SiouxSports.com Forum

NORTH DAKOTA vs. Providence - Friday

AZSIOUX

Again you're wrong. I never said Poolman should be sitting but the mattson sit shocked me. I said stetcher should have been sitting over poolman, mattson, and Thomson, and have since noted I was wrong as stetcher is playing top notch now. As far as poolman goes, you're comment was wrong.

Again, I'm not! Go to UND at CC Friday night and read. I use a phone and I don't have all the edit tools... Anyway who cares?

if bc or michigan was their opponent tonight as the number 5 team in the country this place would have been rockin. i'm sorry, I don't care if they ould have been ranked number one, it is providence college, hardly an annual powerhouse in the college hockey ranks.

My god you're a broken record!

They always lose to teams that a highschool team could beat and they only win against a highschool caliber team!

The Sioux are so lucky to have a fan like you....not!

They always lose to teams that a highschool team could beat and they only win against a highschool caliber team!

I wouldn't necessarily take it that way, bigskyvikes.  Things change over time...when I was in school, Denver was a total patsie and you could certainly count on a few hundred, if not five hundred empty seats.  In the Gwoz years, especially in the late 1990's and 2000's, Denver became the hot ticket.  Things change...

Last two times I saw Sioux hockey steamrolling like tonight was Frattins senior year and Porters senior year. Nice to see it before Christmas too.

Taking it back a few years...nice. You sound pretty excited!! Obviously you're not nursing anything at this hour. Carry on......

Again, I'm not! Go to UND at CC Friday night and read. I use a phone and I don't have all the edit tools... Anyway who cares?

Uh.....yeah....you are. Go back and peek at the thread you're completley delusional on this one. Doesn't shock me though.

This is the best I've seen a UND team play since I came to campus (the year after Frartin-Trupp-Malone was my first year at UND). It just goes to show the type of effort we need from this team. We dominated a legitimate top team in the country in PC exactly two weeks after getting completely dominated by a Bemidji team that won 10 games last year. BSU may be better than last year but they definitely aren't as good of a team as Providence. We chased a future NHL goalie tonight.

Zane is as good as any other goalie in college hockey. His only weakness is dropping his stick and giving up one softie per game. Still we could have given up a goal or two in the first if we had any other goalie and who knows what happens if Zane doesn't stand tall for us early.

We have 7 defenseman that could play every night. I'm a hockey novice but I feel like Matson is our weakest dman and he is far from a bad player. I think Panzarella is a good player, but it's unfortunate that he just doesn't fit in anywhere. Ladue and Schmaltz is the best defensive pairing in the country when Jordan seems interested in my opinion.

It seems that we are also settling into having our forward lines set a lot earlier than we normally do. Poganski will get better but I don't know who he plays over as of right now. I can't think of a forward that I would take out of the lineup. Gaarder, St Clair, and Pattyn aren't super talented but they all are extremely hard workers and are great grinders.

I was really low on this team after Benidji for the reason that I felt like the team we saw tonight is one of the best, if not the best team in the country and the one we saw against Bemidji was bad. I know that it's not possible to get a performance like this every night but I feel amazing knowing that this team can live up to the potential I felt for them coming into the season. I know sometime later this season (maybe even tomorrow) I'll be whining about our team, but the high from tonight is what makes sports fun for me. We showed tonight we have the ability to be great, we just need the effort.

I think you need to check your reading comprehension. He's not saying we beat a bad team. He's saying the average fan may not realize that the team we just dominated is as good as the goofs or BC. It's easy to overlook PC because very recently they were a bottom of the barrel hockey east team (much like Schlossman mentioned in his blog). When we scheduled PC it looked like we were going to get an UCONN caliber team and not a BC one. Again this is as good of a win as we've had in the last 3 years and I'm sure most fans would agree. It just doesn't feel like it immediately because Providence doesn't have the name recognition that BC, Minnesota, and Denver have.

