SiouxSports.com Forum

MN High School Hockey Tourney

hrkac

OK...I started a bleep storm so let me see if I can add some more fuel to the fire.

Yes public schools recruit. Much bigger issue in the cities. For MafiaMan (we used to hang out at Sensor's) Kennedy is now single A. Difference is that to be able to play at public you have to move to the district or sit out a year.

I knew that Kennedy dropped down to A this year - and then, go figure, they beat Jefferson for the first time since 2000. The Eagles lost to Orono 2-1 in the sectional semi-finals.

I knew that Kennedy dropped down to A this year - and then, go figure, they beat Jefferson for the first time since 2000. The Eagles lost to Orono 2-1 in the sectional semi-finals.

Jefferson talking about dissolving their program after that one?

Ps: you ever read the book "Blades of Glory"? Great book.

Jefferson talking about dissolving their program after that one?

Ps: you ever read the book "Blades of Glory"? Great book.

Dissolving the program? No, but they did close off the city borders and no longer allow anyone living east of Penn Avenue into the west side without a passport.

Two private schools going at it now. Only two left in class A. So this is the championship game for best private school in the lower division.

Neither should be there. You look at the public schools and those kids pretty much grew up playing together. The private school kids only started playing together when they got to high school.

Not Country Club Edina...the debate to live out on tonka vs in Edina is more about commute IMO

There's no debate...Edina during the week and out on Tonka on the weekend...the bigger choice will be whether to drive the Beemer or the Range Rover.

Good game for egf. They do need to not get into the habit of just flinging puck out of zone like they were doing in second. Too many icings. Orono really tried to impede and slow down the egf players. I thought 18 loved was best on ice but 9 Bowen stick handled around them all game and 19 tweten was a force.

Egf beat St. Cloud cathedral earlier this year 3-1. (They had also beat totino to start year. 3-0 I think). I don't think Cathedral played all that great but egf was also missing Bowen I believe. They should win but it will be tight.

Last night the Orono croud was cheering "Daddy's richer"...I had a little laugh. Couldn't believe it. I'm guessing I could have misunderstood them but my buddy also thought that is what they were saying. It was pretty loud.