SiouxSports.com Forum

UND at a rainy MSU

geaux_sioux

Take away the defense scoring and we scored a whopping 12 points. Is 12 going to win in the BSC? Nope!

The fact UND's defense scored off a top 10 FCS offense should be something to get happy about. Oh, and UND has shown to be able to win with 11 or so offensive points at home in the Alerus this year.

Absolutely! Given how Montana State ran away with the last two games, everyone should be very pleased. Bubba has already turned around the defense and the rest of the team is not far behind. Good things lie ahead.

Defense is playing awesome, the best in a long time, but our offense is very far behind. I know Bubba and the other coaches are trying do mold an offense but it is going to take a lot of time. With UM, and EWU still ahead the offense needs to mature quick.

Sorry I ran out of kool-aid, will you borrow me some.

You mean lend? Nobody was passing out kool-aid until negative Nancy decided to join the discussion. Heck, I don't consider it kool-aid to say our defense looked good and our offense will improve as the year goes on.

You mean lend? Nobody was passing out kool-aid until negative Nancy decided to join the discussion. Heck, I don't consider it kool-aid to say our defense looked good and our offense will improve as the year goes on.

Please tell me how did the offense improved? Because we went from zero points against Missouri St to 18 today? This offense is worse than last year. It's the defense that is keeping UND into games. The offense hasn't done crap in 5 games. How many TD passes does Mollberg have? How many rushing TD's does this team have? If you average one of those a game you have NO offense. Sorry to be a realist. But I'm not getting my hopes up on this team like last year until the offense arrives...and it hasn't yet.

Absolutely! Given how Montana State ran away with the last two games vs. UND, everyone should be very pleased. Bubba has already turned around the defense and the rest of the team is not far behind. Good things lie ahead.

NO ONE had this game down as a winnable one this year - we have seen improvements over last year - wonder how long it will take the trolls to come over here and quote some of the comments elsewhere as once more proof of their superiority.

Please tell me how did the offense improved? Because we went from zero points against Missouri St to 18 today? This offense is worse than last year. It's the defense that is keeping UND into games. The offense hasn't done crap in 5 games. How many TD passes does Mollberg have? How many rushing TD's does this team have? If you average one of those a game you have NO offense. Sorry to be a realist. But I'm not getting my hopes up on this team like last year until the offense arrives...and it hasn't yet.

So I was joking earlier, but seriously, did a bison fan get a hold of your account? Your reading comprehension is worse than usual. Where did anyone say the offense is better than last year? We lost 3 top flight receivers, our top 2 RBs are injured, and we're undergoing a complete change in philosophy. Everybody knew this was going to be a long year. Nobody thought we would be remotely competitive with Montana State. Look at the predictions thread. There were good things to pick out of this game. There were many bad things on offense and a few on defense to take from the game. It's a rebuilding year. Stop being a baby just because the team isn't a world beater 9 months removed from being so bad the coach was fired.

Defense plays well enough at home that UND will have a chance in all home games, including next weekend's tilt versus Montana. As for the road, the only very tough left is versus Eastern Washington. UND is 2-3 after 5 games, so I'm certainly not going to complain. I honestly see this team getting way better.

I just don't get how you can see a team that has been blown out in Big Sky road games the past couple seasons now play tough against a top 25 FCS team on the road and yet complain. This team is honestly improving game by game. Just imagine next season with all of the returners.

Maybe I expected more from the offense, it was hard to watch getting a yard here and a yard there. I was hoping for a miracle at the end only down 11. Bubba's offense needs a spark where we see a 100 yd rusher or Mollberg throwing 4 touchdowns. That would be great to see. Its blackout day so I'm hoping for a loud crowd, and an upset. Maybe another pick 6 by Tillman to get the crowd electric.

Maybe I expected more from the offense, it was hard to watch getting a yard here and a yard there. I was hoping for a miracle at the end only down 11. Bubba's offense needs a spark where we see a 100 yd rusher or Mollberg throwing 4 touchdowns. That would be great to see. Its blackout day so I'm hoping for a loud crowd, and an upset. Maybe another pick 6 by Tillman to get the crowd electric.

