SiouxSports.com Forum

Future UND/ Bison football Game

Dagger

Bresciani has to postion NDSU to be in good graces with the Big Sky.  The Big Sky won't put up with an AD who has it in for one of its schools.  NDSU had to do an about face to go FBS with the Big Sky.  NDSU doesn't want to saddle the next AD with having to make up to UND.  This is the only opening as they start interviewing AD candidates next week and NDSU doesn't want this brought up to the candidates.

If NDSU gets in the Big Sky, the league will schedule NDSU in Grand Forks  in 2017 or 2018 and NDSU will still have to pay UND for the 2019 FargoDome that they normally would have got for free.

Did I miss something? I didn't know that NDSU was trying to get into the BSC... 

I said the very same thing nut Southpaw wants to run this board and won't put up with that kind of talk.  He says he doesn't want speculation.  As if sports message board are all speculation.  That's why people visit them.

Bresciani has to postion NDSU to be in good graces with the Big Sky.  The Big Sky won't put up with an AD who has it in for one of its schools.  NDSU had to do an about face to go FBS with the Big Sky.  NDSU doesn't want to saddle the next AD with having to make up to UND.  This is the only opening as they start interviewing AD candidates next week and NDSU doesn't want this brought up to the candidates.

If NDSU gets in the Big Sky, the league will schedule NDSU in Grand Forks  in 2017 or 2018 and NDSU will still have to pay UND for the 2019 FargoDome that they normally would have got for free.

Seems reasonable 

all hail faison

good ole boys got reports that bubs was instructed by Faison to say what he said to balance the books

figures as we haven't donate dmuch in recent years

What a load of baloney. Faison asked the FB alumni last month in Prior Lake if we wanted to resume the rivalry if it meant we play them in Fargo twice. I stated I wouldn't cuz the game is no longer going to have the same flavor with both teams trying to win their conference title and make the playoffs. I said get better and we will play them in the playoffs. Bubba said he would rather play the game even if we played in Fargo. Once he said that I said if our coaches want to play them then play them. A lot of guys said we will play them anytime anywhere. Bubba wasn't instructed to say anything by Faison. Quit making crap up.

• Upvote 3

Did I miss something? I didn't know that NDSU was trying to get into the BSC... 

Yeah, FU has no desire to get into the BSC and UND has not desire to get into the MVFC.  (plus Peak conference or whatever...)  

Both fan bases should quit this gibberish.  Sounds like people are doing too many jager shots with fraudulent credit cards...

• Upvote 1

He wasn't the only one to get the leak, he was just "Jamel one the Spot" and got it out first. The rest poured in shortly thereafter, they were just a bit late to the game.

I call information given to the press without being asked and not in the context of a press release or presser a leak, a that is what it was, and it did not come from NDSU.

oh simple CAS - you're such a !@#!$!!  In 2 days Bozoville has had 725 RESPONSES to their version of the ndsu/und thread but you guys "aren't worried" about playing UND.   REALLY???  Sounds like there's a lot of very nervous hand-wringing going on over there on a LOT of levels...BUT I have the cure!

Beat UND by 70 points next year and this "rivalry" is done.  It's that simple!  You did it to MSU-Moorhead (or whatever they're called these days) many years ago and they never played them again.   It was a gross mismatch and you had your official excuse to never play them again - done and done.  So all you have to do next year is beat UND by 70 points and no worries!  I'm SURE you guys can do it - you're SO GREAT I'm sure you're not scared at all even a rebuilding UND team might challenge you in ways you haven't thought of since...oh, the days when UND coaches figured you guys out and embarassed you on the fb field for more than a decade until you ran away from US like little girls and found "excuses" of your own not to play again.  You've been the real chickens - not us - so put up or shut up you overconfident jack*sses!   Lets settle it on the field!

(ps - LAKES is a pussy)

• Upvote 3

Don't you have that person confused with the third rate felon Suzy Chapstick?  :D

perhaps but fortunately my lips feel lubricated and fantastic!  So I'm OK!:-)

BEST part is he's blaming "Mathew Prakash" on their moronic website for this decision without knowing his actual name (Hello - welcome to learning about his East INDIAN :whistling:  heritage)   Might have wanted to do a little research there idiot! :silly:

lakes=ULTIMATE !@#!$!!   Thank you...come again!

What a load of baloney. Faison asked the FB alumni last month in Prior Lake if we wanted to resume the rivalry if it meant we play them in Fargo twice. I stated I wouldn't cuz the game is no longer going to have the same flavor with both teams trying to win their conference title and make the playoffs. I said get better and we will play them in the playoffs. Bubba said he would rather play the game even if we played in Fargo. Once he said that I said if our coaches want to play them then play them. A lot of guys said we will play them anytime anywhere. Bubba wasn't instructed to say anything by Faison. Quit making crap up.

This is 100% true.  One would have hoped that Faison would have had the ability as an AD to not lead with emotion on this issue and sign a contract that will severely limit his ability to negotiate games in the future.   However, Faison has no idea how to do his job and quite frankly is a large part of the reason this program has deteriorated to the point it has.  

It's apparent from NDSU's press conference that the offer was more or less Gene Taylor's last insult to UND before he walked out the door and, unfortunately, thanks to our AD and head coach we were stupid enough to accept it.  We accepted an offer that was intended to be an insult.  That's where this program is at right now.  Also, any UND fan, administrator, or coach that thinks they will ever play a game in GF needs to have their head examined.  

