SiouxSports.com Forum

2014-2015 College Hockey (non UND hockey)

MafiaMan

Omaha is mavpuck.com

Du has no board

Duluth used to but I don't think it's still In use

Scsuhockey.com

What happened to umdpenaltybox.com?

Not sure if there's really a forum but letsgodu.blogspot.com was a good source for Pioneer hockey - been a while since I've been there though.

Can anybody point me toward other NCHC hockey message boards like Denver, UMD, UNO, etc.?? I know where the WMU folks hangout buy looking for the siouxsports equivalent of the others.

Thanks.

I never did get a reply back from your folks on the Miami board regarding registration - I tried to register three times.

What happened to umdpenaltybox.com?

Not sure if there's really a forum but letsgodu.blogspot.com was a good source for Pioneer hockey - been a while since I've been there though.

Number of posters declined and only a few dedicated people posted so it was shut down. 

I never did get a reply back from your folks on the Miami board regarding registration - I tried to register three times.

"So: if you just signed up for an account and want to post, PLEASE send an e-mail to chuck@miamihawktalk.com, and I will try to get you activated ASAP. If you don't send an e-mail to me, understand that we may miss you, and -- if you're a visiting fan -- you may not be able to post before the game you're here to post about. So send those e-mails!

EDIT: You can also e-mail devilgrad@miamihawktalk.com, and he'll get back to you in a day or two. Same for mattsledge@gmail.com."

http://www.miamihawktalk.com/discussion/viewtopic.php?t=54382

Email those three above, be persistent but courteous.

HA! That's actually quite funny! :D

Boone was like a child to Goddard and took it personal that Boone wasn't going to be the mascot for the Pioneers.  

Here's Goddard's quote: 

"There's no point in having the blog if we don't have Boone," said Damien Goddard, the LetsGoDU founder and DU graduate, class of 1989, who spearheaded the "Bring Back Boone" campaign in 2008. "Boone and the blog have become intertwined, and you can't have one without the other. And it's silly to have two mascots. If the school is going to march down this path of political correctness, we decided to let them go down that path alone."

The funny thing is Boone was retired in 98.

Let's Go DU! was a great source for all things anti-CC and ESPECIALLY anti-North Dakota. I loved reading DU fans' posts about how dumb and in-bred North Dakota fans are. The same tired jokes we've all heard before. The venom spewed by some of the DU fans (Goddard not included), was pretty sad, really.

That said, I miss Let's Go DU! For the information we could get about DU hockey as well as the administration's stance toward Boone.

somewhere Scott Owens has to be sitting back with a big smile and thinking, How do you like me now? CC is an absolute joke right now.

Haviland doesn't have much to work with right now. If they are playing this way in a few years, then we should be talking coaching change.

I'm going to go out on a limb and predict CC will play with some pride this Friday at DU. The odds are against CC winning but I bet it will be decided by less than 2 goals (which would be huge considering four of their six losses have been by more than four goals).

Haviland doesn't have much to work with right now. If they are playing this way in a few years, then we should be talking coaching change.

I'm going to go out on a limb and predict CC will play with some pride this Friday at DU. The odds are against CC winning but I bet it will be decided by less than 2 goals (which would be huge considering four of their six losses have been by more than four goals).

Even though CC was a joke last year, they did sweep the 2nd half series against DU. And at that point, the writing was basically on the wall for their season (as well as Scotty's coaching tenure.)

Did you at least have a good time at Mariucci? I assume you're a casual Irish hockey fan too, right?

Of course. I liked seeing the Herb Brooks stuff and some of the other memorabilia. Would like to go more than once every 17 or 18 years from now on.

Only complaints, no beer. Me and my dad were really expecting beer. And Notre Dame just wasnt competitive.

Very casual fan. Usually check in to see how they are doing a couple times a month. If they make the tourney I'll try to make time to watch.