SiouxSports.com Forum

FBS games

darell1976

I believe he has the biggest buyout in all of college football.  All those rumors of him going to nfl paid off.

5-3 all time against Illinois

7-5 against Indiana

6-7 against Northwestern

7-4 against Purdue

7-9 against Iowa State

-------

32-28 against what most folks would consider mediocre teams (yea, I know, I'm leaving out 10-5 against Minnesota, so I'm kind of cherry picking).  Then he pulls this out of his hat:

6-5 against Michigan

7-6 against Michigan State

8-4 against Penn State

6-7 against Wisconsin

-------

27-22 against the upper-echelon of the Big 10 (again, cherry picking as I'm leaving out his 1-8 record against Ohio State).  But still...

Highest-paid employee in the state of Iowa.  I can't figure it out...

2 orange bowls for Iowa in 6 years made him alot of money.  If bohl works out in wyoming, thats another job that he'll be at the front of the line for.

The 2002 team would have been undefeated were it not for an early-season home loss to...you got it, the Iowa State Cyclones.  That team wound up losing to USC in the Orange Bowl and finished with 2 losses on the season. 

That 2009 team was rolling along until losing to...wait for it...Northwestern...at home.  The Hawkeyes followed that loss up with another loss at home the next weekend to Ohio State.

Not sure how I missed reporting this incident from last weekend, but did anyone else catch the Texas/UCLA coin toss?

UCLA wins the toss and defers to the 2nd half.

Tank Johnson promptly tells referee that Texas will kick off to start the game.

The referee actually turns OFF his microphone and tries explaining to Tank what's happening.

Tank doesn't budge...Texas kicks off.  And then UCLA elects to receive the ball again in the second half.

D'oh!

So Kansas State's head coach, Bill Snyder, is claiming that Auburn was stealing signals in the first half of the game last night.

Because everyone knows what plays were coming in when they held up that big poster board with the pictures of Elvis Presley, a Big Mac, a duck and an Oreo on it. 

<Man crush on Chip Kelly>

Not sure how I missed reporting this incident from last weekend, but did anyone else catch the Texas/UCLA coin toss?

UCLA wins the toss and defers to the 2nd half.

Tank Johnson promptly tells referee that Texas will kick off to start the game.

The referee actually turns OFF his microphone and tries explaining to Tank what's happening.

Tank doesn't budge...Texas kicks off.  And then UCLA elects to receive the ball again in the second half.

D'oh!

True MasterCard moment ... Priceless!

Given the state of the NFL, and this guy who can't stay out of trouble, the whistling sound in Tallahassee this week is the sound of Winston's NFL draft status in freefall.

What's truly sad is FSU students trying to "out" the original tweet that got this snowball headed down the hill. Jameis has the football ability of a 25 year old...and apparently the maturity of a 16 year old.