SiouxSports.com Forum

UND at a rainy MSU

geaux_sioux

Did anyone notice our 2 point play? What a great play. The defense had no chance.

That was a great play, part of me almost wished he saved that for a game...where the game was on the line and it was for a win or a tie or something.  But yeah that was a great call, and getting the two was pretty big there to get us to 11. 

I know you feel sticking with Mollberg is the right move but what do you think of Norberg? Also, what's your thoughts on what needs to be done with the OL?

I think using Norberg as a pounder.....and then using the other guys as a chance of pace could work well.   It was awesome to see that one play....think it was 3rd & 4.....in the third quarter and the offensive line made a hole big enough for a bus to drive through....that was nice to see!

Great to see the improvements on both sides of the ball this week.

If they are gonna lose, it is nice to have a conference loss we don't have to be ashamed of for a change.

Regarding the QB situation, I go back and forth on this.  On the one hand, you would be hard pressed to convince me that if it were a linebacker playing as poorly as Joe has been that bubba would allow him to continue to be a starter.  That said, I don't think the alternative would be a significant improvement.  They know what they have in both guys so I guess they are just gonna go with it.  However, someone wrote earlier that Joe has the potential to be a "dominant" qb at this level?  He is so freaking far off from that kind of hyperbole it is laughable to read that.  Joe is scarcely holding on to a starting job with a team that is in the lower half of the conference, let alone on a path to dominance at the fcs level.  Joe hasn't shown he can execute the most basic of qb duties on even a proficient level yet.  The bar is set so low now, if he simply would stop throwing it to the other team we would probably award him the game ball.

Great to see the improvements on both sides of the ball this week.

If they are gonna lose, it is nice to have a conference loss we don't have to be ashamed of for a change.

Regarding the QB situation, I go back and forth on this. On the one hand, you would be hard pressed to convince me that if it were a linebacker playing as poorly as Joe has been that bubba would allow him to continue to be a starter. That said, I don't think the alternative would be a significant improvement. They know what they have in both guys so I guess they are just gonna go with it. However, someone wrote earlier that Joe has the potential to be a "dominant" qb at this level? He is so freaking far off from that kind of hyperbole it is laughable to read that. Joe is scarcely holding on to a starting job with a team that is in the lower half of the conference, let alone on a path to dominance at the fcs level. Joe hasn't shown he can execute the most basic of qb duties on even a proficient level yet. The bar is set so low now, if he simply would stop throwing it to the other team we would probably award him the game ball.

UND has a legitimate opportunity to finish in the top half of the Big Sky this season. That would exceed expectations and really mean well for UND under Bubba moving forward.

Have to see how the team does moving forward, but if they build off their play vs. Montana State, UND will definitely win a few more games this season.

UND has a legitimate opportunity to finish in the top half of the Big Sky this season. That would exceed expectations and really mean well for UND under Bubba moving forward.

Have to see how the team does moving forward, but if they build off their play vs. Montana State, UND will definitely win a few more games this season.

They need two conference wins by the time Weber comes to town on Nov 8th.  I think that is doable.  If they only have 1 win at that time there will be blood in the water, and it will be very difficult to get back in the boat.

Just wanted to stop by with a few comments after the game.

UND's defense came to play, they were as good as advertised.  We couldn't get any push up the middle, and your speed sideline to sideline kept Prukop and Johnson from breaking anything.  

If UND can find an offense they will be a solid team.  Your QB had a good arm and throws a nice deep ball but he threw a pick six and legimitely could have thrown 2-3 more if our guys hadn't flat out dropped them.  

I pity the team that gets behind to UND, that will be a hard hole to dig out of.  UND is a team built to maintain a lead.

I'm happy MSU came out with the win, my prediction of 28-16 was pretty close!  We were without both our outside starting WRs, a solid second string WR who has played quite a bit, our backup RB who has just 9 less carries than our starter but who has scored 6 TDs, our starting DT, and a on and off starting true freshman DE who was also out.  We had 2 true freshman starting at WR, we are very depleted there.  So I am very happy we were able to produce enough to win.

Good luck the rest of the way out, and good luck against Montana next week, although I'm afraid that one could get ugly.  Montana's defense is for real, and they have some serious playmakers on offense.
  • Upvote 3

Just wanted to stop by with a few comments after the game.

UND's defense came to play, they were as good as advertised.  We couldn't get any push up the middle, and your speed sideline to sideline kept Prukop and Johnson from breaking anything.  

If UND can find an offense they will be a solid team.  Your QB had a good arm and throws a nice deep ball but he threw a pick six and legimitely could have thrown 2-3 more if our guys hadn't flat out dropped them.  

I pity the team that gets behind to UND, that will be a hard hole to dig out of.  UND is a team built to maintain a lead.

I'm happy MSU came out with the win, my prediction of 28-16 was pretty close!  We were without both our outside starting WRs, a solid second string WR who has played quite a bit, our backup RB who has just 9 less carries than our starter but who has scored 6 TDs, our starting DT, and a on and off starting true freshman DE who was also out.  We had 2 true freshman starting at WR, we are very depleted there.  So I am very happy we were able to produce enough to win.

Good luck the rest of the way out, and good luck against Montana next week, although I'm afraid that one could get ugly.  Montana's defense is for real, and they have some serious playmakers on offense.

We play about 8 or 9 true freshmen (they don't all start), too, so we can certainly identify with your comments.  Winner, winner, chicken dinner on your prediction (28-16).

Good luck to you, too, the rest of your season and thanks for coming on our site to add some solid comments to the discussion.

Was bow hunting along the Lil Mo SW of Amidon. Listened to game on the Bobcat radio network. Good step in right direction overall for UND from what I heard. Their radio guys were very complimentary of our D especially in 2nd half. Also commented our O looked better playing w urgency in 2nd half. They though UND D TD was horrible call.

Off topic...open faced hot beef w fries and gravy at Trappers in Belfield is still tough to beat.

Was bow hunting along the Lil Mo SW of Amidon. Listened to game on the Bobcat radio network. Good step in right direction overall for UND from what I heard. Their radio guys were very complimentary of our D especially in 2nd half. Also commented our O looked better playing w urgency in 2nd half. They though UND D TD was horrible call.

Off topic...open faced hot beef w fries and gravy at Trappers in Belfield is still tough to beat.

The UND fumble on the long pass play was a terrible call right before that. MSU should have never had possession.

So - who  would you cast to play him in the movie?

Well from what I observed in the Dickinson and Belfield areas recently and having lived in Williston before, I'll say a mix between Seth Rogen and Vanilla Ice.

One would assume that, but I've heard Scott Miller say a number of times that plays are only reviewable at venues that have the capabilities. He said last week that Littlejohn would have remained ejected at some sites in the MVFC. He didn't elaborate, though. Makes no sense that it is adopted if it isn't an option at all conference venues.

The MVFC is in the pilot phase right now, which means that replay is only at certain venues. WIU for example doesn't have it. Next year though it will be expanded conference wide.