SiouxSports.com Forum

SIOUX vs. Western Michigan - Saturday

AZSIOUX

The 11-12 team (they did have talent) is a great example of a team that was suppose to be dead in the water but came back and made the regional championship game, only to lose in a heart breaker. That roster was banged up and players that normally didn't play had to step up and show what Sioux hockey was all about. That team had AWESOME leadership, starting with Mario. I think this years team lacks that intense leader.

Very weird when I looked at the 2011-2012 team roster. Almost all of those guys are still here except of course, Rowney, Nelson, Kristo and Knight. Blood, and MacWilliam. That team had the young talent and I still believe that if Nelson would have stuck around one more year we had a good chance of winning it all last year. A lot of freshmen on that team and you are right they needed a guy like Mario who hated to lose to pull them along. Maybe someone will fill that role this year just not sure who that guy is.

I was trying to think of a team that was thought to be dead without a ton of talent and then came on to make the championship game. The one that came to mind was the 2004-2005 team: http://collegehockeystats.net/0405/rosters/ndkm But when I look at the roster I think holy smokes there was some good players on this team including four current NHL players and a number of players that played pros. But that team needed guys like Fabian, Massen and Canady to show the young guys how it's done. This was the team that took a lot of penalties including 186 minutes by Matt Greene that year but learned late in the season how to be more disciplined. When they sent us East to play BU and BC we literally beat the crap out of those two teams and to this day that BC game is a fond memory.

This year's team needs the defensemen to contribute in scoring and not just play D. When that happens we win. Time for Schmaltz and Simpson to start scoring again.

IIRC, that team was something like 13/13 combined on the PK against BU & BC.

I was trying to think of a team that was thought to be dead without a ton of talent and then came on to make the championship game. The one that came to mind was the 2004-2005 team: http://collegehockey...05/rosters/ndkm But when I look at the roster I think holy smokes there was some good players on this team including four current NHL players and a number of players that played pros. But that team needed guys like Fabian, Massen and Canady to show the young guys how it's done. This was the team that took a lot of penalties including 186 minutes by Matt Greene that year but learned late in the season how to be more disciplined. When they sent us East to play BU and BC we literally beat the crap out of those two teams and to this day that BC game is a fond memory.

This year's team needs the defensemen to contribute in scoring and not just play D. When that happens we win. Time for Schmaltz and Simpson to start scoring again.

Hopefully someone else remembers better....was 2004-2005 or 2005-2006 the year where Prpich was injured so badly, one of the freshman was given the job to help him get his jersey and pads on and off?