SiouxSports.com Forum

2016 UND Recruiting

UND Fan

2 hours ago, gundy1124 said:

Looking at him to play DB, we need some packages with 3 corners in the game for certain teams and certain situations in games.  Good to see us addressing the coverage need with Holm, Chinn, and now Hunt, to add to Harris, Sills, and Carter.  I suppose if Holm, Chinn, or Hunt gets a little more weight on their bones Safety is also an option.  I be surprised if the Holm kid redshirts, he looks ready to go, very good speed and ball skills.

Don't forget Vashon Tucker. Not sure how he progressed this year, but I believe he had several FBS offers. Man am I excited for this program, and next season already.

I was joking with my buddy yesterday, who is a bison fan, about how it must be really nice to still be watching football rather than recruiting. We'll get there.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, bang said:

I agree with you we should get a cable quarterback in every class. Chris Simdorm was a QB for the Bison in the late 80's early 90's. I believe he even won the Harlon Hill. Probably not a big fan of UND and surely a huge fan of NDSU.

Well, hopefully he is a good coach that is looking out for the best interest of the player, over begrudging an old rival.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, bang said:

He might but it would be hard to get a former Bison into giving recommendations to go to UND. Although Feeney has had a few players end up at UND.

I wouldn't read to much into that. If I had a son looking for a place to play I wouldn't recommend my own alma mater's team at this point. 

It would be pretty despicable thing to steer a kid away from a school that wanted him just because it was a rival school to the coach's alma mater. Not saying it doesn't happen, but that's a small-minded and selfish coach if it does.

Great recruiting week.  Adding quality depth is a must for any program and und hasn't had that luxury quite yet.  Bubbas aggressive d will only get better with the depth issue not being an issue.  He will be able to keep the" pedal to the metal " mentally regardless of injuries .  Now all we need is a scholly qb 

7 minutes ago, PATRIOT said:

Yes Sir!

Great - we are pleased that Torrey will be continuing his athletic and academic careers at UND.  It looks like he is quite versatile.  What position was he recruited to play?  How did the connection with UND come about?

• Upvote 2

On ‎12‎/‎17‎/‎2015 at 10:03 AM, Hambone said:

Isaac Leppke - great athlete that I thought had the potential to come in as either a partial scholarship or PWO.  Has a track offer from Iowa, and an offer from the University of San Diego for football.  I'm guessing he could still be a potential if they do decide to give a scholarship to a QB or if Bolinske from Minot isn't going to be a PWO candidate.  It does appear that he is very interested in UND.

Leppke has verballed to Wyoming.

1 minute ago, Westside said:

Torey Hunt has signed, will be taking classes spring semester & can participate in spring ball.  5 years to play 4.

http://siouxfb.areavoices.com/2016/01/11/cb-torrey-hunt-signs-and-overall-update/

Anyone know if juco transfer Dijon Murray is enrolled for spring?

He tweeted over the weekend that he already missed his mom when he got on the plane.  So I'm guessing he's there.

• Upvote 1

35 minutes ago, Westside said:

Torey Hunt has signed, will be taking classes spring semester & can participate in spring ball.  5 years to play 4.

http://siouxfb.areavoices.com/2016/01/11/cb-torrey-hunt-signs-and-overall-update/

Anyone know if juco transfer Dijon Murray is enrolled for spring?

Yup, looks like Dijon is enrolled. Listed as a sophomore academically in Criminal Justice Studies.