SiouxSports.com Forum

NORTH DAKOTA vs. Providence - Friday

AZSIOUX

Think about when Jr Schmaltz gets a dozen or so NCAA games under his belt and starts making even more plays...

crazy to think that two younger recruits as highly regarded as Poganski and Murphy can't crack this lineup...

Poganski has been playing 1 game a weekend but after the performance last night it may be tough to make any lineup changes unless it is because of injury. Poganski is a guy that I think will adjust to the college game and get better throughout the year and consistently be in the lineup in the 2nd half of the season kind of like what happened with Thompson last year.

Pattyn isn't a top 6 talent but he works on that line. OD definitely plays better on a 3rd or 4th line. Unless they are injured Colton and Bryn should never sit. Other than Drake Bryn was our best forward. Olson is an emerging stud. Nick made a couple moves and passes that I haven't seen since Toews. Aumus is so improved he has to play nightly. Poolman has lots of talent...got better as game went along.

Game vs BSU was top 3 worst games UND has played at new Ralph...last night was top 3 best.

Poolmans goal was about as good a play as I've seen a UND defenseman make in a long long time. Complete control of the puck and situation and finished like a cold blooded assassin. We pounded those poor guys last night. They weren't ready for that, tonight they'll be expecting it so it should get interesting.

Poolmans goal was about as good a play as I've seen a UND defenseman make in a long long time. Complete control of the puck and situation and finished like a cold blooded assassin. We pounded those poor guys last night. They weren't ready for that, tonight they'll be expecting it so it should get interesting.

PC also wiffed on several open nets last night, which we can't count on happening again.

UND looked last night like a team that is in playoff mode.  I knew they would be capable of that early this year (because of the returning players), but after the BSU loss, I was wondering when they would get going.

Agree with the last post, Providence could easily have scored a couple more.  But, UND looked dominant overall.  Now, can they do that again?

I understand what you and MM are saying, but I'm not excepting the notion that the REA is full of hockey minds to understand the difference. When its been advertised all week #3 vs #5 I just thought the place would feel like a goof game.

If I took siouxeet wrong, sorry. Just seemed like he was playing down the victory. When I feel Saturdays game will be a very tough win for the Sioux.

We shall see, go Sioux!

But thanks for the comprehension jab???

Was it just me, or did the PA and Band both seem out of sync with the crowd - a couple of times during a break the crowd was ready to get loud only to be dampened by what we heard - Usually the band is spot on, so I was a bit surprised.

Was it just me, or did the PA and Band both seem out of sync with the crowd - a couple of times during a break the crowd was ready to get loud only to be dampened by what we heard - Usually the band is spot on, so I was a bit surprised.

I agree, and what about the beginning?! The music playing still and the team comes out, then the PA announces "here comes your....." and they were all out and already skating!

Superstition, yes, but that made me nervous..lol

Did they wife or was our defensive stick work good...seemed like our net-front presence was good on both ends last night.

Our stickwork was great last night, and the boys won puck battles they have been losing. But PC just wiffed on several golden chances.

The aggressive forecheck last night set the tone.