SiouxSports.com Forum

NORTH DAKOTA @ Bucky - Saturday Gameday

AZSIOUX

so wisconsin now has another week off before playing another game.  wonder if they can scrimmage any local high school teams this week.

Yet, there are many on this board that would rather win that one Natonal Championship and be irrelevant for years at a time. Can't wait until Hakstol wins an NCAA title and see how many stick to that premise.

Yet, there are many on this board that would rather win that one Natonal Championship and be irrelevant for years at a time. Can't wait until Hakstol wins an NCAA title and see how many stick to that premise.

As well at UND has started the season, it is kind of interesting that I haven't seen many...if any...cries of "Let's hang #8 on the rafters!"   I think we have come to expect to win conference championships without any true expectation of a national title.  Maybe that will change this year if the boys keep rolling. 

As well at UND has started the season, it is kind of interesting that I haven't seen many...if any...cries of "Let's hang #8 on the rafters!" I think we have come to expect to win conference championships without any true expectation of a national title. Maybe that will change this year if the boys keep rolling.

I've always preferred the idea of just focusing on the next game or weekend opponent. Forget about talk of #8, hopefully the only conversation going on in the locker room and team meetings is the Miami RedHawks.

I've always preferred the idea of just focusing on the next game or weekend opponent. Forget about talk of #8, hopefully the only conversation going on in the locker room and team meetings is the Miami RedHawks.

I agree.  I was thinking of the mindset of UND fans, not the players.   

why not? vogel spent 2-3 years here covering und athletics when he worked at wdaz, granted it was a almost 20 years ago.

Bring him back and bring his partner with. They both speak English fluently and have a good time during the broadcast. Hammer and Kober have marbles in their mouths too often to be broadcasters.

I was thinking the same thing watching last night.

I thought the guys from Wisconsin Public TV were entertaining. 

Anyone have highlights from last night?

I wish... There were a few things I would have loved to taken a second look at. 

I'm disappointed MacMillan didn't travel with the team this weekend. Even though he can't play right now, he's one of their leaders and I think his presence with the team, particularly in the locker room as well as any insights he could have given the boys from the stands, would have been helpful.

Hey Marysmoochy that was a great example of two old rivals playing & respecting each other - I just never get that feeling with the goofs - this Is why I'm glad we are still playing them but don't miss playing the rodents

I'm disappointed MacMillan didn't travel with the team this weekend. Even though he can't play right now, he's one of their leaders and I think his presence with the team, particularly in the locker room as well as any insights he could have given the boys from the stands, would have been helpful.

I thought everybody did go? I would guess if MacMillan didn't make the trip he probably stayed back to get in more rehab which wouldn't be a bad thing as well.

I thought everybody did go? I would guess if MacMillan didn't make the trip he probably stayed back to get in more rehab which wouldn't be a bad thing as well.

I doubt it.  From what I remember from being in school, the travel budget only allows for so many players to travel.  Robbie Bina for example didn't travel with the team when he was on a medical redshirt year. Playoffs are different and I don't recall the exact reasoning behind this.