SiouxSports.com Forum

NORTH DAKOTA vs. Providence - Friday

AZSIOUX

Great game of Fighting Sioux hockey and love the edge this team played with tonight. The guys came with great jump from the start real strong on the puck especially in the offensive zone tonight and a real nice job of going hard to the net and making Gillies uncomfortable. Liked the way Olson jumped in when Caggiula took the high hit in the 3rd and made sure Providence knew right away we weren't gonna let that happen. Seems like Poolman continues to get better every game and you can't take him out of the lineup right now and that goes for pretty much the whole set of defenseman so unless an injury happened tonight I would expect the same 6 in for tomorrow for sure. The 6th goal really didn't mean a whole lot for this game but I think it was big for Caggiula to finally see one go in. I noticed MacMillan didn't play at all in the 3rd so hopefully that was just precautionary and he will be good to go tomorrow if he can't go I would guess Poganski would come in and Hak would have to do some line juggling. Hope we can see this same kind of intensity and edge from the drop of the puck tomorrow and finish off a sweep that could be big at the end of the season.

Blais would have hung 7 on those guys.

Actually, that's the most I have seen the Sioux look like a Blais team in a long time - relentless, winning the puck battles, and did my eyes deceive me, or did we play very little dump and chase.  Without big goal scorers, this is the type of offense we need.  

??? I've been saying the guy shouldn't have been sitting since day 1.

You better look back, I argued with you on Poolman in for Mattson. You said "the better guy is sitting tonight but never again" I said finally they made the move to sit Mattson, should have done it last season...IMO.

I, me, this guy here said Poolman is the guy that will be in every night, you said Mattson.. I just congratulated you for commending Poolmans play, thats all.

Good solid hockey from the Sioux, come on sweep!!

The forecheck was awesome from late first on. Wore PC down quite nicely! I thought Poolman looked pretty apprehensive early on, but clearly improved as the game went on. His goal was a beautiful move and better shot.

I was actually surprised by the chippiness considering an unfamiliar opponent. It appeared there was ample chirping going on.

Tomorrow will be intense!

The forecheck was awesome from late first on. Wore PC down quite nicely! I thought Poolman looked pretty apprehensive early on, but clearly improved as the game went on. His goal was a beautiful move and better shot.

I was actually surprised by the chippiness considering an unfamiliar opponent. It appeared there was ample chirping going on.

Tomorrow will be intense!

The radio guys seemed to infer that Providence came in wanting to make a statement, that they had a chip on their shoulders. That said, still one more game to play in the series, need to put tonight's win behind them and start focusing on tomorrow.

Anyone think it was a little too quiet in the REA tonight for this big matchup?

The REA had a chance to rev it up during the big fight and they played the rocky theme for 2 seconds and then the PA announced und insider on TV!! I don't get it? I miss the old Mn or Wisc games where you could not hear the person next to you ask a question!

Come on REA when the opportunity arises, take it!!!

Anyone think it was a little too quiet in the REA tonight for this big matchup?

The REA had a chance to rev it up during the big fight and they played the rocky theme for 2 seconds and then the PA announced und insider on TV!! I don't get it? I miss the old Mn or Wisc games where you could not hear the person next to you ask a question!

Come on REA when the opportunity arises, take it!!!

if bc or michigan was their opponent tonight as the number 5 team in the country this place would have been rockin.  i'm sorry, I don't care if they ould have been  ranked number one, it is providence college, hardly an annual powerhouse in the college hockey ranks.

Yes missing 2 of their better players.

They were missing two players, I believe the second player wasn't AS important in the grand scheme of things. However their ranking has a lot to do with the experience of their team as well as the fact they have a full blown blue chip tendy, who's experienced. Boys played good tonight. They dominated.

The radio guys seemed to infer that Providence came in wanting to make a statement, that they had a chip on their shoulders. That said, still one more game to play in the series, need to put tonight's win behind them and start focusing on tomorrow.

Exactly, Providence could still come out of this series better than us because a Non-conference road win means more come pairwise time. Let's give Gillies his first back to back losses.

You better look back, I argued with you on Poolman in for Mattson. You said "the better guy is sitting tonight but never again" I said finally they made the move to sit Mattson, should have done it last season...IMO.

I, me, this guy here said Poolman is the guy that will be in every night, you said Mattson.. I just congratulated you for commending Poolmans play, thats all.

Good solid hockey from the Sioux, come on sweep!!

Again you're wrong. I never said Poolman should be sitting but the mattson sit shocked me. I said stetcher should have been sitting over poolman, mattson, and Thomson, and have since noted I was wrong as stetcher is playing top notch now. As far as poolman goes, you're comment was wrong.

if bc or michigan was their opponent tonight as the number 5 team in the country this place would have been rockin.  i'm sorry, I don't care if they ould have been  ranked number one, it is providence college, hardly an annual powerhouse in the college hockey ranks.

Providence has a solid club - saw them play several games last season.  In terms of national recognition, though, you are 100% correct - 4 out of 5 fans inside REA tonight would have had no clue they were ranked in the top five in the country.  BC could roll into town ranked #20, but it's BC...that's just how it is.

Huh?  Typical Hak "preseason".

Just sayin'...two weeks ago, some folks were ready to burn their Sioux jerseys in protest over the Bemidji loss...now it's all unicorns and glitter over here.  Don't get me wrong, it's a nice change of pace...a sweep tomorrow would be just fine by me.