SiouxSports.com Forum

2015 Recruiting

Hambone

UND has offered Roland Genesy, JUCO RB out of Arizona. Has an offer from Indiana State. I believe he spent a year at Tenn-Martin before going JUCO. Also believe he is a December grad so could come in for Spring ball.

http://www.hudl.com/athlete/4008329/roland-genesy

http://kansasstate.scout.com/a.z?s=173&p=8&c=1&nid=7871230

Any transfer/Juco players that we can get up here for 2nd semester and spring ball will be huge.  Give them a chance to adapt and the coaching staff some time to work with them and determine if they are going to work out. 

Also gives additional time to get some of the clearinghouse stuff worked out.  Didn't one of the dback from last year have paper work issues? 

https://www.midcosn.com/blog/2014/11/und-football-thoughts/

Here is a few thoughts Dan Hammer posted on his blog.  This gives a bit more of an Idea what Bubba and staff will be doing the next couple of weeks.

I question whether Studsrud has established himself as the leading contender to be the starting quarterback in 2015, as Hammer contends. While it's certainly possible that Studsrud earns the starting job, I think it's at least as possible he redshirts in 2015 if both Mollberg and Bartels come back relatively healthy.

• Upvote 1

I question whether Studsrud has established himself as the leading contender to be the starting quarterback in 2015, as Hammer contends. While it's certainly possible that Studsrud earns the starting job, I think it's at least as possible he redshirts in 2015 if both Mollberg and Bartels come back relatively healthy.

My first thought as well.  The staff was obviously protecting Studsrud due to an incredibly thin bench at QB.  He was asked to be a game manager, not game changer, and while he did a pretty good job of it, I'm not sure that does anything more than put him in the conversation to be the starting QB next year, same as Mollberg and Bartels.

• Upvote 1

I question whether Studsrud has established himself as the leading contender to be the starting quarterback in 2015, as Hammer contends. While it's certainly possible that Studsrud earns the starting job, I think it's at least as possible he redshirts in 2015 if both Mollberg and Bartels come back relatively healthy.

Studsrud went 2-2 as a starter, including a 2-0 mark in the last 2 games showing improvement. On top of that, he has youth on his side; he will continue to grow and get better. Plus, he led UND on a comeback game-winning drive to beat a ranked team for the first time since 2011. In my opinion, Hammer's comments were spot on. Bubba and Rudolph believe Srudsrud is the guy at the position moving forward. He'll only get better with his first winter weights session, a full fall camp preparing as the starter, a better defense and running game, and better receivers to work with.

Runningback may be the biggest thing that the team needs to adress.  Shaugs and Simmons should be back, but getting a stud FBS transfer would be huge.  Bubba has shown that he is commited to the running game.  Controlling the ball and having long sustained posessions is a formula that works.  Also, if they can establish that solid running game, it make it so much weasier for the passing game.  I honeslty think that Studrud will be the starter next year week 1.  I don't think Molberg will be close to healty by then and I think that the coaches really like Studsrud's athleticism over Bartels.  an offseason and spring and fall ball will really benifit Studsrud and help himfeel more confortable back there.

Shaugs and Jer are done. We should have Simmons, Sharp and Norberg (if they decide to keep Kyle as a running back) coming back, barring any unforeseen departures for whatever reason. Then you can add Oliviera and possibly Santiago as a scat back or slot receiver, if they don't RS.

Another big strong and fast JUCO or drop down would be welcome.

Runningback may be the biggest thing that the team needs to adress. Shaugs and Simmons should be back, but getting a stud FBS transfer would be huge. Bubba has shown that he is commited to the running game. Controlling the ball and having long sustained posessions is a formula that works. Also, if they can establish that solid running game, it make it so much weasier for the passing game. I honeslty think that Studrud will be the starter next year week 1. I don't think Molberg will be close to healty by then and I think that the coaches really like Studsrud's athleticism over Bartels. an offseason and spring and fall ball will really benifit Studsrud and help himfeel more confortable back there.

Runningback may be the biggest thing that the team needs to adress.  Shaugs and Simmons should be back, but getting a stud FBS transfer would be huge.  Bubba has shown that he is commited to the running game.  Controlling the ball and having long sustained posessions is a formula that works.  Also, if they can establish that solid running game, it make it so much weasier for the passing game.  I honeslty think that Studrud will be the starter next year week 1.  I don't think Molberg will be close to healty by then and I think that the coaches really like Studsrud's athleticism over Bartels.  an offseason and spring and fall ball will really benifit Studsrud and help himfeel more confortable back there.

Shaugs is done I believe.  So coming back would be Simmons, Sharp (unless he leaves due to lack of playing time), and Norberg.  We have at least one true Freshman committed in Oliveira (2 if Santiago stays at RB).  I believe we have offers out to a couple JUCO RBs already, but I think that we will end up with an FBS transfer and a JUCO coming in.  So we may have as many as 4 new RBs this fall.

EDIT:  Beat me to it Teeder

Shaugs is done I believe.  So coming back would be Simmons, Sharp (unless he leaves due to lack of playing time), and Norberg.  We have at least one true Freshman committed in Oliveira (2 if Santiago stays at RB).  I believe we have offers out to a couple JUCO RBs already, but I think that we will end up with an FBS transfer and a JUCO coming in.  So we may have as many as 4 new RBs this fall.

EDIT:  Beat me to it Teeder

Well, at least our info was consistent! ( :

I hope Jer opened the staffs eyes to the benefit of a small quick back that needs a good hole and can take it from there. We need a jazz musician in the backfield in addition to a heavy metal one.

I agree.  It isn't always the biggest that can get the job done.  Jer hit the holes and made some impressive RB moves in motion,,,,that was why he was successful and priors were not IMO

Correct. Not sure how anyone looks at a kid who didn't complete 50% of his passes and states he is the front runner. Bartels has shown he is a much more effective QB when he is healthy. One blogger commented Mollberg won't be back by fall?? Not sure where they got that but if they meant he likely won't be back this spring they are correct. Rehab is 4-6 months not years. I think Bartels comes out as front runner after spring ball.

I don't have a very good source on this but word on the street and I heard this in a bar that Molberg will probably be transferring out. Don't shoot the messenger just what I overheard while being a fly on the wall.

Do you think they were guessing what would happen or did it sound like that had inside info?