SiouxSports.com Forum

Measure 5

Nodak78

Current results as of 9:10 p.m, albeit with less than half the precincts reporting:

Measure 1:

Yes- 36.41%

No- 63.59%

Measure 2:

Yes- 76.74%

No- 23.26%

Measure 3:

Yes- 25.85%

No- 74.15%

Measure 4:

Yes- 44.63%

No- 55.37%

Measure 5:

Yes- 20.00%

No- 80.00%

Measure 6:

Yes- 37.54%

No- 62.46%

Measure 7:

Yes- 41.82%

No- 58.18%

Measure 8:

Yes- 43.95%

No- 56.05%

Current results as of 9:10 p.m, albeit with less than half the precincts reporting:

Measure 1:

Yes- 36.41%

No- 63.59%

Measure 2:

Yes- 76.74%

No- 23.26%

Measure 3:

Yes- 25.85%

No- 74.15%

Measure 4:

Yes- 44.63%

No- 55.37%

Measure 5:

Yes- 20.00%

No- 80.00%

Measure 6:

Yes- 37.54%

No- 62.46%

Measure 7:

Yes- 41.82%

No- 58.18%

Measure 8:

Yes- 43.95%

No- 56.05%

5 out of the 8 measures I voted for/against are winning. I am a little surprised with measure 8 (school after Labor Day). Why wouldn't parents want school to start after Labor Day, its not like summer has started at the end of May lately. 

5 out of the 8 measures I voted for/against are winning. I am a little surprised with measure 8 (school after Labor Day). Why wouldn't parents want school to start after Labor Day, its not like summer has started at the end of May lately.

No need to make it a state law. Let the local school districts make the decision on when school starts.

A teacher put it to me this way: Start before Labor Day or go until Flag Day; either way there has to be 180 classroom days.

No need to make it a state law. Let the local school districts make the decision on when school starts.

Agreed.  Personally, I would like the school year to start after Labor Day.  However, I am much more inclined to give the local population in an area the choice.  If the parents feel strongly about starting after Labor Day then they should take it up with their local school board.

Agreed.  Personally, I would like the school year to start after Memorial Day.  However, I am much more inclined to give the local population in an area the choice.  If the parents feel strongly about starting after Memorial Day then they should take it up with their local school board.

I think you mean Labor Day.  

A teacher put it to me this way: Start before Labor Day or go until Flag Day; either way there has to be 180 classroom days.

We start immediately after Labor Day (by state law as put in place by the theme park industry) and I was pretty surprised that it goes into late June, but that's what it takes. With snow days, last day of school here was June 25 this year.