SiouxSports.com Forum

NORTH DAKOTA @ DU - Saturday gameday thread

gfhockey

Sounded like a pretty solid game especially the first 2 periods and a good way to go into a nice break. Hak said a lot of players in the lineup are dealing with injuries so the break is really needed and the team poured everything they had out in that game so they must have been pretty gassed in the 3rd. Good to see guys get back into the lineup and contribute right away. Anyone know if DU has been rotating their goalies all year? Seems strange they wouldn't have come back with Cowley Saturday unless he got hurt or something.

Not every team rolls only one tendy. Their backup actually had a good junior career so he was probably promised some PT. Also they won Friday so giving him Saturday wasn't the worst decision. Additionally, he looked like a solid tendy.

Not every team rolls only one tendy. Their backup actually had a good junior career so he was probably promised some PT. Also they won Friday so giving him Saturday wasn't the worst decision. Additionally, he looked like a solid tendy.

Sorry to get off track here, but I've noticed this recently and it's been bugging me. When did "tender" get turned into "tendy"? It sounds like something Justin Bieber would say.

On the post-game show Friday, Montgomery was pretty adamant that he planned on starting Jaillet despite Cowley having a strong outing. He said both goaltenders have played well this season and has confidence in both of them.

Split the Cornell series also. Cowley lost, Jaillet won

Read Nick Groke's article in today's Denver Post about last night's game. This guy clearly doesn't know or understand UND's team....he wrote (I paraphrase)...

"After Friday's runaway victory, Hakstol inserted some muscle into his lineup perhaps hoping to push the Pioneers around. He added 185-pound defenseman Nick Mattson and freshman lefty Johnny Simonson...the two new bruisers from Grand Forks put ND out in front."

Since when was 185 pounds considered bruising for a D Man? Plus, I always thought Mattson was the more offensively gifted D man as compared to Panzerella?

• Upvote 1

That's another example why all majors need to be reviewed on video.  The idiot refs take a long time talking about it anyway, why not just review it on video?  It would change a lot of 5's to 2's.  

I don't think that hit should have been a penalty.

Read Nick Groke's article in today's Denver Post about last night's game. This guy clearly doesn't know or understand UND's team....he wrote (I paraphrase)...

"After Friday's runaway victory, Hakstol inserted some muscle into his lineup perhaps hoping to push the Pioneers around. He added 185-pound defenseman Nick Mattson and freshman lefty Johnny Simonson...the two new bruisers from Grand Forks put ND out in front."

Since when was 185 pounds considered bruising for a D Man? Plus, I always thought Mattson was the more offensively gifted D man as compared to Panzerella?

Wow, apparently Chambers isn't the only clueless writer there!

Is he writing for Lifetime or is he reporting a hockey game? "...runaway victory...", "...the two new bruisers from Grand Forks"....

Unless shoulder-to-shoulder checks at center ice are illegal nowadays. The Omaha guy had his melon down & Brodzinski made him pay for it, as he should have..

Shoulder to shoulder isnt illegal but the refs apparenlt thought it was contact to the head. Seems like Omaha is another diving team, never thought blais would go for that

Shoulder to shoulder isnt illegal but the refs apparenlt thought it was contact to the head. Seems like Omaha is another diving team, never thought blais would go for that

Which is funny because the shoulder was no where near the head. 

Which is funny because the shoulder was no where near the head. 

True, which should dispel any concern among UND fans that there are refs out there who intentionally single out UND players. Bad officiating is endemic to college hockey & the reasons are clear these knuckleheads aren't officiating at the NHL level..

True, which should dispel any concern among UND fans that there are refs out there who intentionally single out UND players. Bad officiating is endemic to college hockey & the reasons are clear these knuckleheads aren't officiating at the NHL level..

Quite a few of them shouldn't be reffing at this level either. 

Kid got smoked and you call that a dive?

That one is clearly not a dive, but if you watched the UNO series at UND there were plenty of examples of diving. In one incident after the whistle a UNO player skated into a group of three UND players and threw a half hearted fist/punch to the face of the UND player. Then, without being touched, his head snapped back and he went over backwards like he had been shot. Luckily the refs didn't buy it. I believe that they had at least one embellishment penalty that weekend.

• Upvote 1