SiouxSports.com Forum

Western Regional

SOL

Mankato wouldn't have to play St. Cloud in this scenario.  With 6 NCHC teams, the NCAA won't worry about first-round NCHC match-ups.  They did it a few years ago in Wisconsin, and they'd do it again.

Well. Things will obviously change over the next few weeks but the NCAA will try and do everything it can to avoid first round conference vs. conference matchups. In 2008 you had a unique scenario where the #2 seeds were CC, DU, SCSU, and BC with BC being a host team and you had Bucky and Minnesota as #3 seeds with Bucky hosting, along with Sparty and Clarkson....so the DU and Bucky first round matchup was unavoidable. The committee has no problems moving a team within there seed from 12 to 9 and vice versa but they have been very hesitant to ever switch around a 12 and 13 or a 9 and a 8 for some reason?

http://undakota.imodules.com/controls/email_marketing/admin/email_marketing_email_viewer.aspx?sid=1652&gid=2&eiid=257&seiid=113&usearchive=1&puid=b4bbbad2-8ae3-45a0-9c6e-037b58ebca5d&csid=275583

From Chamipons club today.  At least the message is the same.  I called last week about the other team tickets that are returned, because i heard a rumor there was a list for those.  Not the case.  They go to the arena for public sale it seems. 

THAT'S GONNA GO WELL AGAIN!

I was there too. Bobby Smith beat the crap out of some shrimp on the national team. Played a game there as a pee wee before the semi pro team they had played there. I'm guessing around 73' or so.

As a young hockey player, that fight was awesome to see.  I think that game was in the early 80's.  

http://undakota.imodules.com/controls/email_marketing/admin/email_marketing_email_viewer.aspx?sid=1652&gid=2&eiid=257&seiid=113&usearchive=1&puid=b4bbbad2-8ae3-45a0-9c6e-037b58ebca5d&csid=275583

From Chamipons club today.  At least the message is the same.  I called last week about the other team tickets that are returned, because i heard a rumor there was a list for those.  Not the case.  They go to the arena for public sale it seems. 

THAT'S GONNA GO WELL AGAIN!

I hope the champions club doesn't feel entitled to remaining tickets.  I sure would like a shot at them too.  

http://undakota.imodules.com/controls/email_marketing/admin/email_marketing_email_viewer.aspx?sid=1652&gid=2&eiid=257&seiid=113&usearchive=1&puid=b4bbbad2-8ae3-45a0-9c6e-037b58ebca5d&csid=275583 From Chamipons club today. At least the message is the same. I called last week about the other team tickets that are returned, because i heard a rumor there was a list for those. Not the case. They go to the arena for public sale it seems. THAT'S GONNA GO WELL AGAIN!

How can the other teams return tickets when they dont know what teams will be there (aka no teams have tickets yet).

How can the other teams return tickets when they dont know what teams will be there (aka no teams have tickets yet).

I would wait and see which teams are assigned to Fargo and then try and buy tickets through their athletic departments. Depending on what kind of following they have you may be able to pick them up this way.

I think the champions club should be rewarded for donating to the athletic department. 

Which they already were.  If a club member didn't get tickets through the first round, then don't give them a second, third and so on.  People are gouging prices for these tickets and this will give the normal joe a chance.  

Which they already were.  If a club member didn't get tickets through the first round, then don't give them a second, third and so on.  People are gouging prices for these tickets and this will give the normal joe a chance.  

Perhaps the difficulty of getting tickets will entice normal joe's to donate.

A lot of Champion's Club members never got a chance to get tickets in the first go round.  Tickets were long gone well before they got through the list of Club members.  We have been Club members for about 15 years and we didn't have a chance to get tickets (I know because we tried).  They only had 2,500 tickets to distribute and Champion's Club members buy something like 7,000 season tickets every year.

A lot of Champion's Club members never got a chance to get tickets in the first go round.  Tickets were long gone well before they got through the list of Club members.  We have been Club members for about 15 years and we didn't have a chance to get tickets (I know because we tried).  They only had 2,500 tickets to distribute and Champion's Club members buy something like 7,000 season tickets every year.

looks to me like UND has a supply demand issue.  Now I am hoping that I have an open chance at the left over tickets.

It's all paved lots as far as I know. If you haven't been by the arena in 5 years, you'll be surprised how much development has popped up around there.

It was St Clair's last year there before joining the Sioux (so 4 years ago?). Was in a nearby pub watching the Sioux loss to Yale a couple years ago, but didn't drive over to the arena

At any rate, very little paved parking 4 years ago, so you were routed around to the west and north of the arena through mud and muck, then had to walk back through the mess to the arena. Would guess the parking has been expanded/improved since then

It was St Clair's last year there before joining the Sioux (so 4 years ago?). Was in a nearby pub watching the Sioux loss to Yale a couple years ago, but didn't drive over to the arena

At any rate, very little paved parking 4 years ago, so you were routed around to the west and north of the arena through mud and muck, then had to walk back through the mess to the arena. Would guess the parking has been expanded/improved since then

Actually still just paved on the south side.  West is still gravel, which can be fine, or a mud hole depending on weather.  West side was never paved due to the expansion sheets that were to be added.  Now, finally, one sheet is going to be...

During the Force season Bulldog Tap runs a shuttle bus, but I expect a few more places to do it for the regional.

looks to me like UND has a supply demand issue.  Now I am hoping that I have an open chance at the left over tickets.

In the same sense, normal joe's had a chance to get tickets as well, there were tickets released for purchase to the general public.  Pretty sure those are the majority of the ones that you are seeing going on sale with the huge prices, not the ones that went to Champions Club members.  The whole thing is a supply/demand issue, not just with the Champions Club.  The returned tickets will be returned to the box office and be released for sale to everyone but I would have no issue with priority being given to Champions Club members who didn't get tickets the first time through.

In the same sense, normal joe's had a chance to get tickets as well, there were tickets released for purchase to the general public.  Pretty sure those are the majority of the ones that you are seeing going on sale with the huge prices, not the ones that went to Champions Club members.  The whole thing is a supply/demand issue, not just with the Champions Club.  The returned tickets will be returned to the box office and be released for sale to everyone but I would have no issue with priority being given to Champions Club members who didn't get tickets the first time through.

I think they should have taken names and done a lottery when they initially went on sale to the public.  Goodness knows it was random who got them to begin with, as some got tickets long after others had been denied during the process.  Wouldn't mind them doing the same for the second time around, because it wouldn't upset people so much that stood in line or tried to get online to get tickets.  At least you wouldn't have to go through an irritating process and come out of it feeling like the whole process was a sham.