SiouxSports.com Forum

Sioux at SCSU-Saturday

sprig

I do have to admit that since the new Ralph, a lot of people go as a social occasion instead of a sport. When the kids sitting beside you spend most of the game on their cell phones, then stop to ask what period we are in........... Makes you almost wish they would outlaw phones in there.

The "kids" aren't the only un-involved fans...I've sat around plenty of 30-40 year old guys who spend most of their evening running out of their seat to grab a beer...or eight.

The Clowns aren't Miami, CC or even UMD. They are #5 in the nation for a reason. As much as everyone was giddy about the home sweep of Miami, this weekend was another good performance and "building" (Hak's 2013-2014 favorite interview word) block moving forward. Zane was very good and UND had stretches of complete domination vs. a top 5 team.

Losing sucks and Hak needs to go ;) but least he has them playing well weekend after weekend at this time of year.

The Clowns aren't Miami, CC or even UMD. They are #5 in the nation for a reason. As much as everyone was giddy about the home sweep of Miami, this weekend was another good performance and "building" (Hak's 2013-2014 favorite interview word) block moving forward. Zane was very good and UND had stretches of complete domination vs. a top 5 team.

Losing sucks and Hak needs to go ;) but least he has them playing well weekend after weekend at this time of year.

True, SCSU was better defensively, especially in front of their own net, than they were Friday. Parks had to have nightmares over that open net to give the Sioux the lead when he hooked it into Farraghers pad, rather than into the open net. less curved blade=goal.

Parks had to have nightmares over that open net to give the Sioux the lead when he hooked it into Farraghers pad, rather than into the open net. less curved blade=goal.

A rare case of less curvy being better than more curvy, indeed.

Cory Thorson is a classless ass.

I was sitting second row when he scored scsu's second goal and came over to very aggressively taunt us. Completely over the top. Hey, celebrate your goal - but show at least some minimal level of sportsmanship.

Faragher came by for a little taunt after the eng, but he just came off as a dork.

He does this like the great thing he did to score was the best in the world when the fact was if his TEAMMATE that he didn't celebrate with wouldn't have set him up with that beautiful pass , he wouldn't have done shyt!

This is the classless crap that I am proud to say, doesn't happen from my favorite team!

Right after this goal Hennessey said "this showboat should be playing for the team 70 miles from here" made me chuckle.

Go Sioux!

I venture up to the ol' Nazi Memorial Rink once or twice a year to cheer on the opponent. I may or may not be a fan of a current conference foe. I've noticed a good chunk of your fan base knows little to nothing about hockey, other than that the puck is supposed to go into the net. I'm a little confused that a program with such a storied history has a fan base that knows so little about basic aspects of hockey. I can understand not having a grasp of schemes and styles of play, but not knowing what offsides is? or icing? really?

I would guess they at least know who the opponent is, which is better than the fair weather fans from the ag school...

• Upvote 2

I would guess they at least know who the opponent is, which is better than the fair weather fans from the ag school...

Totally slanted and taken out of context, jdub27!

What this story fails to mention is that 1,000 Bison fans in attendance were polled immediately AFTER the game - and 75% of them correctly identified NDSU as the team wearing yellow and green uniforms.

Totally slanted and taken out of context, jdub27!

What this story fails to mention is that 1,000 Bison fans in attendance were polled immediately AFTER the game - and 75% of them correctly identified NDSU as the team wearing yellow and green uniforms.

Question is....why don't the bison fans know who they are playing?

Did anyone else have issues with the SCSU webcast? Mine was choppy and buffered a lot.

No, but I had a problem with the Charter feed in Minneapolis. And by problem, I mean the announcer mispronouncing Connor Gordon & Troy Stechler's name, calling the penalty box the "naughty box", and being such an unbearable homer it would make Paul Allen 'Voice of the Vikings' blush.

• Upvote 1

No, but I had a problem with the Charter feed in Minneapolis. And by problem, I mean the announcer mispronouncing Connor Gordon & Troy Stechler's name, calling the penalty box the "naughty box", and being such an unbearable homer it would make Paul Allen 'Voice of the Vikings' blush.

Man, that was a totally different problem, they were awful I thought. I mean the whole broadcast. When they had old man Dowd talking for what seemed like a half hour, I was pulling my hair out!

UND truly is top notch in most things related to the athletic dept.

• Upvote 1

Yea, their webcast was pretty bad. Once I finally got it to load (after missing the first couple minutes), it worked alright for a while, but then was constantly freezing and buffering. Then at one point totally quit and didn't come back for a long time. Easy to understand with a free webcast, but definitely not something I paid $8 for.

Interesting story in St. Cloud Times about the SCSU player who skated over to the corner to rib the UND fans after he scored. The only problem with the storry is he had no choice - he couldn't have skated over to SCSU fans because there were UND fans in every corner.

• Upvote 1

Interesting story in St. Cloud Times about the SCSU player who skated over to the corner to rib the UND fans after he scored. The only problem with the storry is he had no choice - he couldn't have skated over to SCSU fans because there were UND fans in every corner.

I love the story because it means they notice that our fans are taking over their arena. We're in their heads so much they make plans to taunt us if they score, thanks for the compliment St. Cloud.

Man, that was a totally different problem, they were awful I thought. I mean the whole broadcast. When they had old man Dowd talking for what seemed like a half hour, I was pulling my hair out!

UND truly is top notch in most things related to the athletic dept.

SCSU's PA guy is even worse. I swear.

• Upvote 1

Thou shalt not complain about Midco forevermore.(Except for Get On Your Feet)

....well that and the whole Fargo failure guy that "Still" mispronounces the players names just as bad.....I'm just sayin.

But yes my webfeed was terrible and much worse than und current setup.....so I am thankful it has improved.

Just need to be able to cut sound and sync with TH....