SiouxSports.com Forum

Sioux vs CC - Saturday

Blackheart

Look at the. Bright side if we don't make the NCHC tourney or the NCAA maybe Hak will change how he does things, can't count how many hard off the glass give always the last two games when we had a short pass available.

Off the glass would have been the better choice in OT. You've heard everyone say it a hundred times, make the easy play. Make the pass if it's easy, off the glass if it's not.

• Upvote 1

Not for NHL readiness reasons, but maybe for improving development- Rocco has regressed IMO, Slavin and the Swede for CC look every bit as good as Schmaltz...

Rocco has definitely stalled a bit. I think it has something to do with playing with a freshman and a bottom 6 player. He has to make a lot of what he gets. No one is creating plays for him.

By my count this team is now 0-3 in games where they have a chance to clinch something of significance. They've scored 4 goals in those games, with two of them at home against lower-ranked teams.

They better find some goal scoring quick for the games that now matter.

Hakstol isn't going anywhere anytime soon unless it is his own decision to leave. He has to motivate these guys soon though.

I agree Hak is not going anywhere, but where is the team going? If they don't win tonight, that would make two straight years of "new lows" under his watch. Now THAT should be motivating to everyone involved.

Hakstol isn't going anywhere anytime soon unless it is his own decision to leave. He has to motivate these guys soon though.

It's really not on him to motivate the boys at this point, though. They have to find it within themselves considering what's at stake. They played pretty hard last night, so I don't think motivation will be a problem. CONFIDENCE, more than anything, is what this team needs.

One of my favorite expressions is "next goal wins." I think if we score first tonight we will score often.

It's really not on him to motivate the boys at this point, though. They have to find it within themselves considering what's at stake. They played pretty hard last night, so I don't think motivation will be a problem. CONFIDENCE, more than anything, is what this team needs.

One of my favorite exp<b></b>ressions is "next goal wins." I think if we score first tonight we will score often.

I used that last night when we were down 2-1 and I was wrong. I am getting tired of new lows for this team, time to go on a run for a new high.

I don't think they lack motivation, they lack talent. Rocco is playing on a line with a freshman, who is very promising, and a guy that should be a third or fourth line role player. The Parks, Mac, Drake line is a quality #2 line, that's it. Overall, the team is lacking 2-3 skilled forwards that can finish with the puck. Hak had kids decommit (ex JT Miller) and we even had one leave in the middle of the season that might have produced down the stretch. What we are left with is a below average Sioux hockey team. Maybe this is the year we don't get to the tourney. What doesn't kill you makes you stronger! Lets face it, this team doesn't have the horses in the barn to make a big push through the NCAA tournament anyways. Sometimes reality isn't fun to accept. We as Sioux fans might be getting a big dose of that tonight or next weekend when our season ends.

• Upvote 1

I agree Hak is not going anywhere, but where is the team going? If they don't win tonight, that would make two straight years of "new lows" under his watch. Now THAT should be motivating to everyone involved.

Those "lows" aren't deal breakers though.

I don't think they lack motivation, they lack talent. Rocco is playing on a line with a freshman, who is very promising, and a guy that should be a third or fourth line role player. The Parks, Mac, Drake line is a quality #2 line, that's it. Overall, the team is lacking 2-3 skilled forwards that can finish with the puck. Hak had kids decommit (ex JT Miller) and we even had one leave in the middle of the season that might have produced down the stretch. What we are left with is a below average Sioux hockey team. Maybe this is the year we don't get to the tourney. What doesn't kill you makes you stronger! Lets face it, this team doesn't have the horses in the barn to make a big push through the NCAA tournament anyways. Sometimes reality isn't fun to accept. We as Sioux fans might be getting a big dose of that tonight or next weekend when our season ends.

I think motivation and preparedness do have something to do with them being 0-3 in big games. You are correct though, thy are lacking some experienced forwards to consistently produce. I still think this team is very good, they'll roll CC tonight. Anyone know what happens if we win tonight then only win once next weekend?

Totally agree- we lack the top, top end that we're used to up front.

The mac, parks, and jewels line is a very solid 2nd unit.

I think motivation and preparedness do have something to do with them being 0-3 in big games. You are correct though, thy are lacking some experienced forwards to consistently produce. I still think this team is very good, they'll roll CC tonight. Anyone know what happens if we win tonight then only win once next weekend?

tomorrow the you are the committee and pairwisw predictor will be up on uscho and chn and we can figure all the scenarios