The offense has been anemic, but ultimately the TEAM has been playing much better than they did last year. Bubba has the TEAM improving, especially the defense. If this young team can play like they did today, just imagine after a year or two and UND has additional talent.

• Upvote 1

You predicted UND to lose 38-3. They lost 29-18. They exceeded your prediction by two scores on both sides of the scoreboard. Get some perspective. No one is saying they are satisfied but only being able to see negatives sure must be a terrible way to look at things.
  • Upvote 3

I was at the game.  When I parked a couple from the next car was getting out at the same time.  They are Bobcat fans and we talked a bit.  I told them I would be surprise if the Bobcats score 30 points and would be delight if we scored 17 points. They looked at me like I was crazy.  I saw them after the game and they are believers that are team is impressive.  At halftime I overheard many express comments about our defense.  All we impressed.

If Milberg hadn't thrown the pick 6.  Bobcats would have 23 points.

If our drive in 2nd half on the 15 yd line and a penalty and sack lead to a GF.  Had we score a TD we would have been 22 points with an extra point rather than a GF.

That was impressive improvement.  We have a chance next week.  I believe we will be 6-6 this year.  That would be a very good first year.  Nordberg has some nice runs.  I saw some OL blocking down field.  WE are making more that baby steps for sure.

I was at the game. When I parked a couple from the next car was getting out at the same time. They are Bobcat fans and we talked a bit. I told them I would be surprise if the Bobcats score 30 points and would be delight if we scored 17 points. They looked at me like I was crazy. I saw them after the game and they are believers that are team is impressive. At halftime I overheard many express comments about our defense. All we impressed.

If Milberg hadn't thrown the pick 6. Bobcats would have 23 points.

If our drive in 2nd half on the 15 yd line and a penalty and sack lead to a GF. Had we score a TD we would have been 22 points with an extra point rather than a GF.

That was impressive improvement. We have a chance next week. I believe we will be 6-6 this year. That would be a very good first year. Nordberg has some nice runs. I saw some OL blocking down field. WE are making more that baby steps for sure.

I agree. That 6-6 mark is very obtainable. I think winning seasons are right around the corner, folks!
  • Upvote 1

I was at the game.  When I parked a couple from the next car was getting out at the same time.  They are Bobcat fans and we talked a bit.  I told them I would be surprise if the Bobcats score 30 points and would be delight if we scored 17 points. They looked at me like I was crazy.  I saw them after the game and they are believers that are team is impressive.  At halftime I overheard many express comments about our defense.  All we impressed.

If Milberg hadn't thrown the pick 6.  Bobcats would have 23 points.

If our drive in 2nd half on the 15 yd line and a penalty and sack lead to a GF.  Had we score a TD we would have been 22 points with an extra point rather than a GF.

That was impressive improvement.  We have a chance next week.  I believe we will be 6-6 this year.  That would be a very good first year.  Nordberg has some nice runs.  I saw some OL blocking down field.  WE are making more that baby steps for sure.

Are you kidding???  6-6 would not be a good first year but a phenomenal first year. Some people thought we would go 0-12. 6-6 would give UND some respect in the Big Sky and the chances of competing next year for the playoffs would increase. UND has 3 road games left and 2 of those are beatable if the offense does indeed improve as the season continues.   

Are you kidding???  6-6 would not be a good first year but a phenomenal first year. Some people thought we would go 0-12. 6-6 would give UND some respect in the Big Sky and the chances of competing next year for the playoffs would increase. UND has 3 road games left and 2 of those are beatable if the offense does indeed improve as the season continues.

6-6 might even shut you up for a while.

Showed promise, not enough. That team did put up 50 pts on EWU. If offense can drive, even without scoring every time it would help the defense to not start around midfield.

What were the weather conditions last weekend?  Eden Prairie could put up 50 on EWU's pathetic defense. 

Good effort by the team today.  Eliminate several mistakes and this is an even closer game.  Michigan, on the other hand...good grief.  That offense is supposed to be Big 10?