SiouxSports.com Forum

NORTH DAKOTA @ DU - Saturday gameday thread

gfhockey

That one is clearly not a dive, but if you watched the UNO series at UND there were plenty of examples of diving. In one incident after the whistle a UNO player skated into a group of three UND players and threw a half hearted fist/punch to the face of the UND player. Then, without being touched, his head snapped back and he went over backwards like he had been shot. Luckily the refs didn't buy it. I believe that they had at least one embellishment penalty that weekend.

I agree, SCSU, UNO, Miami and finally DU have had their share of divers. From what I can see.

It wasn't so much ....diving in the way a of the goophs (getting a hip check and then snapping the head back and jumping into the boards and calling for an air cav medivac until the refs confered enough to get the 5)............but using his size and speed to get the call.

Drive the net hard and fast and get caught in the armpits of the D men almost every time there was contact that by shear physics would result in it looking like him being taken down.

He was good at making sure he was taken down.

Only remember him getting the embellishment call on it once, it could/should have been more.