I think you need to check your reading comprehension. He's not saying we beat a bad team. He's saying the average fan may not realize that the team we just dominated is as good as the goofs or BC. It's easy to overlook PC because very recently they were a bottom of the barrel hockey east team (much like Schlossman mentioned in his blog). When we scheduled PC it looked like we were going to get an UCONN caliber team and not a BC one. Again this is as good of a win as we've had in the last 3 years and I'm sure most fans would agree. It just doesn't feel like it immediately because Providence doesn't have the name recognition that BC, Minnesota, and Denver have.

I understand what you and MM are saying, but I'm not excepting the notion that the REA is full of hockey minds to understand the difference. When its been advertised all week #3 vs #5 I just thought the place would feel like a goof game.

If I took siouxeet wrong, sorry. Just seemed like he was playing down the victory. When I feel Saturdays game will be a very tough win for the Sioux.

We shall see, go Sioux!

But thanks for the comprehension jab???

• Upvote 1

Pattyn isn't a top 6 talent but he works on that line. OD definitely plays better on a 3rd or 4th line. Unless they are injured Colton and Bryn should never sit. Other than Drake Bryn was our best forward. Olson is an emerging stud. Nick made a couple moves and passes that I haven't seen since Toews. Aumus is so improved he has to play nightly. Poolman has lots of talent...got better as game went along.

Game vs BSU was top 3 worst games UND has played at new Ralph...last night was top 3 best.

Pattyn isn't a top 6 talent but he works on that line. OD definitely plays better on a 3rd or 4th line. Unless they are injured Colton and Bryn should never sit. Other than Drake Bryn was our best forward. Olson is an emerging stud. Nick made a couple moves and passes that I haven't seen since Toews. Aumus is so improved he has to play nightly. Poolman has lots of talent...got better as game went along.

Game vs BSU was top 3 worst games UND has played at new Ralph...last night was top 3 best.

Poolman is going to be scary good. Paul is great and very talented too but it took him a little time to transition to college level last year. Not so much for Poolman. 2 goals already for a freshie d-man on the year? Holy buckets. The opposition should be afraid very afraid. No matter what happens this year, we're going to look back at this d-core years down the road and see how spoiled we are.

It's great to see the d chip in offensively every night. 

This is the best I've seen a UND team play since I came to campus (the year after Frartin-Trupp-Malone was my first year at UND). It just goes to show the type of effort we need from this team. We dominated a legitimate top team in the country in PC exactly two weeks after getting completely dominated by a Bemidji team that won 10 games last year. BSU may be better than last year but they definitely aren't as good of a team as Providence. We chased a future NHL goalie tonight.

Zane is as good as any other goalie in college hockey. His only weakness is dropping his stick and giving up one softie per game. Still we could have given up a goal or two in the first if we had any other goalie and who knows what happens if Zane doesn't stand tall for us early.

We have 7 defenseman that could play every night. I'm a hockey novice but I feel like Matson is our weakest dman and he is far from a bad player. I think Panzarella is a good player, but it's unfortunate that he just doesn't fit in anywhere. Ladue and Schmaltz is the best defensive pairing in the country when Jordan seems interested in my opinion.

It seems that we are also settling into having our forward lines set a lot earlier than we normally do. Poganski will get better but I don't know who he plays over as of right now. I can't think of a forward that I would take out of the lineup. Gaarder, St Clair, and Pattyn aren't super talented but they all are extremely hard workers and are great grinders.

I was really low on this team after Benidji for the reason that I felt like the team we saw tonight is one of the best, if not the best team in the country and the one we saw against Bemidji was bad. I know that it's not possible to get a performance like this every night but I feel amazing knowing that this team can live up to the potential I felt for them coming into the season. I know sometime later this season (maybe even tomorrow) I'll be whining about our team, but the high from tonight is what makes sports fun for me. We showed tonight we have the ability to be great, we just need the effort.

I think Zane has pretty much gotten past the giving up 1 soft goal a game as the one he gave up last night was the first soft one I can remember him giving up in a while.