I'm a UND football alum and a season ticket holder so it's incredibly painful to watch this university continue to be mismanaged.  This university just isn't serious about football.  I'm tired of the kool aid drinkers who continue to think that this program will improve or somehow catch NDSU while we continue to do the same stupid !@#$ that got us in this place.  Let's be honest this program won't catch NDSU by having the fourth highest coaching salaries in the Big Sky.  This program won't even win the Big Sky that way.  This program won't catch NDSU as long as our football program's offices, locker room, and weight room continue to be in our cramped, broken down old stadium.  Hell, fixing an obvious problem like that isn't even in the initial phase of the new IPF as the locker rooms and football offices aren't even in Phase I of the project.  We like to pretend that we have some grand scheme of catching NDSU but our plan is essentially the same tired plan of hoping for NDSU falter while trying to run our own program on a shoestring budget.  It's a tired joke.

I'm of the opinion that really the best thing that can come of this game is that they beat us so fucking bad next year that our alumni and administration are so embarrassed that they finally get off their asses and start trying to change the way we do things around here.  If that's what it takes for this university and community to invest in this program then so be it.    

• Upvote 3

When that happened between 1993-2003 it resulted in NDSU going to Division I-AA.

UND's program caught ndsu at the lowly scholarship level of 36.  I'm pretty confident that UND won't catch up to NDSU's level at 63 scholarships or higher.  UND isnt willing or able to stretch for football like NDSU has proven they can.  If NDSU isn't on a path upward by 2020 beyond fcs, I'll be shocked.  NDSU won't sit back for long if they cant get games vs the top level now that they have tasted success vs the top level.

Auburn football 2012:  3-9 overall, 0-8 SEC.  49-0 loss to Alabama in the Iron Bowl.

Auburn football 2013:  12-2 overall, 7-1 SEC.  34-28 win over Alabama in the Iron Bowl.  And about 30 seconds away from winning a national title.

That's the difference a new year can make. 

UND's program caught ndsu at the lowly scholarship level of 36.  I'm pretty confident that UND won't catch up to NDSU's level at 63 scholarships or higher.  UND isnt willing or able to stretch for football like NDSU has proven they can.  If NDSU isn't on a path upward by 2020 beyond fcs, I'll be shocked.  NDSU won't sit back for long if they cant get games vs the top level now that they have tasted success vs the top level.

I've been trying to figure out the current number of scholarships offered by the UND football program.  I've come up with 36, but that was a few years ago.  I'd like to see the number for 2014.  But, in that respect, I could see this game next year possibly affecting the number of football scholarships offered by UND.  

Let's say that FU crushes UND in 2015.  What better motivation for UND alumni to help catch up to FU in the number of scholarships offered?   

What if UND pulls out a victory with 36 scholarships?  Then, would that motivate UND alumni to cough up the $$$ for more, or would it make them complacent, believing that they have contributed enough already.  

Personally, I see UND alumni coughing up more $$$$ to match the 63 in the future.  Let's face it, UND is a hockey school first, but UND alums hate losing to FU in football. Now that the games are scheduled, there is motivation.  They want to keep FU at about a 20 game deficit to the flagship, the University of North Dakota.

Yeah, FU has no desire to get into the BSC and UND has not desire to get into the MVFC.  (plus Peak conference or whatever...)  

Both fan bases should quit this gibberish.  Sounds like people are doing too many jager shots with fraudulent credit cards...

for a team not wanting into the bsc (ndac) they sure are scheduling a lot of bsc teams?

I've been trying to figure out the current number of scholarships offered by the UND football program.  I've come up with 36, but that was a few years ago.  I'd like to see the number for 2014.  But, in that respect, I could see this game next year possibly affecting the number of football scholarships offered by UND.  

Let's say that FU crushes UND in 2015.  What better motivation for UND alumni to help catch up to FU in the number of scholarships offered?   

What if UND pulls out a victory with 36 scholarships?  Then, would that motivate UND alumni to cough up the $$$ for more, or would it make them complacent, believing that they have contributed enough already.  

Personally, I see UND alumni coughing up more $$$$ to match the 63 in the future.  Let's face it, UND is a hockey school first, but UND alums hate losing to FU in football. Now that the games are scheduled, there is motivation.  They want to keep FU at about a 20 game deficit to the flagship, the University of North Dakota.

Not sure if you are being serious or not, but North Dakota is fully funded with 63 scholarships.

Not sure if you are being serious or not, but North Dakota is fully funded with 63 scholarships.

Like I said, I was not sure.  I've been trying to find the number for 2014.  Some older information for fundraising shows them at 36 pushing for full funding.  

NDSU fans dillusional as per usual regarding the Johannson commitment to Minnesota. Forum believed the kid when he said it came down to NDSU or Gophers. He was making the Bison faithful feel good. It was really down to Nebraska or Minnesota. Quality of a degree from Minnesota or SU. FBS opponents each week or combo fcs/D II? Ya right. Just so UND fans don't get too smug. When's the last time Gophers lost a hockey recruit they really wanted to UND. In hockey Minnesota doesn't recruit they choose. Back to fargo. Minnesota has picked who they wanted there going back to Bobby Stroup and Justin Conzemius and before that also. NDSU in football and UND in hockey have inflated sense of self storage

NDSU fans dillusional as per usual regarding the Johannson commitment to Minnesota. Forum believed the kid when he said it came down to NDSU or Gophers. He was making the Bison faithful feel good. It was really down to Nebraska or Minnesota. Quality of a degree from Minnesota or SU. FBS opponents each week or combo fcs/D II? Ya right. Just so UND fans don't get too smug. When's the last time Gophers lost a hockey recruit they really wanted to UND. In hockey Minnesota doesn't recruit they choose. Back to fargo. Minnesota has picked who they wanted there going back to Bobby Stroup and Justin Conzemius and before that also. NDSU in football and UND in hockey have inflated sense of self storage

Zach Parise. 

• Upvote 2