SiouxSports.com Forum

2015 Recruiting

Hambone

Bubba and Bohl need to make a gentleman's agreement in that 1) Wyoming grants the release 2) Bubba doesn't travel him against Wyoming. Problem solved. For a guy like Bohl, who makes a living, really good living, off of college athletes, to robb a kid of his junior year is classless. I am really questioning Bohl as a man........

Well put, and that would be a fair agreement. I just lost all respect for Bohl, I understand that the schook has a policy, but you cannot tell me that Bohl could have made this kids appeal happen.

Bubba and Bohl need to make a gentleman's agreement in that 1) Wyoming grants the release 2) Bubba doesn't travel him against Wyoming. Problem solved. For a guy like Bohl, who makes a living, really good living, off of college athletes, to robb a kid of his junior year is classless. I am really questioning Bohl as a man........

I thought that too but not sure after he appealed it and was rejected if that's possible or not? I'm not sure?

According to the GF Herald article, it is Wyoming school policy to not give the release if the student is transferring to a school they are scheduled to play during the student's career. The article said it is written in the Wyoming student handbook. It doesn't sound like Bohl had anything to do with it, or a choice in the matter.

According to the GF Herald article, it is Wyoming school policy to not give the release if the student is transferring to a school they are scheduled to play during the student's career. The article said it is written in the Wyoming student handbook. It doesn't sound like Bohl had anything to do with it, or a choice in the matter.

Bohl could have put pressure on whomever handles the appeal process. The appeal process exists for certain circumstances; a primarily special teams player that want to transfer could easily be exempt to that rule.

Bohl could have put pressure on whomever handles the appeal process. The appeal process exists for certain circumstances; a primarily special teams player that want to transfer could easily be exempt to that rule.

Status as a starter or special team player shouldn't be a factor. If they are, put it in the policy. Family or health issues would be better reasons for approving an appeal. Otherwise, don't have the policy.

I am going to assume that it isn' t a   hard and fast policy or the player wouldn't have been transferring here to start with.  I am sure he will be caught off guard by this.  If Wyoming wants to let the kid transfer it will happen.  Bohl is being very spiteful.    What a jerk.

So Coach Bohl is blocking the immediate transfer of the RB to UND  because we play them next year.  Therefore he  would lose one of his years to play college football.  Bohl should be ashamed.  Very petty.  What a loser.  I feel bad for the kid. 

So much for "what's best for the kid" - he wasn't even playing much, is a foreign exchange student who wants to be closer to his friend. Bush leaque. 

Exceptions can always be made. 

I am going to go out on a limb and say that the Wyoming transfer probably won't make or break our season but what a low blow to a player that just wants to get some playing time and join a team where is has a friend already playing at. When you look at what seems to be going on at Wyoming with their won loss record and apparently recruiting not going the way they would like, Bohl might be on a slippery slope already. It couldn't be happening to a nicer guy.(yea right)

So Iwarri Smith was sitting next to "rival NDSU coach" on the plane from MPLS to Fargo.  Tweeted a picture of the nat'l championship ring.  This could get interesting.....

EDIT:  Might be good thing he said it's a rival coach, but I'm sure he got an earful......

My question is why is UND flying recruits into Fargo. It seems rather stupid to me. You may save $100 but you are making it look like Grand Forks is some rinky dink town with no flights in and out. Is that the impression you want to give recruits?

My question is why is UND flying recruits into Fargo. It seems rather stupid to me. You may save $100 but you are making it look like Grand Forks is some rinky dink town with no flights in and out. Is that the impression you want to give recruits?

Do you really think it's $100? Seriously.

It happens everywhere, even at FBS level. After 20-30 flights the costs start to add up. They need a bigger recruiting budget.

Also, some kids fly into GF. Some don't. Its not 100%...all based on cost I imagine.

It happens everywhere, even at FBS level. After 20-30 flights the costs start to add up. They need a bigger recruiting budget.

Also, some kids fly into GF. Some don't. Its not 100%...all based on cost I imagine.

We will agree on one thing, they need a bigger recruiting budget. Do you think Hak flies kids into Fargo?

Other factors might be seats available, and making the best connections.  I would guess that it is hard to find a lot of seats going into Grand Forks on a Friday on short notice.  As of right now, the only flight from Minneapolis to Grand Forks that has seats available next Friday is the last flight in that night.  Fargo has more flights.  Also, Fargo has flights on Frontier and United coming in from the west.  Grand Forks has Delta from Minneapolis and a few Allegiant flights.  But I would guess that the coaches, football program and school might be more important factors to prospective players than the number of flights in and out of town.

Thanks for your interest in UND football and never ending fountain of knowledge. Pretty sure there are plenty of DI college towns that have airport logistic issues - Not thinking there are very many direct flights into Charleston, IL - Champaign is their main airport (52 miles away) they seem to be doing okay.  

I did some searching this morning on Wyomings recruiting. I learned a few things. They got one verbal this week from a kid who had previously verballed to EWU. Tyus Carter was or might still be a prospect for them.

So who all do we have at RB right now Arrington, Simmons (if he is cleared to played), Oliveira ... who am I missing? And who would be projected to get the heaviest load?

As it sits right now I expect Arrington to get 65-70% of the carries to start the year. Norberg and Oliveira to split the rest with a splash of Santiago and Georges. As the season goes on Oliveira will get more carries and if Arrington and Oliveira stay healthy they split carries evenly or coaches give a few more carries to the hot back on a per game basis. I think Norberg could he used as a fullback type if not needed at RB. I would love to see Simmons and Sharp in the mix but I am counting Simmons out with injury and Sharp as too average to play.

As it sits right now I expect Arrington to get 65-70% of the carries to start the year. Norberg and Oliveira to split the rest with a splash of Santiago and Georges. As the season goes on Oliveira will get more carries and if Arrington and Oliveira stay healthy they split carries evenly or coaches give a few more carries to the hot back on a per game basis. I think Norberg could he used as a fullback type if not needed at RB. I would love to see Simmons and Sharp in the mix but I am counting Simmons out with injury and Sharp as too average to play.

I'm not giving up on Sharp yet. He's young. He needs to learn patience and get stronger. He shows good burst and feet. He just needs time.