SiouxSports.com Forum

NORTH DAKOTA vs. UMD

AZSIOUX

The one thing you can count on with Sanderson is his effort. He finishes every check like his life depends on it and he's always flying around the ice trying to make something happen. He may not have the "talent" that we all thought Murphy had but his effort will be always guaranteed to give the team something positive every night.

The one thing you can count on with Sanderson is his effort. He finishes every check like his life depends on it and he's always flying around the ice trying to make something happen. He may not have the "talent" that we all thought Murphy had but his effort will be always guaranteed to give the team something positive every night.

Murphy works just as hard, IMO

So with Olson and St.Clair out up front the options are put in Murphy or Sanderson or move Poolman to forward this weekend and play both Mattson and Panzarella. I like the way Poolman has played when he has had to play up front but I'm not sure Panzarella is a real great matchup with Duluth's speed so it will be interesting to see which option Hak decides to go with on Friday night.

I'm going to guess Murphy gets one last shot this year. Panz and Sanderson sit.

I'm going to guess Murphy gets one last shot this year. Panz and Sanderson sit.

I would hope Sanderson would get the nod. How many times has someone posted "one last shot" as it pertains to Murphy?

I would hope Sanderson would get the nod. How many times has someone posted "one last shot" as it pertains to Murphy?

Completely fair, but, Sanderson does nothing for me, personally. I like that he works hard, but so does Murphy and IMO, even though he hasn't hit the scoresheet, he brings more of an offensive game. I like his speed. Dude is just so snake bit.

Either player just needs to step in and go to work.

Give Murphy a chance we need his potential down the road - tell him to shoot & everyone else to crash the net

Would love to see him get one if he plays. This series should be played at a high pace and physical. March to Beantown starts Friday at the Ralph!

I know Murphy has struggled in games, but I wonder how his practices have been? If he's been good in practices, I would have thought the staff would be giving more chances.

He's had plenty of games he's played and given chances in and may continue with injuries. Up to him to cash in on the chances or it's press box/stands on the weekends in turn for a d man possibly

Murph did show up on the score sheet for the U-18 game. He had one assist on, I believe, Parks' goal. Had he not bonked on his breakaway maybe we could see him ease up, but for now, hard work will have to win out. He doesn't seem tenacious enough out there to warrant chances when most are healthy.

Since Murphy isn't scoring like he should, he should be making up for it in other ways. Yes he had an assist in the U-18 game but he also took a horrible penalty that was away from the puck, in the middle of the ice and was completely avoidable/unnecessary. That kind of mistake against Duluth could prove costly. 

He  ( Murphy) had a couple of very shaky breakout passes in the u18 game as well where he could have moved up ice but instead threw wild passes all the way across the ice off the boards where nobody was close.   I'm sure he's frustrated and tried to do too much or not make mistakes to impress and that usually bites you in the azz.

No Olson now I guess.

Why?!? Why cant there be 1 year where we can be fully healthy

Lets put this in perspective, Olson and St.Clair being out hurts, but its not like we lost MacMillan and Caggiula. Stecher is obviously the key loss this weekend, but this isn't a new surprise, and fortunately our team is deep enought that they should still be able to compete at a high level.

That being said, I think Duluth will be the toughest series UND has played all season, and the implication are certainly high. Go get em!

• Upvote 1

Now we see if our first-half-of-the-season-success will snake bite us for the second half, or if we roll like we typically do post-break, picking up steam as we go.

UMD will be a great test.  I say we will split this weekend.  UMD would have a tough time sweeping us at the Ralph, but it could happen.  We could sweep too, but I think the overwhelming odds are for a split.  And a ton of penatly time.

This is really a key matchup for pairwise ranking. And being such a strong rivalry, I think it will motivate the boys.

GO SIOUX!!

Now we see if our first-half-of-the-season-success will snake bite us for the second half, or if we roll like we typically do post-break, picking up steam as we go.

UMD will be a great test.  I say we will split this weekend.  UMD would have a tough time sweeping us at the Ralph, but it could happen.  We could sweep too, but I think the overwhelming odds are for a split.  And a ton of penatly time.

This is really a key matchup for pairwise ranking. And being such a strong rivalry, I think it will motivate the boys.

GO SIOUX!!

I believe you have indeed covered all possible scenarios  :)  haha

• Upvote 1