SiouxSports.com Forum

SIOUX vs. FERRIS STATE - Saturday 5:30 ESPNU

AZSIOUX

how about a big time kudos to zane gothberg. Put the 2nd period softy behind him and absolutely carried his team for 2½+ periods of hockey. Way to go ZG, you were the story tonight!

Congrats to the Sioux, Coach Hakstol and his staff, hopefully they can win 2 more in Philly!

• Upvote 3

I'll take my hat off to Ferris State. As a UND fan we've gotten hot goalied to absolute death over the years. We all know how they feel after that one.

I think Ferris is a lot better team than a lot of us thought. Tough tough way to go down when you work a team over for long stretches like they did.

First Star: Zane Gothberg

Second Star: Zane Gothberg

Third Star: Zane Gothberg

Honorable mention.....Connor Gaarder....:D

WHAT A HOCKEY GAME! Finally got a shot through and Gaarder was able to cash in on the rebound. Ferris is definitely a tough and frustrating team to play against. So many blocked shots by them and when you do finally get a solid opportunity they have a great goaltender back there. Thought the reffing was iffy tonight and they let a lot of the interference and holding type stuff go but I don't think it affected the game all that much. Ferris State definitely looked fresher late and I think a big part of that was the difference in types of opponents on Friday and that may be a reason we lost so many individual battles late too. It is real nice to finally be on the other side of a hot goalie stealing a game!