SiouxSports.com Forum

NORTH DAKOTA @ St. Cloud State

AZSIOUX

Cloud town is always a good time for hockey!

UND comes off a split in GF to Maimi while St. Cloud beat WMU Friday and tied/lost in shootout Saturday @ WMU

* Drake Caggiula is tied for nations lead with 16 points, 6g10a (parks with 14 points)

*mark Mcmillin and drake tied for nations lead with 2 short handed goals.

*UND leads nation with 7 short handed goals (UMD next with 5)

*UND 8th in nation at 3.55 goals per game

*UND tied for 12th in nation in goals allowed at 2 per game

*UND 18th nation in pp....21.05%

*UND tied 21st nation PK at 86.5%

*UND 9th in penalty limited per game 15.55 (Cornell leads at 27.50)

http://www.uscho.com/stats/overall/division-i-men/2014-2015/

UND (7th in pairwise as of today)

8-2-1 overall

3-1-0-0 NCHC

SCSU (21st pairwise as of today)

4-5-1 overall

1-2-1-0 NCHC

Just putting this out there for anyone who will be in St. Cloud for the games:

UND/SCSU fan social

Saturday, November 22 from 4:00 PM to 6:00 PM

Second floor of Brothers Bar & Grill (same location as last year)

119 Fifth Avenue South in St. Cloud

Appetizers and door prizes

See you there!

I really liked the Saturday defensive pairings. I would think the coaching staff would keep them together for Friday at least. After watching my first game of the season, in person, I think its come down to Poolman or Mattson for the  6th defensive spot. The only problem with that is I would like to have a consistent partner for Ladue. I'm not a fan of the Scmaltz/Ladue combo. I did like Thompson/Schmaltz, but it was just one game. Would like to see some more of that. Ausmus/Stecher played a ton of minutes Sat.....especially in the third period. They are becoming our shut down pairing.

I really liked the Saturday defensive pairings. I would think the coaching staff would keep them together for Friday at least. After watching my first game of the season, in person, I think its come down to Poolman or Mattson for the  6th defensive spot. The only problem with that is I would like to have a consistent partner for Ladue. I'm not a fan of the Scmaltz/Ladue combo. I did like Thompson/Schmaltz, but it was just one game. Would like to see some more of that. Ausmus/Stecher played a ton of minutes Sat.....especially in the third period. They are becoming our shut down pairing.

I actually wrote about Mattson in my blog (sorry, shameless plug :)) and I just don't think he should be in the lineup. His offensive abilities shined when had a group of more defensive defensemen around him and now that this d-corps is scoring and play making, he's getting lost in the shuffle. I go Poolman unless he continues to play like he did Friday. Before that, Tucker was better than Mattson.

Ausmus/Stetcher are both playing on a different planet. Huge steps for these two guys.

My top 6 would be

Schmaltz

Ladue

Stecher

Thompson

Poolman

Ausmus

Mattson

Not a knock on mattson at all. Just think that 6 is the best together as all 7 would be top 4 anywhere else besides a few schools possibly. Poolman had a off night Friday but besides that has been very good sucks missing the opener.

The offense is missing nick schmaltz as would any team. Obvious point I know but it shows on the pp with puck movement. Forward wise I would play the two fresh over Murphy for now. Plays hard just never converts on golden chances. This team is solid but will need #8 to make a run at #8 :) so hope he's back healthy at some point. Olson brings some physical play as well. He and ausmus always finish checks!

Will be a hell of a test this weekend. Go sioux

• Upvote 1

My top 6 would be

Schmaltz

Ladue

Stecher

Thompson

Poolman

Ausmus

Mattson

Not a knock on mattson at all. Just think that 6 is the best together as all 7 would be top 4 anywhere else besides a few schools possibly. Poolman had a off night Friday but besides that has been very good sucks missing the opener.

The offense is missing nick schmaltz as would any team. Obvious point I know but it shows on the pp with puck movement. Forward wise I would play the two fresh over Murphy for now. Plays hard just never converts on golden chances. This team is solid but will need #8 to make a run at #8 :) so hope he's back healthy at some point. Olson brings some physical play as well. He and ausmus always finish checks!

