SiouxSports.com Forum

MN High School Hockey Tourney

hrkac

Bracket busted. I had Roseau winning it all.

Wasn't a bad pick at all. These TV guys not knowing anything about Roseau made Lakeville North an "overwhelming favorite". Heard several inferences the last couple days about the lack of toughness in Roseau's schedule. I don't think anyone would argue that overall it was a down year in section 8, but weak schedule? That's absurd. Wish they would have won today.

• Upvote 1

Wasn't a bad pick at all. These TV guys not knowing anything about Roseau made Lakeville North an "overwhelming favorite". Heard several inferences the last couple days about the lack of toughness in Roseau's schedule. I don't think anyone would argue that overall it was a down year in section 8, but weak schedule? That's absurd. Wish they would have won today.

I guess they must've played down to their competition a few too many times. They played more than well enough to win today.

Anything outside the Twin Cities Metro Area doesn't count and doesn't matter to the TV talking heads. That is why I REALLY want EGF to win it all!

Thorne was impressed with how Roseau played and really liked a few of their players especially Yon and the kid who scored their goal.

How is the second game of the day going in AA?

Eden Prairie controlled the 1st, Centennial woke up in the 2nd and we have a 4-3 Eden Prairie lead in the early 3rd. UNO recruits from EP haven't been very impressive today but maybe it is just a bad game for both of them.

Roseau really did a good job of blocking shots and not giving Lakeville North a lot of time and space. Roseau really brought the physical game and I think it got to North a little bit at times. North was the favorite and should have been but I don't know if I've ever seen Roseau even when they have been the underdog go down to the X and really not play a good close game against whoever and that's why I was a little surprised to see and hear people thinking North would win by 3-5 goals. Roseau just doesn't really let that happen even when they may not have as much talent as their opponent.

Eden Prairie controlled the 1st, Centennial woke up in the 2nd and we have a 4-3 Eden Prairie lead in the early 3rd. UNO recruits from EP haven't been very impressive today but maybe it is just a bad game for both of them.

Sunggerud has a broken wrist/hand, which has hindered him a whole lot. Not sure about the other one.

Sunggerud has a broken wrist/hand, which has hindered him a whole lot. Not sure about the other one.

Forgot about that but I do remember hearing about that during sections. Sounds like he is likely to go to UNO right away next year while Spinner is more likely headed to the USHL.

Edina up 4-0 after 1. Stillwater already seems resigned to the if we can't beat you we will beat you up theory. Edina student section with one of the better chants so far this tournament with the "Where's your boys team?" chant to Stillwater.

Better story than that about Edina. In 1990 during the sectionals Edina was playing Richfield. Maybe 1991 pretty sure `90 though. This was when the Hendrickson brothers and Steege played for Richfield. Richfield was the better team and when the scored the Richfield kids threw tennis balls at the Edina goalie. Why would they throw tennis balls at the goalie? Edina had Jenny Hanley (sp?) playing nets. With Edina winning the girls tennis every year they were saying she was playing the wrong sport.

Eden Praire and Edina will play in the state championship.

Cakeater Classic? Or is that taken?

I'll take the stronger goaltending and say Lakeville North will beat EP tomorrow night. Edina has certainly been the most impressive team to me so far and definitely should be the favorite right now.

East and Eagan looks to be a battle between two great defensive teams. Very physical game through one scoreless and the few good chances that there have been have been handled well by the goaltenders.