SiouxSports.com Forum

Measure 5

Nodak78

Measure 5 would commit at least $300 million per biennium (aka $150 million per year). Let's say ND land is an average of $2350/acre in North Dakota (maybe high for SW ND ranch-only land, low for beet dirt in the RRV). At $2350/acre a section is about $1.5 million. That's 100 sections of land a year ==> a 10 mile by 10 mile square every year. That's crazy. 

Another way to look at it:

Both the ND Farmers Union (very Democrat) and ND Farm Bureau (very Republican) oppose it. If you can make those two groups agree on something, you're messed up. ;):D

Is the extraction tax really bringing in $3 billion a year?

You think he did the commercial out of the kindness of his heart? :silly:

He doesn't even live in ND or ever will.

"Think". You know what happens when you assume?

Look, I don't support it either but when someone supports what you don't do you have to hate them? Do you have to bash them? Especially a person I know you used to love as an athlete coming from our favorite team!

That's all I'm pointing out...

"Think". You know what happens when you assume?

Look, I don't support it either but when someone supports what you don't do you have to hate them? Do you have to bash them? Especially a person I know you used to love as an athlete coming from our favorite team!

That's all I'm pointing out...

Who said anything about "hate"?  Only you.  We are pointing out that he is supporting a terrible bill and is therefore going to be called out for it.  Nobody said anything about him as a person or hockey player.  He made this decision and now will get lumped into the fire because of it.  

Its really not that big of a deal, as far as Oshie is concerned.  What's sad is that the Measure 5 people had to stoop to signing up an ex-UND hockey player to try to drum up support.  The bill is a big deal and should be treated as such.

http://sayanythingblog.com/entry/measure-5-ads/

Unfortunate situation for these guys....

I didn't realize anyone could use footage first used by the government, for whatever they wish. That doesn't seem right. Wouldn't it be easier and avoid any backlash, to find 4 people in favor of a measure, stick them in a boat, and tell them to wave and smile?

Who said anything about "hate"? Only you. We are pointing out that he is supporting a terrible bill and is therefore going to be called out for it. Nobody said anything about him as a person or hockey player. He made this decision and now will get lumped into the fire because of it.

Its really not that big of a deal, as far as Oshie is concerned. What's sad is that the Measure 5 people had to stoop to signing up an ex-UND hockey player to try to drum up support. The bill is a big deal and should be treated as such.

You better read the other replies, if that ain't hate...?

Just because you replied to me doesn't mean I said YOU used the word " hate".

I never said anyone used the word hate, or meant it that anyway, I said spew hate!

• 2 weeks later...

"As an alternative to Measure 5, Gov. Jack Dalrymple has proposed a plan that would increase the Outdoor Heritage Fund to $50 million for 2015-17 and commit $30.4 million to improving state parks."

I like the governors alternative as I'm a big state park goer.

• Upvote 2

Measure 7.

If I'm reading the political ads right.

For lower prescription drugs vote yes or no.

Win win?! ;)

I get my percriptions at the Moorhead Target. It's nice to get cheap medicine, where if I was to get the same in ND at a CVS or White Drug it would cost a lot more. I voted yes on 7 and encourage everyone to do the same.

With a record number of measures to be voted on in ND unfortunately I got a feeling the uninformed voter might swing some of these because on face value a few are worded tricky...meaning voting yes actually means no.

I get my percriptions at the Moorhead Target. It's nice to get cheap medicine, where if I was to get the same in ND at a CVS or White Drug it would cost a lot more. I voted yes on 7 and encourage everyone to do the same.

You do realize prescription drug costs are negotiated and allowable a are set by Medicare and insurance companies right? If this passes small town pharmacies will close.

Go to Minnesota and how many communities with populations under 1000have an independently owned pharmacy? While most in North Dakota currently do.

Supporting or protecting? Isn't it limiting a free market and restricting competition?

If everyone followed your lead, even if it passed you wouldn't be affected and could still spend those extra dollars.

What if a grocery store had to be owned by a North Dakota farmer.

Not asking you to name drugs but what is the price difference between MHD Target and say White Drug or Southpointe in Fargo?  My wife has had 3-4 prescriptions over the years and everyone of them have been $5, every time at White Drug or Southpointe in Fargo/WF.  

I would like to know what these certain drugs are that cost so much less at Target or Walmart vs. a locally owned pharmacy (not Darrells-speaking generally).  I haven't come across them yet but others must have.

its about supporting small business in ND. What do you want it to be....id rather pay a few extra bucks and know that money stays in Grand Forks/ my hometown to continue to be spent in the local economy, not to corporate headquarters in Arkansas.

You'd still have that option if it passes. No one would be forcing you to buy you prescriptions at a large, out of state owned pharmacy.

Supporting or protecting? Isn't it limiting a free market and restricting competition?

If everyone followed your lead, even if it passed you wouldn't be affected and could still spend those extra dollars.

What if a grocery store had to be owned by a North Dakota farmer.

Like the ND dairy laws that prevents milk for going on sale. It's cheaper across the border.

Not asking you to name drugs but what is the price difference between MHD Target and say White Drug or Southpointe in Fargo? My wife has had 3-4 prescriptions over the years and everyone of them have been $5, every time at White Drug or Southpointe in Fargo/WF.

I would like to know what these certain drugs are that cost so much less at Target or Walmart vs. a locally owned pharmacy (not Darrells-speaking generally). I haven't come across them yet but others must have.

I haven't gotten the prescription at a ND pharmacy so I can't quote you an exact price on the drug. It's an ADD drug and another drug for Tourette's for my son so I assume it's more expensive in ND where there is no competiton within the state compared to every other state that has pharmacies at big box stores. Competition drives down prices.

I haven't gotten the prescription at a ND pharmacy so I can't quote you an exact price on the drug. It's an ADD drug and another drug for Tourette's for my son so I assume it's more expensive in ND where there is no competiton within the state compared to every other state that has pharmacies at big box stores. Competition drives down prices.

Competition doesn't necessarily drive down prices when it comes to prescription drugs. There are allowables that are already set by the insurance plans and Medicare. If 7 passes there will be small town pharmacies that are already making little money making even less. These pharmacies provide a service that wal mart 100 miles away cannot.

• Upvote 1