SiouxSports.com Forum

SIOUX vs. Western Michigan - Saturday

AZSIOUX

Its amazing how the fan base goes on such highs and lows. Its a missed chance at the cup, but I'm more comfortable facing CC than Miami too.

Everyone acts like we just got destroyed to end the season and there's no hope for a team thats top ten in the pairwise.

Is it just me or was the Ralph really quiet this year

I've always been jealous of some of the other arenas that seem to have everyone involved and ready to cheer. Amazing building, but an often underwhelming atmosphere. I've seen more playing games and checking facebook during games...

Very disappointing. For having home ice, the crowd was extremely quiet tonite. Seems like they play better when they are on the road.

4 (so far), 7, 2, and 6 - the number of goals CC has given up in each of their last four games.

2-0, 1-2, 4-3, and 0-3 - the scores of the four Miami/St Cloud games this season.

Its amazing how the fan base goes on such highs and lows. Its a missed chance at the cup, but I'm more comfortable facing CC than Miami too.

Everyone acts like we just got destroyed to end the season and there's no hope for a team thats top ten in the pairwise.

I think the low tonight comes from the fact that UND just got manhandled by an extremely mediocre team, on a night when they had a chance to make history and earn some hardware. I saw no sense of urgency until they were down in the 3rd period. Poor energy and poor motivation tonight, when they had everything to play for.

Is it just me or was the Ralph really quiet this year

The new Ralph has had its moments, but in general is usually more quiet than anything. This year has been worse than others. Everyone from Hennessey to Average Joe would complain that the building is quiet because the team is giving them nothing to cheer for. No! You cheer to get the team going, not the other way around.

Our road fans make much more noise than the home fans.

Student section has been worst in UND Hockey history as well.

• Upvote 1

Didn't get to really see much of the game until the 3rd because I midco had to show bball on the main channel and we can't get the other midco channels. Game looked sloppy and kind of ugly overall and I think part of that is a credit to Western Michigan because that is the style they want to play. Reffing also seemed pretty bad this weekend but I think it was mostly bad both ways and kind of expected that with who was reffing. I think Andy Murray may be the opposing coach I hate the most as he is just a big cry baby on the bench. Had to put the game on mute tonight because whoever was in for Hammer and Kober were just horrible to listen to and combine that with the non HD this weekend it wasn't a real great production. While I would have liked to win the 1st NCHC regular season championship I do prefer the matchup with CC quite a bit which is the reason I'm not really upset with the loss all that much. Why didn't they we get to watch the senior tribute video either?

The new Ralph has had its moments, but in general is usually more quiet than anything. This year has been worse than others. Everyone from Hennessey to Average Joe would complain that the building is quiet because the team is giving them nothing to cheer for. No! You cheer to get the team going, not the other way around.

Our road fans make much more noise than the home fans.

Student section has been worst in UND Hockey history as well.

I slept on a sidewalk when it was cold as hell outside REA for two days to get season tickets once. This year my wife and I were at the Miami series, and I couldn't believe the student section was half full upper bowl. I know it was Valentines day, and they were playing a low ranking team in the league.....but that was pathetic.

To hear that the students are going to lose seats in the rink should upset me, but it doesn't because they don't fill the section up. And it isn't like this group has had an awful year.

I think the low tonight comes from the fact that UND just got manhandled by an extremely mediocre team, on a night when they had a chance to make history and earn some hardware. I saw no sense of urgency until they were down in the 3rd period. Poor energy and poor motivation tonight, when they had everything to play for.

I dont know if i would say manhandled and wmu is a solid team. They played much better tonight and if not for that shg, who knows. Awful tough to tie it up in the third once they dropped four guys back.

I dont know if i would say manhandled and wmu is a solid team. They played much better tonight and if not for that shg, who knows. Awful tough to tie it up in the third once they dropped four guys back.

Can't argue against anything you say. It's just that lots of solid teams exist out there. Not many of them had a chance to win their conference at home on Senior Night. Big F-up tonight, IMO. They never looked in synch for more than a minute or two. Just not ready for greatness, frankly.

I think the thing that is bothering me so much the last few years is that UND is looking like a team that, for the second straight season, will get no hardware. And, nationally, this program is starting to be what others think of as "that team that gets 20 wins and finishes about 10th each year".

Sorry, just venting on a game-day thread. Maybe they can go on some miracle run, but I'm not sensing it with what has happened in the last two weeks.

• Upvote 1

I slept on a sidewalk when it was cold as hell outside REA for two days to get season tickets once. This year my wife and I were at the Miami series, and I couldn't believe the student section was half full upper bowl. I know it was Valentines day, and they were playing a low ranking team in the league.....but that was pathetic.

To hear that the students are going to lose seats in the rink should upset me, but it doesn't because they don't fill the section up. And it isn't like this group has had an awful year.

I stood outside old REA for THREE HOURS in -20 weather to make sure I was among the first of only 3,000 students allowed inside the building for the Sioux/Gopher '88-'89 series. We stood up and cheered for the team before they even took the ice for warm-ups. The team feeds off of the fans, especially the students. Sounds like the team could have used some help tonight from them.

Very frustrating that a chance to add to the legacy of Sioux hockey was missed tonight. We all say how hard it is to win a National Championship, but if you don't win one in any given year, I would like to keep adding to that legacy in some way. On home ice on Senior day battling for the 1st title in a new league against a team that was just playing for pride, and that was the effort put forth? Knew Western Michigan would give us all we could handle, but thought we would have played better. St. Cloud has started a legacy under Motzko lately and seems to be getting the most of their players. Hopefully the Sioux will add to their legacy from this point on in the season. It is nice to see the board so active again tonight, although that seems like it has become the norm --- if the Sioux lose.

Very frustrating that a chance to add to the legacy of Sioux hockey was missed tonight. We all say how hard it is to win a National Championship, but if you don't win one in any given year, I would like to keep adding to that legacy in some way. On home ice on Senior day battling for the 1st title in a new league against a team that was just playing for pride, and that was the effort put forth? Knew Western Michigan would give us all we could handle, but thought we would have played better. St. Cloud has started a legacy under Motzko lately and seems to be getting the most of their players. Hopefully the Sioux will add to their legacy from this point on in the season. It is nice to see the board so active again tonight, although that seems like it has become the norm --- if the Sioux lose.

Need a place to vent, man. Need that cathartic release. That's what game-day threads are for.