Will be a hell of a test this weekend. Go sioux

I guess I'm in the minority here but I really like what Mattson brings to the lineup. Sure he gets caught pinching too often, I like his ability to jump into the play and create odd man chances. He can also be an asset on the PP which obviously struggled this weekend without Nick Schmaltz. In my opinion, Thompson would be the odd man out and I actually thought he had a pretty solid weekend.

I guess I'm in the minority here but I really like what Mattson brings to the lineup. Sure he gets caught pinching too often, I like his ability to jump into the play and create odd man chances. He can also be an asset on the PP which obviously struggled this weekend without Nick Schmaltz. In my opinion, Thompson would be the odd man out and I actually thought he had a pretty solid weekend.

Nice problem for Hak. 7 quality guys and probably not a wrong answer anyway he goes

Why not put Mattson at forward?

Because he isn't a forward he is a defenseman and has done a pretty decent job when he has been in the lineup this year. Additionally it isn't like we don't have forward depth our forwards are playing pretty well and there has been a good healthy scratch ready to come in if anyone struggles as was the case with Murphy in for Poganski Saturday and I'm sure Poganski will be pushing hard this week at practice to try to get back in the lineup Friday night.

Because he isn't a forward he is a defenseman and has done a pretty decent job when he has been in the lineup this year. Additionally it isn't like we don't have forward depth our forwards are playing pretty well and there has been a good healthy scratch ready to come in if anyone struggles as was the case with Murphy in for Poganski Saturday and I'm sure Poganski will be pushing hard this week at practice to try to get back in the lineup Friday night.

I'm sure he will be, as this is his hometown crowd.  He'll be wanting to make a statement and I'm sure will play with a lot of energy if he's able to earn ice time. 

I like Mattson in only for the experience he brings to the PowerPlay unit...other than that he gets caught pinching too much for my tastes.  That said, he's a Senior and wants to play, so it's a real luxury for the coaching staff (and us fans).

We'll need to bring the jump both nights to take down Brodzinski and Co.  Looking forward to a good weekend of hockey.

GO SIOUX!!!

I'm not sure about Saturday but Friday night is on FSN+.

I'm so confused with what has been happening w CastroOne in Fargo lately I have no clue if FSN+ is in our market.

Anyone who lives in the F-M area and has cable understands. Midco can't get here soon enough!

I'm so confused with what has been happening w CastroOne in Fargo lately I have no clue if FSN+ is in our market.

Anyone who lives in the F-M area and has cable understands. Midco can't get here soon enough!

Ok I think the game would be on FSN channel 153, there are several other Fox Sports channels 140,141,142,146 and 148 Big Ten Network 144 and sometimes there’s games on CBS sports 139 and NBC sports 138 .... I am never quite sure so I usually just check all the channels

Ok I think the game would be on FSN channel 153, there are several other Fox Sports channels 140,141,142,146 and 148 Big Ten Network 144 and sometimes there’s games on CBS sports 139 and NBC sports 138 .... I am never quite sure so I usually just check all the channels

"So you're saying there's a chance......"

http://www.foxsports.com/north/story/fox-sports-north-plus-channel-information-011214

This says Channel 72 but I'm sure that was published before the "improved" TV lineup.  When I called CableOne today (I know, 5 minutes of my life I'll never get back) they said it will likely be on an alternate channel - but they couldn't say with confidence which channel that would be.

So at 7:31pm on Friday I'll be flipping through the guide with my fingers crossed.  I hope they can give up the channel that plays the endless loop of upcoming PPV Wrestling options to put this game on.

http://www.foxsports.com/north/story/fox-sports-north-plus-channel-information-011214

This says Channel 72 but I'm sure that was published before the "improved" TV lineup.  When I called CableOne today (I know, 5 minutes of my life I'll never get back) they said it will likely be on an alternate channel - but they couldn't say with confidence which channel that would be.

So at 7:31pm on Friday I'll be flipping through the guide with my fingers crossed.  I hope they can give up the channel that plays the endless loop of upcoming PPV Wrestling options to put this game on.

GAWD>>> I hate Cableone!!!!!