SiouxSports.com Forum

UND @ NDSU Gameyear Thread

geaux_sioux

And you people don't believe it, then cry when reality hits you in the butt (see Rocky Hagar) in the mid 90's.

You people? ????? I know this time is very special. Winning streaks always come to an end. I never said they didn't.

But you keep saying the same ole same ole.

You people? ????? I know this time is very special. Winning streaks always come to an end. I never said they didn't.

But you keep saying the same ole same ole.

Just like you come on here (a UND board) and spew the same crap as always. Don't like it Bisonswille is that way ----->

Just like you come on here (a UND board) and spew the same crap as always. Don't like it Bisonswille is that way ----->

I spew the same crap? Now that's funny. Especially coming from you.

Even if/when NDSU becomes less dominant than they have been on the last 5 years, that doesn't take away what they accomplished during those 5 years. I guess my point is, don't wish for NDSU to get worse, because it won't have the affect you think it will. NDSU fans will forever and always be proud of having the greatest 5 year run in the history of FCS football.

Even if/when NDSU becomes less dominant than they have been on the last 5 years, that doesn't take away what they accomplished during those 5 years. I guess my point is, don't wish for NDSU to get worse, because it won't have the affect you think it will. NDSU fans will forever and always be proud of having the greatest 5 year run in the history of FCS football.

And no one here gives a crap. I will always wish the worst on NDSU just as your Bisonswille buddies will wish the worst of UND, that's how the rivalry goes.

• Downvote 1

And no one here gives a crap. I will always wish the worst on NDSU just as your Bisonswille buddies will wish the worst of UND, that's how the rivalry goes.

No one here cares that the team you recruit against, and will forever and always be compared to, is currently on the best run in the history of FCS football? Keep telling yourself that Darrell. You're just as bad as the NDSU fans you disparage for saying the rivalry is dead. 

No one here cares that the team you recruit against, and will forever and always be compared to, is currently on the best run in the history of FCS football? Keep telling yourself that Darrell. You're just as bad as the NDSU fans you disparage for saying the rivalry is dead.

I don't care about their run, who they recruit, how many yards they get. NDSU can suck it. (I am sure that last sentence speaks from all UND fans)

• Downvote 1

I agree with you wholeheartedly.

If UND planned on just sitting around and waiting for NDSU to falter, UND would not have fired Mussman and replaced him with a competent coach and a staff with DI experience. UND is being proactive in this process, by going out and recruiting top notch kids, and with UND's new HPC coming online, Bubba and his staff feel very comfortable recruiting head-to-head with Midwest schools like NDSU, SDSU, and UNI, and yet winning many of those battles. 

Also, its not about just surpassing NDSU for Bubba and his staff, although that is a part of being at UND; rather, the big picture is to win the conference UND is in: the Big Sky Conference. That conference is up for grabs in a lot of ways; Montana and Eastern Washington aren't nearly as formidable as NDSU and some other MVFC schools, in my opinion. 

• Upvote 1

If you've been paying attention, there hasn't been a lot of enthusiasm for the other sports who have played in recent years. 

Weird that there is no enthusiasm yet it continues to be the highest attended game on either team's schedule.

• Upvote 2

Well said.

UND is so irrelevant right now.  Blah, blah, blah.  SO TIRED of hearing this from Bison fans.  Yes we realize that the program has ad some rough years.  COmpared to the success down the road, it makes it look even worse.  UND is so irrelevant that Bison fans can't stop trolling on this board and obsessing over talking about UND on that other board!! 

Bison fans hate to hear from other fans how "you are not going to be at the top forever".  Well you know what, it goes both ways.  UND fans are just as tired of hearing "YOu are going to suck and be irrelevant forever".  We all can agree that both are simply not true.

NDSU fans will forever and always be proud of having the greatest 5 year run in the history of FCS football.

Until someone has a better one.

Remember, nobody was going to have better FCS runs than Y-State and GA State and App State either. 

And that's the beauty of sport. 

I don't care about their run, who they recruit, how many yards they get. NDSU can suck it. (I am sure that last sentence speaks from all UND fans)

Oddly enough I've seen about a million posts from you indicating that you do care.

• Upvote 1

Oddly enough I've seen about a million posts from you indicating that you do care.

It's a great accomplishment. And better to have it be NDSU than some southern team so we can hear for decades about their southern speed and how nobody could handle it.

It's a great accomplishment. And better to have it be NDSU than some southern team so we can hear for decades about their southern speed and how nobody could handle it.

How do deal with southern speed?  Recruit speed.  See: Ohio State.   

Both schools will have their eras of dominance.  There will be upsets along the way, as there always have been.  Hatred runs deep from both sides.  There are very few people who really support both programs.  I would suggest that we use the proper titles when addressing the other.  NDSU and UND.  That amount of respect is achievable.

There are some Bison football fans who support UND hockey.  That is a fact.  I know a few within my own family.  I cheered for UND in the Frozen Four.

Molen - I'd love to have you take this message to Bisonville and report back on the results. 

It's a message that I've consistently communicated there.  Some get it.  Some don't.  Some never will - neither here nor there.  I will continue.  We have two great universities with different strengths and weaknesses.

Years ago I used to go to Bisonville to keep up on regional sports talk - had to stop it has gotten so venomous, juvenile, insulting,and incredibly mean-spirited. Yes I know there is some trash talk here but nothing compared to over there. It's like an obsession to constantly comb the web and Sioux Sports in order to compare, trash and question to the extreme everything related to UND. Deny it if you will but the use of names other than the appropriate school initials started over there. 

• Upvote 4

Years ago I used to go to Bisonville to keep up on regional sports talk - had to stop it has gotten so venomous, juvenile, insulting,and incredibly mean-spirited. Yes I know there is some trash talk here but nothing compared to over there. It's like an obsession to constantly comb the web and Sioux Sports in order to compare, trash and question to the extreme everything related to UND. Deny it if you will but the use of names other than the appropriate school initials started over there. 

Hard to tell where it started.  I've been around for a long time too.  What you described has been at both sites for a long time.  Do we really have to argue about who started it?  

I prefer to use the term "discuss". I feel that the ability to post anonymously has taken the online discussion of the rivalry to a higher level of disrespect. I would also say that the more immature a person is the more disrespectful their postings can be. I can take good-natured ribbing - I can't take constant disrespect and trolling. If you think using SU instead of FU would reduce the level of disrespect I'm all in and I guess it has to start somewhere.