SiouxSports.com Forum

What has changed at REA in 10 years?

Fedorov

I think a big problem with drinking at the hockey games is cops bothering people that are drinking and behaving well. On more than one occasion, either myself or someone I've been with, has been made to stop and pull out our ID's while drinking a beer even when we had wristbands on. I'm not sure how often this happens, but it is really annoying when it does happen.

I think a big problem with drinking at the hockey games is cops bothering people that are drinking and behaving well. On more than one occasion, either myself or someone I've been with, has been made to stop and pull out our ID's while drinking a beer even when we had wristbands on. I'm not sure how often this happens, but it is really annoying when it does happen.

Things are better now at the new Ralph.  I don't get carded as often as I did 40 years ago. 

• Upvote 4

• 2 weeks later...

Consider yourself lucky about the pants. For every one that should be wearing yoga pants.....there is five that under no circumstances should be.

Montana is ... < ahem > ... cracking down ... on the offenders. 

http://www.startribune.com/lifestyle/health/291599111.html

• 7 months later...

One thing that needs to change at the Ralph is.....

I got to order a mix drink at the Alerus and bring it back to my seat during the football game last night!

Can people handle their liquor more responsible at football games than hockey games?

It was nice not being all beer full from two drinks....:unsure:

Maybe the Alerus realizes hard liquor makes the experience more palatable.  

• Upvote 4

I'd like to hear more organ music at the Ralph 

Not saying I don't like the recorded rock stuff I do but I like the old traditional organ arena/ stadium stuff also

I'd be down with that; I don't always love the music choice they play (I'd like a little more rock, less "everyone dance!" music), so I'm prime for a change. The NHL playoffs showed off some cool organ music. Who was it again who was doing the game of thrones intro on the organ. That was actually pretty cool.

I'd like to see a little bit of an updated pregame video. There's one on YouTube set to Diamond Eyes that is phenomenal. Am I the only one that remembers a pregame video with O Fortuna building from goals and good plays into the crescendo of hits? I thought that was amazing as well.

• Upvote 1

I'd like to see a little bit of an updated pregame video. There's one on YouTube set to Diamond Eyes that is phenomenal. Am I the only one that remembers a pregame video with O Fortuna building from goals and good plays into the crescendo of hits? I thought that was amazing as well.

Been asking the REA for two years to play O Fortuna. Wish they would try it....again. The first time I heard it was at a Sioux game at the Ralph, Gopher game I believe.... Miss them loud games, so fun!

One thing that needs to change at the Ralph is.....

I got to order a mix drink at the Alerus and bring it back to my seat during the football game last night!

Can people handle their liquor more responsible at football games than hockey games?

It was nice not being all beer full from two drinks....:unsure:

I too, wish this would change. I don't buy alcohol at the games anymore because I refuse to go into the overly crowded bars in the upper level. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I would love to not see the doofy looking laser light blob skaters.  Looks tacky and outdated.

I agree, but that is not necessarily a popular opinion around here.  It came up a while back and, well...

Did someone just complain that the laser in the press box is too boring?

Think about that statement for a bit.  Talk about privileged fans who look to complain about anything.