SiouxSports.com Forum

NORTH DAKOTA vs. Miami

AZSIOUX

I think depth is one of the strengths of this years team and now it will be tested. My guess is we won't see any of LaDue, MacMillan, and N. Schmaltz this weekend but even so the possible lines don't look too bad.

Caggiula-Johnson-Parks

Chyzk-Simonson-Olson

OD-Gaarder-Poganski

Pattyn-St.Clair-Murphy

Mattson-Schmaltz

Ausmus-Stecher

Thompson-Poolman

This is the time when we are going to have to count on our depth at D and Zane on the backend to win some low scoring close games.

I also like that the leadership on this team went through "the year of injury" and understand what it takes to win under some adversity.  Pattyn, Panz, Gaarder, St. Clair...they've all been there.

Should be a very competitive weekend of hockey.

GO SIOUX!!!

Nick Schmaltz out indefinitely with an undisclosed injury

No update on LaDue and MacMillan

https://twitter.com/UNDMHockey/status/532620599621734400

that sucks for Nick.  i think it happened at the end of the 1st as he went off the ice gingerly.  At least Olson might be able to get back in and show why he should stay the rest of the season instead of a certain other player....heh hum.....

If MacMillan, N. Schmaltz, and LaDue are all out, I wouldn't be totally surprised to see Mattson or Thompson up front to add a little offense to all the grinders that will be out there this weekend.

I would be very surprised if that was the case and would very much prefer just to see Olson put in the lineup rather than moving someone like Mattson or Thompson up front for a weekend and also having to put Panzarella in the lineup defensively then.

I would be very surprised if that was the case and would very much prefer just to see Olson put in the lineup rather than moving someone like Mattson or Thompson up front for a weekend and also having to put Panzarella in the lineup defensively then.

Agreed.  We have depth at all positions, so no need to put someone out of position.

If MacMillan, N. Schmaltz, and LaDue are all out, I wouldn't be totally surprised to see Mattson or Thompson up front to add a little offense to all the grinders that will be out there this weekend.

Agreed.  We have depth at all positions, so no need to put someone out of position.

With the way some of our depth guys have played, I just don't see it happening. I'd much rather bring Olson or even Sanderson in, if need be.

His return would certainly lessen the impact of N. Schmaltz going out, wouldn't it?

Agree...that fact he is practicing already IMO removes all possibility of a medical hardship. If he doesn't play this weekend, I'd say he suits up at St. Cloud.

Per Schloss, Coleman is available for Miami. Mac and Ladue are questionable. Nick is out.

Miami isn't good defensively but they could hang a 6 pack each night. Miami is the best team UND has faced to date and IMO it's not close. This series has split written all over it.

Per Schloss, Coleman is available for Miami. Mac and Ladue are questionable. Nick is out.

Miami isn't good defensively but they could hang a 6 pack each night. Miami is the best team UND has faced to date and IMO it's not close. This series has split written all over it.

Agree with the split, however I don't understand the Miami isn't good defensively mindset. Judging by their game log they look like they are defensively sound. They had a bad one against SLU however we had a bad one against BSU. I don't beleive their D is as good as ours obviously but I believe their backend will be decent as well. Last year was last year.