SiouxSports.com Forum

MN High School Hockey Tourney

hrkac

Another great 8A title game which they always seem to be. Wanted EGF to win and glad they did especially since they really didn't play there best. Really thought their goalie played well tonight and I think that was a bit of a question mark for them. They should have a good chance to be seeded #1 for the state tournament and a good chance to win it.

Another great 8A title game which they always seem to be. Wanted EGF to win and glad they did especially since they really didn't play there best. Really thought their goalie played well tonight and I think that was a bit of a question mark for them. They should have a good chance to be seeded #1 for the state tournament and a good chance to win it.

I thought the EGF goaltender was the story of the game. Made some tough stops on some quality Warroad opportunities. This is the first time I got to watch EGF play. All you hear about them is about how tremendous of a defensive team they are, but they struggled in their own end a bit. Of course a lot of that was due to who they were playing. Fun game to watch. Glad it was streamed on wdaz.

I thought the EGF goaltender was the story of the game. Made some tough stops on some quality Warroad opportunities. This is the first time I got to watch EGF play. All you hear about them is about how tremendous of a defensive team they are, but they struggled in their own end a bit. Of course a lot of that was due to who they were playing. Fun game to watch. Glad it was streamed on wdaz.

Yeah they are a great defensive team and I thought they played real sloppy and tight tonight. Warroad's top line is very good and always seems to find a way to create breakaways with Roth flying the zone early and EGF got caught on that a few teams. EGF just seemed very tentative with the puck tonight and almost played not to lose at times which created a lot of missed passes and ugly breakouts. I also thought at times EGF looked to much for the perfect play which is something I haven't really seen from them all year and I think that caused some problems for them. Ausmus, Poolman, and Eades all could be future D1 defenseman and not too many high school teams have that.

I've seen a lot of EGF games and this was not a normal one for them. In fact worst I've seen them play since before Bowen came back. Granted I think that was Warroad doing good job of pressuring. Too often EGF was just dumping out of own zone instead of breaking out.

Weber has been solid all year in net. Granted he normally faces an average of like 12 shots.

Ice looked awful slow. Puck seemed sticky. Not sure if a detriment or advantage for either team.

EGF should be the #1 seed as Breck has a few more losses. But Breck got EGF bad with a 6-0 win. But that was EGF beating #1 double A Blaine (I believe) at night and then having to turn around and play like a noon start against Breck.

Even better news for everyone in Minnesota...St Thomas loss in OT to Eagan and will not be going to state.

• Upvote 2

I've seen a lot of EGF games and this was not a normal one for them. In fact worst I've seen them play since before Bowen came back. Granted I think that was Warroad doing good job of pressuring. Too often EGF was just dumping out of own zone instead of breaking out.

Weber has been solid all year in net. Granted he normally faces an average of like 12 shots.

Ice looked awful slow. Puck seemed sticky. Not sure if a detriment or advantage for either team.

EGF should be the #1 seed as Breck has a few more losses. But Breck got EGF bad with a 6-0 win. But that was EGF beating #1 double A Blaine (I believe) at night and then having to turn around and play like a noon start against Breck.

Even better news for everyone in Minnesota...St Thomas loss in OT to Eagan and will not be going to state.

St Thomas is AA....and breck lost last night I believe.

Watch STA petition today to move back to A next season...

Looks like things are lining up pretty nicely down in St Paul for EGF. I would like to see an all north final between Hermantown and EGF. Would be a great game and finally a non private class A winner.

Couldn't agree more. Private schools, who recruit no less, should never play class A.

There should be a super championship too, pitting the A champion vs AA champion vs Midget AAA champion

Couldn't agree more. Private schools, who recruit no less, should never play class A.

Because Jefferson never pilfers the best Kennedy kids as early as squirts and has them play for the Jaguars, do they? West Bush Lake Road Bloomington kids playing in the Eden Prairie program? Richfield kids playing for Edina? Duluth East? Roseau? Warroad? Say it ain't so, Joe, say it ain't so.

Why stop at hockey? How about Hopkins boys basketball? How many of those kids on this year's team are actual residents of Hopkins, LOL?

I would think EGF should be the #1 seed but Hermantown does have a decent argument for that too. No matter who gets the #1 seed I would be pretty surprised if EGF and Hermantown aren't the 2 teams playing for the class A Championship.

Right now my guess for seeds would be:

1.EGF

2.Hermantown

3.St.Cloud Cathedral

4.Totino Grace/Mahtomedi winner

5.Orono

Teams not seeded- Chisago Lakes, Luverne, and New Prague

While AA probably will be:

1.Lakeville North

2.Hill Murray(barring upset tonight)

3.Edina

4.Blaine(barring upset tonight)

5.Duluth East

Teams not seeded- Eagan, Eden Prairie, and Roseau.

I would think EGF should be the #1 seed but Hermantown does have a decent argument for that too. No matter who gets the #1 seed I would be pretty surprised if EGF and Hermantown aren't the 2 teams playing for the class A Championship.

Right now my guess for seeds would be:

1.EGF

2.Hermantown

3.St.Cloud Cathedral

4.Totino Grace/Mahtomedi winner

5.Orono

Teams not seeded- Chisago Lakes, Luverne, and New Prague

While AA probably will be:

1.Lakeville North

2.Hill Murray(barring upset tonight)

3.Edina

4.Blaine(barring upset tonight)

5.Duluth East

Teams not seeded- Eagan, Eden Prairie, and Roseau.

I'd give NP and yes ever Luverne a shot to be seeded in class A.

Because Jefferson never pilfers the best Kennedy kids as early as squirts and has them play for the Jaguars, do they? West Bush Lake Road Bloomington kids playing in the Eden Prairie program? Richfield kids playing for Edina? Duluth East? Roseau? Warroad? Say it ain't so, Joe, say it ain't so.

Why stop at hockey? How about Hopkins boys basketball? How many of those kids on this year's team are actual residents of Hopkins, LOL?

Hopkins is the worst but my son's class at Minnetonka had 12 tranfers for basketball his age from 9-11 grade. 5 as freshman, 4 as sophs and 3 as juniors. Many of them leave for various reasons but flush out the local kids on the way. His senior year Minnetonka started 3 Minneapolis , 1 Eden Prairie and 1 Benilde transfer. Kids don't go to the basketball games because they really don't know many of the players.

You can add: Elk River hockey, Apple Valley wrestling, St. Paul Central girls ball, Moorhead Spuds Football ( at least they did when I was in high school), Fargo North ( my sister was recruited by the girls bball coach to get her to transfer from Fargo Shanley to Fargo North).

Point is some Public schools recruit.