I wish him the best.

I had heard last season (his freshman year) that he came close to leaving because of the minimal playing time he received. Of course, as the year went on he dressed more consistently.

Makes sense, he's a third rounder. You can't just take a full year off. Also, he accelerated his schooling so he was pretty young. He got in though and was solid.

No surprise to see Jordan sign I wish him the best of luck! Maybe the reporter Rutherford didn't really have a clue either way and just kept guessing to try to be the first to report something. I know there has been some speculation about Thompson signing but I can't really see that. Should still set up a pretty strong defenseman group with Ausmus-Stecher, Thompson-LaDue, Wolanin/Shaw-Poolman.